Cabeles ?

I

IDhunter

LAST EDITED ON Nov-29-03 AT 05:42PM (MST)[p]I have read alot of posts about people using cabelas and being very happy, I would like to know if anyone has had a bad experience with them. I tried them once, 3 years ago. I saved for 2 1/2 years to get a little over $200 for a spotting scope, checked around and decided to buy it from cabelas because of the price and everyone I talked to seemed to like them. I got the scope and it wouldn't focus at all, so I sent it back asking for a replacement. They sent me an invoice letting me know that they had refunded the price of the scope to my credit card, but they charged me over $50 for the shipping. I ended up spending $50 and not getting a thing for it. I get cabelas magazines several times a year and throw them away without looking at them. I am looking to buy a treestand to try out and want some honost opinions about cabelas from all of you that have used them, Maybe I will give them another try. Thanks
IDhunter

I have ordered a lot of stuff from Cabelas and have never had a shipping charge of anywhere near $50. Even if you include the shipping charges you spent returning it, the combination should not have been $50. What gives?

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

I have been purchasing from Cabela's for almost 30 years and no way have I ever paid anywhere near $50.00 for returning items.
I returned something just this past Sept. and my account was credited for the amount of item. I paid about $5.00 to return by US Postal as I don't have UPS here close and not sure where the Fed Ex is either. Just went to a local P.O. and mailed it back.

Brian

A couple of years ago I bought a bow from Cabela's. At my third shot with this new bow the string came off of the idler wleel while at full draw. I was Piiiiiiissed! Not to mention sore. I called them up and they had Fed-ex come out, pick up the bow and I had a brand new one, with another accessory kit and a $50 gift certificate,the day after. No charge what so ever! Now thats service! I have ordered thousands of $ worth of stuff from them and have NEVER had a problem returning anything.
That sucks that you got carped on that deal!
Eric
Bird-01.gif
075313.gif

costumed-smiley-024.gif

Life long "vagitarian"
la.gif

I bought a ramp for my Quad and It was to short ( I almost flipped over trying to get it in my truck). I called Fedex and it was going to cost me $75 to send it back. I then called Cabelas and they told me they would have Fedex pick it up the next day at no charge and my new ramp was sent out a couple of days after that with no shipping charges.

IDHUNTER:

Cabelas accepted a pair of boot high, sheepskin-lined loungers I had worn a full year, and exchanged them for a smaller size at no charge. Cabelas had recommended, in the original pair, that I buy a size too large for proper fit. I complied, but they ended up stretching (like everything does) and becoming too loose to even stay on my feet. I spelled out the facts, shipped my "boots" back to them without discussion, and received a new pair in two weeks - withOUT any shipping charge.

***Sperca

Never a problem ever to return any thing! I even bought a ZEISS VM scope ,mounted it to a warbird, hunted WYOMING for 10 days killed a nice buck and thought I still wanted a LEUPOLD LPS 2.5X 10 and so I called and was honest too!they said they take care of every thing and they did! even said Iwas going to buy it some were else not a problem he said!
Cabelas sells BILLIONS now yes BILLIONS so I would call up and ask to chat with some in customer service they really want to help! Thats what there about!

Can't say much more than everyone else...great service, competetive (or better) prices. Never (Yet) have had any problems with Cabelas.

One hint, at least here in East Idaho the express shipping and the regular shipping come at the same time. Don't pay extra for the express!

Never had a bad experience with Cabelas.. I bought a goose flag one time and it was missing a piece and they sent one next day air and told me to keep the one I had.. This past summer I ordered a leica rangefinder and it ended up shipping to some other address. They sent another next day air.

Jer

Thanks for the responses, sounds like I am the only one I know of that has been shafted by them. Some of you thought $50 was very high shipping, well so did I. They charged me $23 and change to ship me the scope, then charged my credit card another $23 and change for returned shipping, thats why I never bought from them again. From what all of you have said I think I may give them another try. I'll have to find them online because I just threw away thier new magazine last week. Thanks again
IDhunter

IDhunter,
You may want to call them up and explain your situation. Perhaps you spoke to a customer rep that was new or something. I too am a satisfied customer. I had a ten year old pair if $50 binos with the cabelas name on it. Inner lens got loose and I sent them back. They sent me a brand new pair a couple weeks later.
-Raptor

I have never had a problem with them i buy all my stuff at cabela's, but i have a discount. they have the best return policy on the earth. i would call them back and explain it to them.

I have returned many items to Cabelas and have never had a hassle. The $50 shipping sounds very high to me. I don't think I have spent over $15.00 per order on shipping. I returned a Leica 800 rangefinder after using it in Wyoming for a week and they refunded the entire price plus sales tax to my credit card. If you ever have the chance, go to one of their retail stores. They are great. You can walk around without spending a cent and feel like you are in heaven. A lot of the returned items end up in their bargin cave at reduced prices. I found a $200 gortex rain suit for $140 and couldn't find anything wrong with it.

Searchin' for a 4 X 4

I've been ordering from cabelas for at least 4 years, and have never had a problem with them. Would love to visit their store. Ditto on all else said being positive. I love their special edition magazine, hardback, with tabs and everything, about 2.5 inches thick I think, very nice!

Michael~All Gods creatures welcome, right next to the mashed potatoes and gravy.

I've ordered all kinds of gear from them.a bow i ordered was shipped with the wrong draw length and weight. they took it back and sent me what i needed, and the shipping charge was no where near $50. i've had good luck with them.
shawn cooksey

Like many of the above, I've ordered thousands of dollars worth of equipment from Cabela's over the years. They've never given me anything but exceptional customer service. In fact, their customer service is so good that some guys take advantage of them. I knew a guy who returned a pair of boots after wearing them hard for four years; they gave him 50 percent off the price of a new pair. The same guy returned an Alaskan guide tent (I have one too) that he had mis-used and they refunded his money. There are very few companies out there that take customer service as seriously as Cabela's, Leupold being one of the others. I'd give them a second chance...

LAST EDITED ON Dec-10-03 AT 10:41AM (MST)[p]That makes two of us that have been screwed by them. Didn't want you to feel like they were picking on just you. :)

I ordered this cool little tripod with nested legs from them once, and they sent me a rifled slug barrel for a shotgun. I did next day shipping on the tripod because I was going coues hunting that weekend. The slug barrel, while interesting, wasn't much use to me. Rolleyes. It was, however, more expensive than the tripod.

I called them up, and they basically told me thanks for letting them know, and they were going to charge my credit card for the shotgun barrel until they got it back. Oh, and they weren't going to send the tripod out without charging my credit card for that also. I was a little pi55ed. I asked them for their UPS shipper number, and they refused to give it to me. I was really pi55ed now.

I went ahead and paid the shipping to get that stupid shotgun barrel off of my credit card, and told then to shove the tripod. A week or so later I got the tripod anyway, and yes they did charge me for it.

Being an overachiever, I wrote them a nasty letter. I got a reply, I think from D.I.C.K. (I still have it filed somewhere), basically telling me I was an ass but it was a pleasure bending me over.

This happened a long time ago, like '86, so they weren't quite as focused on customer service. It was quite a while before I ordered anything from them again, and I only do now if I can't find it anywhere else. Midway and Natchez are a lot cheaper anyway. ;-) But they seem to be a lot better now. Never did get my shipping money back. Shrug.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom