CABIN ROBBED/MOUNTS STOLEN

J

JohnTaro12

Well my brother just showed up to our cabin this afternoon in Happy Jack to find out it was broken in and they stole all of our mounts and electronics.

I ain't worried about the electronics but I am going to post up the pictures of all our mounts that was stolen. Its probably a long shot but if you guys would take a look at the pictures and just keep an eye out for anyone that might be trying to sell some it would be appreciated.

There was a Buffalo from House Rock, A nice Kaibab Buck, another arizona buck, a turkey, 3 bass, a couple ranch sheep/goats, my whole shed collection, two of my arizona bull racks just skull capped.

I dont know what the chances are on seeing any of it again but I have to try, theres a lot of time, effort, money, memories, stories etc wrapped up into our hunting sucesses that just can't be replaced and I am sure most of you know what I am talking about.

(Still kinda fresh since I just found out tonight so sorry if i Rambled) gonna start posting pictures now

LAST EDITED ON Apr-20-12 AT 11:31PM (MST)[p]http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/7138kaibabdeer.jpg

8452kaibabdeer2.jpg

This is my Dads buck, and best buck from kaibab could never be replaced.

4765buff.jpg

here is my dads house rock buffalo, awesome hunt! this is probably the main thing that we would like to see again since he can never shoot another buff in AZ.

9367sheds.jpg

9621sheds2.jpg

Here is my sheds and heads, The two bulls arent studs but one was my first acrchery bull and another was my rifle bull Gonna miss those a bit.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-21-12 AT 00:14AM (MST)[p]http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/9743goat.jpg

102sheep.jpg

Thought i would throw these up there just incase someone happens to run into them don't know what they are it was a ranch hunt whenm i was a kid. Don't judge me lol

If anyone happens to run into anything that may look like my mounts I would really like to hear about it and if anyone has any information on where they would start looking or if you have any ideas that could give me a change to recovering even one thing i would like to hear your thoughts

I know its all a long shot but our family is pretty attached to these things that can never be replaced

Thanks for any help anyone could offer ahead of time (even if you just take a look at the pics and keep an eye out it would help)

Put this post on evety hunting site you can think of. Tweekers are the worst, and I hope they get caught. F,n punks...

Unless the thieves returned a number of times to take all that stuff, they would have had to have used a large trailer, truck, or multiple trucks. Whoever pulls that chit should be shot and I'm not kidding as the dollar value is one thing, but the sentimental value can't be measured. I was up in 6A by Mary Lake for the two week archery elk hunt last September and that's why everything I had of value, including my dog in his cage, was locked up to prevent easy theft. In this instance, the only way to prevent something like this would be to have heavy bars on every door and window. It's a damn shame, but that's what this world is coming to! Start at any flea market or pawn shops in the Flagstaff area and post pictures in any business that would allow it and good luck!

Really sorry to hear about things like this! I hope you can find them and get them back. I own a cabin off of Lake Mary Road and often worry about something like this happening. Damn it is a sad situation!

Ya it really hits ya when it actually happens, we always have had it in the back of our minds that our mounts werent safe up there and just never got around to dealing with the problem in time.

And taxi work isnt cheap and people buy that stuff up so i am sure they could of got some money out of it if they tried.

but it probably just went to drugs. just hoping the stuff they took is unique enough that someone is stupid enough to one day display it like its theres and i hopefully run into it i guess

definitely going with bars on the windows and security doors before another mount goes back in there tho lol

It was likely someone that knew about your stuff well ahead of time, or someone local nosing around when they saw what you had then broke in .... I don't know what the laws are like in Arizona , but in Utah, anything taken to a Pawn shop is held for 2 weeks before they sell it , just in case merchandise brought in could be stolen . This 2 week time window allows police to investigate . Tweekers love pawn shops . Thats where the stuff that was stolen from me ended up at , was a pawn shop, by Tweekers.

Keep an eye out on ebay. Put buffalo or bison on your watch list and you'll get an email from ebay everytime one is listed.
I feel your pain. I had a house in Baja where I kept my first bowkill deer. Someone broke in and stole numerous items including my deer mount. Not a giant blacktail but it was my first bowkill and you can't replace it.

John
There have been a lot of robberies in the Happy Jack units on RT 87. This has been going on for about 6 months. Don't know if you are in one of those units or on Lake Marys road. I'd also check the pawn shops or antique stores in Winslow and Payson since thats just up or down the road.

I really hope you get your mounts back and find out who stole them. I leave a game camera hid up at my little hunting shack in hopes if someone rips me off I'll get a pic of them.

There was a robery over a year ago in the Williams area and they pawned many of the items stolen. When you can't replace something that has been stolen it hurts the worst. I hope you recover your items, the jerks are caught and dealt with and things get better for you soon.

Take your pictures and make up a poster and mail them to all the pawnshops for 100 miles around, its a shot.
Send them to sporting good shops too and ask them to post them up.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Not a good feeling getting ripped!I hope you recover your items.
You could always set it back up with a couple of things in the cabin,and hide some cameras around the property,and wait.May take some time,but thief's are known to return to the seen of the crime.I wish you luck.

Get those photos out to antler buyers too. Might get lucky. Last October a couple of local "smart guys" got into my truck that was in my driveway and stole my Swarovski HD-80 spotting scope. Right away I did up fliers with a photo and serial number and got them to the local gun shops and pawn shops. Three days later the two "smart guys" tried to pawn the scope for $80. The owner, a friend of mine, had the flier on his counter. Cops were called of course but they ran and he went after them. They surrendered.

Seems these two had done FIVE auto burglaries that night in our neighborhood!

I'm going to their Judgement and Sentencing on May 29. They are pleading to ONE count of felony theft and IF they pass probation, it goes down to a misdemeanor!

Yeah that is real justice, isn't it!

I'm going to get to speak with the judge before he sentences them. They have never spent a day in jail. Seems the local detective told them if they would "fess up" and give back the other property they had stole, he wouldn't book 'em!

If not for the flier I got out (Not the police department!) these "boys" would have gotten away with it. Send out fliers, post your photos everywhere you can. Write a letter to the editor of all the papers and explain what happened.

Maybe, just maybe you'll get lucky like I did!

Good luck!

Don Martin
Kingman, AZ

P.S. I now have motion sensor lights all around my drive way! I'm asking the judge to make these "smart guys" pay for them! I also have an alarm system for the house. I like the idea of a trail cam too.

so did you get the posters out.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom