cache/crawford

Chriswy

Does anyone know if there was any decent deer harvested in the late season cache crawford hunt this year. I am hoping that soon i will be able to draw a tag for this hunt.

The Crawfords are a few minutes from my house. I have not heard of any big deer harvested. However, there are usually some good ones taken each year. I think this unit has went down hill the past few years. Thats is not to say it still isn't a great unit. I showed a guy from Cedar City a good place a few years back and he took a really great buck. There are still nice bucks that make it over from Wyoming.

If you draw this unit, let me know and I will show you around.

Thanks for the information. I am hoping in the next couple of years i can get the tag. I currently have 6 points and hopefully will be able to try my luck. I only wish Wyoming would have some trophy hunts like utah does

Hey Woody, I just figured by your handle that you liked to hunt Curtis Creek or Old Canyon, I didn't know you actually lived over there ;) What a sweet, but cold, little place to call home.

Hows the Ice on Birch Creek?

Fork,

It was -23 last week. Yesterday at 9:30 AM it was -9. I am sure it is iced by now. But please don't tell anyone. I will show you some fish I took out of there last year if you promise not to tell anyone :) [email protected]

I have lived here about 6 years. The original plan was to stay for about 5 and then move back to cache valley. However, my family loves it here and there are no people which makes it even better. 9 months of winter and 3 months of mosquitoes!!!

Hey woody,Send me some pics of them fish, I would like to see them. Is the ice fishin good there? If so we ought to go out oneday. I also have a buddy that drew that cow hunt I had last year, have you seen anything or know of a spot to send him other then the ones we hunted last year?

LAST EDITED ON Dec-17-07 AT 08:39PM (MST)[p]Muzz,

The ice fishing can be pretty good. However, it can also be tough at times. I think I have a decent spot. I would hunt over by Bear Lake, above Meadowville it were me.

I will take you ice fishing. Get a hold of me over the holidays.

Here is my email: [email protected]

Hey Jason,

How are the cottontails this year between Birch and Woddruff lakes?

It makes for an enjoyable day to go thru Evanston and past Deseret and see all the bull elk and then up there and arrow a few bunnies, come back home past Bear lake and down thru the Cache Valley.

Those cottontails sure are good eats in January!

Robb

Hey Rob, if your wanting to plink a few rabbits let me know, I wouldnt mind runnin up with ya.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-18-07 AT 09:15AM (MST)[p]Rob/Muzz,

I have been seeing a few rabbits running around; mostly white jacks the past few days. Still not a lot up here but their are a few around.

There are a lot of coyotes from what a friend of mine says (who has been trapping them).

All the big Deseret Bulls are sitting right next to the highway. There were over a 100 bulls bunched up the other day.
I wish I had a decent camera.

You 2 come on up and stop in. I might even feed you some elk steak...

Sure aren't any coyotes on the crawfords anymore. My buddy went up there and I guess they are using cyanide. He saw two coyotes but no tracks at all. Use to be a good spot to call.

Thats surprising, I wish it was true. I still think there are a lot up there in areas. There are so many dead dear in the spring and I am sure they are not all from winter and Mountain Lions

Jason/Chad..... sounds like a plan!

Yeh--the bulls are looking real good as my Mrs had her Deseret cow hunt last saturday.

I got stuck in that stinking road constrution twice last summer right out of Woodruff going to Wyoming scouting. I should of had your cell # with me and visited!

Sometime in January for a cottontail bow hunt and a coyote rifle hunt combo sounds great!

Robb

Sounds like a fun day.

Wyochris ya wanna hook-up for a day and chase 'yote's?

Maybe we can talk ForkWest into coming Chad.
We could ride over in his pimped out Hummer 2.....ha

Robb

An H2!? Please! Thats so last year! Make no mistake my friend its and H3, with chrome spinners of course! Except they don't work so well when caked with that sticky red Woodruff mud, so I'd probably have to drive my H4 (Hyundai 4 cylinder).

Ya keep me posted, never chased "tail" with my bow before, sounds fun ;-)

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom