cactus buck

NMBOWHUNTR

ok I finally got out to do some scouting this weekend for my upcoming elk hunt and happened to find this dude. I have never seen a cactus buck before and from my understanding are pretty rare. It was a treat to say the least. His bases looked like 4 inch pipes coming out of his head, just total mass carried all the way up his antlers.
3763rscn1974.jpg

2173rscn1975.jpg

7644rscn1976.jpg

Sorry about the picture quality it was right at dusk and my camera sucks but believe me he was impressive.

Has anyone else run across a buck like this out in the woods?

ive got one on the wall. shot him the first day of the first rifle hunt of the 98 season. full velvet an no nuts.

It was good man saw a total of 9 bulls 10 bucks and about 40 cows. I'm getting pumped for the hunt the cows were chirping and a few of the bulls were big. Of course I won't be able to find them during season or our slacker buddy who hasn't been out scouting at all will drop one on his first bowhunt. You been able to get out yet for your deer hunt? You got a good tag buddy you need to get out there.

No havent made it up there yet. I just worked 11 days straight and 1 off and then had to go back for 2 more. I also have to go to Ruidoso to teach a class in August but will be chasing a bear while Im down there. Maybe I can get to that unit for deer in late August early Sept. I guess our buddy was out shooting today and did all right out to 30 but he better get better for his first attempt.

Man do I like freaks and geeks! That is one neat buck! I'd take him anywhere on any hunt if I had the tag!

Here is a cactus buck my hunter took last year on a deer hunt on the Strip in Arizona.

Don Martin
Arizona Wildlife Outfitters

2686tony_keller_strip_nt_2010.jpg

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom