Cali deer tags

L

love2hunt16

Are all california deer tags draw only or can you buy over the counter? I'm new to cali and don't know a whole lot about laws, rules and regulations.

Thanks for any help.

No they are not all draws, and yes you can by them otc at a dfg office. If you purchase an application from a dealer like walmart....you will have to fill it out....send it in....and then they will mail you the tag, but like I said if you go to an actuall dfg office they can be bought otc. Other than that depends on when and where you want to hunt if its draw or otc.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Thanks for the response. I'm looking for an area to hunt that contains more muleys than blacktails. Is further north in Cali the best place to pursue mule deer?

>Thanks for the response. I'm
>looking for an area to
>hunt that contains more muleys
>than blacktails. Is further
>north in Cali the best
>place to pursue mule deer?
>
For pure muleys you'll have to hunt the X zones and all of those are draw hunts. You can hunt desert muleys in D12 & D17 Those are not draw tags but they sell-out VERY FAST. They're all gone for '09 unless you want to hunt them with an Archery Only tag.
Where in CA are you ?

>I'm in Sacramento. Any good
>areas near me?
If you can get access to private property in the Gold Country (foothills) you'd have great opporotunity at Blacktail/muley hybrids. Up higher in the NF the D zones are tough hunting but anything can happen.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom