Calif Archery tags

R

Ridge_Runner

Hey guys

Can anyone tell me if the area specific archery tags are a draw tag or a first come first serve tag? I want to Hunt the A zone with a general tag and then put in for an archery tag perhaps for a x zone or one of the c zones. Any info would be great.

Happy trails

Ridge Runner

Ridge_Runner:

All X-zones and C zones are area specific tags, meaning you have to apply for them through the drawing (both rifle and archery). However, many have good odds to draw for archery. Archery Only (AO) tags are unlimited and are valid in all B, D, and A zones. Good luck and I hope it helps.

BOHNTR )))--------->

BOHNTR

Can I put in for a General A zone then for the 2nd tag apply for a area specific tag and if not drawn still get a AO tag for the 2nd tag? If not drawn then would I have a preference point for next year? Sorry for all the questions but you seem to know the system pretty well. I have read last years regs but still a bit confused. Thanks.

Happy trails

Ridge Runner

Ridge_Runner:

The draw system in California only allows your first deer tag application to be used for area specific archery tags in the X-zones (unless the are underfilled-which never happens). Since A zone tags never reach their respective allotment, I would apply for the the area specific tag(s) on your first application and put an AO as your last choice. On your second application, you can ask for an A zone tag. Generally you receive this tag after the drawing has taken place since it did not reach it's allotment.

There is going to be a point system initiated for the first time this year in California. So, all of this may be useless if different procedures are in place. We will all see in May when the regs come out.

BOHNTR )))-------->

BOHNTR

Thanks for the reply. That looks like the plan. Guess I will wait till the regs come out to see if any change has been made to them from last years and then look at the dates. I will be able to hunt from July to around the 1st of Sept so want to take the full advantage of the bow seasons. Thanks again for the reply.

Happy trails

Ridge Runner

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom