california antelope.

That would be zone 4,Lassen period 1.For better odds look at period 2 plus a little more rutting activety.Lassen archery can be great but the period 1 hunters mess off your water holes with their scouting.The state record is an even 89 inches and was picked up in Lassen co in 1985.Rumor has it a toad was killed during period 1 last year but it hasnt turned up yet. Its all about the easy winters and good wet springs so far this year is on track. GOOD LUCK! BH1

Got max pts,like about a thousand others.Wish DFG would consider more tags. Not like theres a shortage of pronghorns in northeast CA

Buckhunter, saw a photo of a true 19"er on a guy's cell phone a few weeks ago. Country looked alot like very Eastern part of Lassen and he claimed that's where he took it. He won't have it scored, I asked him.

Buddy took a 84"er last year AFTER missing the big one.

Not really givin up game since everyone already knows but you won't find the big ones road huntin.

Hey Slayer, I mean Elk slayer, did that buck carry a lot of mass? The one I heard of should score close to 90 inches. Tell dude he needs to get er scored, pay some respect to the animal not to mention give us wanna be speedgoat hunters a little wood! BH1

Is it me or are those goats numbers taking their time rebuilding since winter 92/93?...
Mike

+1 mod700, good thought, me too.

Landowner tags, poachers, critters...?? cause it ain't habitat loss or too many tags given out in the draw. Would have expected to see a faster rebound.

Joey

Buckhunter1, the buck was medium heavy, nice prong too. Due to the length, it was probably heavier than it looked.

If you knew/heard about that buck the factor you wouldn't forget is the way the horns laid out semi-flat.

He's a good ole boy, born and breed in Lassen. He won't get it scored just to spite folks. Kinda guy you'd want on your side.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom