Utah mule deer limited entry

What unit has the best change at a trophy buck 180+

• Total voters
You hiring a guide? Or hunting for yourself?

No disrespect to guides.

Too many people out there, that don't know how to hunt.

Judist Priest.....

A question like this is from someone that has NO idea what they are doing.....

This is our problem.

People think Trophy scores is normal.

You hiring a guide? Or hunting for yourself?

No disrespect to guides.

Too many people out there, that don't know how to hunt.

Judist Priest.....

A question like this is from someone that has NO idea what they are doing.....

This is our problem.

People think Trophy scores is normal.
I will hunt with family and friends. That is more important than score. Just curious if my thoughts are inline with others.

Eazy there haha! I am the original he is the Knock off. I have had that user name for over 30 years but not on this site.
Haha. That’s awesome. Reminds me of office space. “Your name is Micheal Bolton”?

I’ve hunted the muzzy hunt on the oak creek. It was awesome. I don’t know sheet about the other units but I can promise you’d have some 180+ bucks to chase in there if you spent some time in there. Be in shape. It’s steep.

I did not vote, but been checking in on the results just for curiosity. I applied for the NR Paunsagunt archery tag with 27 points. If I draw, will likely be hunting solo. I'm hoping this is a good choice for the points.

I did not vote, but been checking in on the results just for curiosity. I applied for the NR Paunsagunt archery tag with 27 points. If I draw, will likely be hunting solo. I'm hoping this is a good choice for the points.
Dang…with 27 you should draw…... I would personally go San Juan with a bow. Especially if you’re hunting solo.

The hard part about all these units is having to compete with a crap ton of Outfitters, any season...
This is always one of my biggest concerns. My second elk hunt was in Book Cliffs back in 96. After chasing my bull across a couple canyons, I was able to make a close final approach & harvest. When I returned to my vehicle there was an entourage of six guys, the hunter wearing some kind of safari hat. They interrogated me about my bull, two mentioning they were glassing me for my entire stalk from two miles across the canyon. I’m afraid I shot “their” bull. Since then it’s been hit or miss with such folks in other states. Did get interfered with once when we walked up on a bait pile on the AZ Kaibab rifle deer hunt. Guides everywhere on that one. But none during my archery hunts there.

This is always one of my biggest concerns. My second elk hunt was in Book Cliffs back in 96. After chasing my bull across a couple canyons, I was able to make a close final approach & harvest. When I returned to my vehicle there was an entourage of six guys, the hunter wearing some kind of safari hat. They interrogated me about my bull, two mentioning they were glassing me for my entire stalk from two miles across the canyon. I’m afraid I shot “their” bull. Since then it’s been hit or miss with such folks in other states. Did get interfered with once when we walked up on a bait pile on the AZ Kaibab rifle deer hunt. Guides everywhere on that one. But none during my archery hunts there.
I hope when they said you shot their bull that you told them to “kindly F.O.”; Most guides are P.O.S.; Hogg 65 said no disrespect to guides, I say disrespect them until they prove worthy of respect and there aren’t a lot who do.. A majority of them disrespect not only other hunters but their clients as well.

When the clients aren’t around you hear a lot of them being badmouthed by the guide. Many of them talk as if it were themselves who killed the animal and leave the client out of the conversation altogether (I killed this bull, I killed that buck, blah blah blah) In some cases the client did only pull the trigger but not all of them. Either way If you accept to take on a client who is paying your bills you should keep your mouth shut and show them some respect even when they aren’t around. Talking bad about your client only makes you look bad.

These days just about every person in a posse calls themselves a guide. Personally I’d rather eat tag soup than hire a glorified babysitter.
Either do away with them, have a maximum amount of guide licenses just like liquor licenses in Utah or make the license fees prohibitive to your average 19 year old master guides.

Okay let’s hear all the butthurt. I haven’t been here much lately so I miss hearing grown men whine.😂

If you are willing to put in the time all of those units will produce 180" bucks. As will a couple other units.

So are you asking which unit will the be easiest to find a 180" buck?

You will be able to compete with the Outfitters and guides...the question is do you want to and are you willing to?

If you are willing to put in the time all of those units will produce 180" bucks. As will a couple other units.

So are you asking which unit will the be easiest to find a 180" buck?

You will be able to compete with the Outfitters and guides...the question is do you want to and are you willing to?
Don’t have much say in the matter. Lol

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom