California MONSTER!

bowguy

Hey everybody let's not forget California as a option for big deer. Last few years they have been producing some gaggers and with the feed and the health of the herd looks like it should continue to bounce back.

I can't be sure, but I think this is Cali's best buck this year so far. Shot him last Monday in C-zone at about 2,000 foot elevation.

4714ef6f21c2a28a.jpg

4714ef381fc76564.jpg

Don't shoot til your ready!

That is an incredible buck anywhere, but in California that is a true monster!

Hey BOWGUY, nice looking rifle. Just kidding. Actually it looks a lot like my elk rifle. What rifle, caliber, and scope were you using?

Bye the way. Very nice buck.

Mark

Great buck. Was he on grape juice? damn nice buck."The beast is dead long live the beast" Uncle Ted

Nice buck..........and Cali has been producing lately............but did'nt cougar hunting get outlawed????..........wait a few more years and then we'll see how the hunting is.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-18-07 AT 02:16PM (MST)[p]>Nice buck..........and Cali has been producing
>lately............but did'nt cougar hunting get
>outlawed????..........wait a few more years
>and then we'll see how
>the hunting is.

Yeah, in 1990. How many more years should we wait?

Awesome buck, congratulations!

>Hey BOWGUY, nice looking rifle.
>Just kidding. Actually it
>looks a lot like my
>elk rifle. What rifle,
>caliber, and scope were you
>using?
>
>Bye the way. Very nice
>buck.
>
>Mark

Mark,

Remingtom 700
25.06 / Nosler Partition 115gr
Leupold vari xIII 3.5 x 10 50mm

Don't shoot til your ready!

LAST EDITED ON Oct-18-07 AT 03:12PM (MST)[p]>Nice buck..........and Cali has been producing
>lately............but did'nt cougar hunting get
>outlawed????..........wait a few more years
>and then we'll see how
>the hunting is.

The California Mountain Lion is the equivilent of the Rocky Mountain wolf.
Only we don't have sacred Grizzly bears too boot.
HH

Nice buck and I saw these pictures a few days ago somewhere else, can't remember where though right now. Congrats to you on the big, heavy NT.
It just dawned on me, I think it was on the Blacktail forum.

Brian

Congratulations!! That is a beautiful buck.. As far as I am concerned you would be hard pressed to shoot a better one.. and he came out of a C zone? Well done..

Jim

You must be mistaken amigo, that can't be California.

Lion hunting has been banned in that state for 20 years so there can't be any deer left in California. They're all dead, the lions ate them.

Haven't you been paying any attention to this site for the past 3 years? ;-)

Nice deer!!

of course that deer is from california. just look at those sillicone implants on the top of his head. and there are no tan lines to be seen.

not that there is anything wrong with that.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom