California Results Posted Online

Nothing for me this season.

I guess I will have to settle for the Arizona elk hunt in Nov. Do lots of fishing and varmint stuff until then.

Good luck to all others............

"whackin' a surly bartender ain't much of a crime"

LAST EDITED ON Jun-16-11 AT 08:00AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jun-16-11 AT 07:58?AM (MST)

Cannot believe it...

2011 Deer Complete G3 Goodale Buck Draw = Yes

Never thought I would live long enough to draw this tag...

Did not draw any other tags.

Jim

I didn't draw but didn't really expect to. Congrats to all who did!

Joey we hunted all over that country when I was a kid!

Bill

Look out Forkie, FTW is watching us!

another big zero.good luck to everyone else.i still have a nev antelope 041-042 if anyone has any info i would sue like to hear from you. thank you &good luck. ps i still have duck hunting hope everyone has agood year.

Congrats Jim!!!! I'm very glad to see you draw this tag. I hope you'll keep us posted during your hunt. Those G-3 threads during the hunt are some of the very best threads we get here in the Cali Forum.

Joey

Nothing either. The strange part is the deer result for my first choice is blank, no result. My second tag/choice says yes (A Zone). That's odd.

JR

Atta boy Joey, should be a good hunt. For me my draw results are:
Antelope: zippo
Elk: nadda
Sheep: no way
Deer: C tag....how lucky

The only yes for me was 2nd choice deer-AO1. A friend of mine drew one of the cady mtn sheep. He is going with his bow. Stupid me! I told him to apply for that tag. Hopefully he gives me an assist.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-16-11 AT 09:27AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jun-16-11 AT 09:24?AM (MST)

>Congrats Jim!!!! I'm very glad to
>see you draw this tag.
>I hope you'll keep us
>posted during your hunt. Those
>G-3 threads during the hunt
>are some of the very
>best threads we get here
>in the Cali Forum.
>
>Joey

Thank you Joey.. I already received a invite from a Lone Pine resident that offered his services and I think you know who I'm talking about and I am really excited about that as he knows that zone like no other.
The funny thing is I put in for this tag every year and honestly never honestly expected to draw it.
I am looking forward to meeting Don and spending some quality time in his neck of the woods and maybe there is a big buck walking around waiting for my tag to be attached. Big buck or not the oppurtunity to hunt that zone, spend time with Nickman is something to really look forward and if a chance to seal the deal on a big buck happens than so much the better.
Will do my best to keep you posted when the time comes.

Jim

P.S. Congrats on the X3 deer tag. I hunted lopes in that zone about 10 years ago and saw some dandy bucks and a whole bunch of deer in that zone everyday I was out hunting.

just found out my son drew a either sex archery elk tag at hunter legget. he is all pumped up & so am i.so some one does draw.i guess we just have wait for our # to come up.

Well crud.....a coveted B tag here. That's it.

Hey norby, how about you guys?

Oh yeh, my buddy in the Marble/Clippers last year....North East Elk tag this year. He's livin' right!

Good luck all,

>LAST EDITED ON Jun-16-11
>AT 08:00?AM (MST)

>
>LAST EDITED ON Jun-16-11
>AT 07:58?AM (MST)

>
>Cannot believe it...
>
>
>
>2011 Deer Complete G3 Goodale Buck
>Draw = Yes
>
>Never thought I would live long
>enough to draw this tag...
>
>
>Did not draw any other tags.
>
>
>Jim

WTG Jim!!!!! I drew X9A

" I have never been lost, but I will admit to being confused for several weeks"
Daniel Boone

X9A woot woot!!!!!

" I have never been lost, but I will admit to being confused for several weeks"
Daniel Boone

No luck for my son and I though my cousin drew a Period 1 Lassen antelope tag and that is almost as good as drawing it myself 'cause I get to go!

Good luck to all those who drew and to those who haven't yet looked up their results!

Horniac

The whole family gets to stay home for deer season:
YORT40 = A-16
YORT JR. = X9-A
YORT SENIOR = X9-A

No Elk or anything else.

Way Cool Jim! I'm excited for you and sure that you will have tons of fun with Nickman showing you around and helping you with your OIL hunt!

So, what are you going to do for a rifle? Do you got anything that shoots half straight? :)

Joey

LAST EDITED ON Jun-16-11 AT 12:17PM (MST)[p]NOTHING HERE FOR ME......so Nevada and COLO are the two places for Deer this year....sure wanted to get the Lope tag here in Cali.....oh well, maybe next year.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Anybody else seeing nothing in their first choice for deer? Not sure what that means...all the other choices show if I did or did not draw. Not sure about 1st choice deer though.
thanks

Matt
"Opportunity is missed by most people
because its dressed in overalls
and looks like work."
Thomas Edison

>Way Cool Jim! I'm excited for
>you and sure that you
>will have tons of fun
>with Nickman showing you around
>and helping you with your
>OIL hunt!
>
>So, what are you going to
>do for a rifle? Do
>you got anything that shoots
>half straight? :)
>
>Joey

Well Joey I have a old Model 70 .270 that shoots a hell of a lot better than I do that I have killed a few bucks with over the years so that's the rifle I will be using.

I am still pretty excited about the whole thing and really appreciate Nickman's offer regarding the hunt which I know is going to be a lot of fun. It's not often a guy gets a oppurtunity to hunt with someone that knows a area as well as Don knows G3.

Jim

Damn you, Jim! I thought we were a team? I should have put in with you. :) I'm sure you'll have a great hunt. Don't shoot the first 18" 3x2 Don tells you is a shooter. I've heard there are some decent 22-24" 3x3's's up there! LOL.

No deer tag for me and obviously no elk or antelope as I forgot to submit my app for both species. :(

Steve
Derkha derkha Muhammed jihad hakha sherpha sherpha abakhala- Gary of Team America World Police

>>LAST EDITED ON Jun-16-11
>>AT 08:00?AM (MST)

>>
>>LAST EDITED ON Jun-16-11
>>AT 07:58?AM (MST)

>>
>>Cannot believe it...
>>
>>
>>
>>2011 Deer Complete G3 Goodale Buck
>>Draw = Yes
>>
>>Never thought I would live long
>>enough to draw this tag...
>>Jim

>WTG Jim!!!!! I drew X9A

Thank you and congrats on X9A - You should do well.

>Damn you, Jim! I thought we
>were a team? I should
>have put in with you.
>:) I'm sure you'll have
>a great hunt. Don't shoot
>the first 18" 3x2 Don
>tells you is a shooter.
>I've heard there are some
>decent 22-24" 3x3's's up there!
>LOL.

Damn Steve.. Thought we both had this one in the bag.. You sure you didn't forget to send in your deer tag also????

Actually Don told me via email that he has spotted a trophy class 2x2 that's right around 20" with eye guards, not real tall but a damn nice buck so I asked him to keep track of that one for me. You really think there are some 22-24" 3x3's up there? I knew there were some big bucks but not that big..

I'd listen to whatever Don says, Jim. He spends at least 3 days a season out there....or at least talks to locals that spend 3 days a season out there. :)

Steve
Derkha derkha Muhammed jihad hakha sherpha sherpha abakhala- Gary of Team America World Police

SWEET!!!!! I got a D9 tag!!! G3, tule elk, sheep, and goat is still a just a dream. Congratulations to everybody who drew!! Good luck!

I drew a Fort Hunter Liggett Muzzleloader Bull tag!
Any of you boys know much about the Elk in the area? I've hunted pigs on the base but that was a long time ago.

Rick

LAST EDITED ON Jun-16-11 AT 02:15PM (MST)[p]I realize it is early in the day, but I have NEVER had so many friends that have failed to draw something.

Obviously SOMEONE pulled all the tags, but so far, people I know have failed.

Except Jim and his G3 tag, so I will at least have a giggle or 2 out of that hunt this year.......Right after my Arizona Bull hunt in November.

**************EDIT**************

My azz wiper attorney sister, just called to gloat that one of her nature fakin', tree fag friends, with "Friends for Animals", or one of those outfits, drew a G3 tag. One so far....

They had 17 last year out of all the draws and hope they double up this year.....Lord I hate them people!

"whackin' a surly bartender ain't much of a crime"

Nada for me and my son in cali, we just have my son's cow elk in arizona this year. LOOK OUT QUAIL AND CHUKAR HER I COME!

no X-9 for me didnt really expect it though,,,, C for me on my second choice,,, wife struck out all the way around no X-9 with 2 points and no C on the second choice ,,,,,,,,,

X-1 3rd year in a row and next year I will draw also using my sons points he now has 2 and oldest is maxed out!
gotta play to games the way the hunting Gods planned it!
GOOD LUCK...
GOATROPER

If I could sell my max deer points I would. I'm tired of putting in for the cream of the crop premium hunts when I could draw a decent tag every 2-3 years in X-12. On the other hand I will never have max points again.

Model_70_Guy, big time congrats! I hope it all falls into place for you. That should be a riot with nickman!

Congrats to everyone else who drew.

Eel

CONGRATS TO ALL THAT DREW! NOTHING FOR ME, BUT I BET THAT DANG D13ER DREW SOMETHING GOOD

I drew Lassen Period 1 Antelope with max points! 1st tag I've drawn in CA in 15 years.

Got 3rd. choice..A1 bow tags for me and the better half,..more points for the big 3.Congrats to you boys who drew good tags!
Mike

34 million people in the state. How many hunting tags sold? 50 hunters post results. I have only max points left on sheep. Next year is my last. Leaving the state to enjoy my last 20 years hunting what I want, when I want. ( Wisconsin- population 5 million, deer tags sold- 700,000. I love the passion shown from those who are here for good. 286 big game taken, 61 with a bow. Here is a video of my teenage son and nephew whitetail hunting. The 16 year old harvested 17 with a bow before he got bored last year. Keep the good fight up Cali. I will head to more friendlier ground. Cheers and enjoy teenagers having fun.

Awesome! Don't pay for a lottery ticket the next 5 years. Congrats! enjoy a hunt of a lifetime.

>Model_70_Guy, big time congrats! I hope
>it all falls into place
>for you. That should be
>a riot with nickman!
>
>Congrats to everyone else who drew.

Thank you Steve, If nothing else this hunt should be a heck of a good time and a nice buck would be the icing on the cake.

Nugefan, Again? No luck again? Maybe you used up all your luck when you drew Ca Sheep a couple years ago! lol Sorry bud, couldn't help it! :)

Joey

I know the odds of drawing without max points is pretty slim... but for some reason I always get my hopes up just before the results are posted. Once again California leaves me disappointed. I wish we had the animals and opportunities that other states have. And why is a C zone tag a premium tag now? Can't get it on a second choice? This kills me. I guess I'm going to learn B Zone really well this year. Good luck to everyone else and congrats on the draws.

Nada for me and my 2 boys. But both my sons drew Nevada this year for muzzleloader and a rifle hunt. Also heading to Wy for deer. Plenty of trips to look forward too.

0-3 with me and my two Sons........... We are all back up to 5 points and nada.... Put in for X7B

-John Wayne

300shortmag, I'm with you! The C zone being a "premium" tag is plain crazy but it had something to do with selling out quickly so they put it in the draw.

I always put in for C zone as my second choice because i live within it and have always drawn the tag when i didn't get my harder to draw first choice. This included last year too. Also of the guys that i talked to who also put in C as second choice this year, 2 drew and 1 did not. So yes, you can sometimes draw C with your second choice but it's no guarantee.

Joey

My son and I didn't draw squat either! Still max points for all speices. Also didn't draw a 100% draw odds for Utah antelope. What gives?

I "Drew" my third choice A31! Whopee! Really, I was hoping not to draw anything super after breaking my bank in the NM draw....LOL

Just another year for me. Hunted Goodale three years with a buddy had a great time. He shot a three pointer, but he had a wooden leg couldn't travel very far. But we hunted to the last day, & shoot his deer. Well another buddy drew this year can't wait, to get back up there. Good luck to anyone that has drawn a tag.

You're one of the lucky ones. I put in with 7 points and did not draw, however you might have drawn on the random. I thought 7 points would be enough this year. Oh well, looking forward to New Mexico and Colorado. Good luck on the hunt.

7 must have been the break; it would be interesting to know how many of us put in with 7 vs. how many drew!

Good luck on your hunt! Let us know how you do-

I did Draw an Oregon Bull Tag!!

Drew X-2 with 5 points Yeehaa... Didnt expect to draw it for awhile. Montana deer as well and might get a B tag to hunt blackies with a bow if I have time, Points for elk and goat.

>Drew the Doyle muzzleloader M3 hunt
>with max points. Anybody
>else out ther get this
>tag, if so contact me.
>

Good luck on your hunt this year. I've been trying to draw this tag the last few years.

Congradulations on your draw Model 70. Your gonna find out real fast who your friends are...either they are going to be happy for you or hate your guts! You might want to head into the park and put out tubs of popcorn and nutter-butters. I have heard that they stimulate horn growth. The odds for drawing that hunt are getting slimmer every year. I know of non-hunters who put in for that draw in hopes of "saving" a deer.
On a more serious note, you are right. That hunt is simply amazing. Hunting the east side in December is an experience that few hunters have and picking through hundreds of bucks to find that special one can be exhausting. Those memories will be with you for the rest of your life. Enjoy the anticipation and best of luck to you in Dec.

Dingo-Class of '84

I also drew bass hill with 7 points. Any willing to pm me with info would be greatly appreciated. I live in redding and will be going over to do some scouting.

Drew M3 Doyle hunt with max points. No other way to get it unless your one of two people in the random draw. Bought my Omega about six years ago just hoping to draw this hunt.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom