Calling all Javelinas

N

nmbullfighter

had the day off so thought i would go out and do some javelina hunting..met up with aaron aka unclebuck32 and checked out a spot where he had been seeing them and found tracks everywhere..decided to try calling for them. heard stories about it and figured i would try. I set up in a creek bottom and started calling.. not even a minute into the call i heard all hell breaking loose. i could hear branches breaking and hooves on rocks and before i knew it a herd of 5 or so javelinas were at a full charge right at me.. fast little bastards..i drew back my bow and kept calling..i spit out the call and picked the lead javelina.. Good spine shot and it dropped at 10 yards in front of me.. The others keep coming so i drew out the .40 cal but they stopped and looked at me till i yelled and they ran off.. i think im sold and hooked on the calling of javelinas..maybe next year i'll bust out the recurve and see how close i can get em..

http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/User_files/498cf68a14c445f1.jpg

well i guess i could let you in on my little secret. haha just kidding..Its just a stick shoved in its mouth.

Man I was super happy that you got one out there! can't beleive you called them in. Maybe here in a few months we will go call some dogs! Congrats on the hog once again!

Aaron.

Great pig and picture. I have heard about calling them, but, that sounds like it worked like a charm.

Why is he yawning?

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom