Came across these

Solid18

7972920190426092919.jpg

9571320190426092929.jpg

So I am always finding tracks like these. Are they cougar or just a dog. I'm not on any trails pretty far off actually so can anyone help.

They look like lion but hard to tell from those pictures. Lions will have a distinct 3 lobe on the rear pad and lions don't show claw marks when they walk. If there are claws marks in the tracks in front of the toes its not a lion.

Yes hard to tell from the pics, but lion/cat are wider than they are long. Dog are longer than they are wide.

Cat are not symmetrical (i.e. instead of the middle 2 toes being mirror images, one is shorter than the other (imagine your hand minus the thumb - your middle finger is longer than your ring finger).

Cats don't show claw marks when they walk.

Based on the photo I'd lean toward lion but again, difficult to tell from the photo.

Am I the only one who sees the front hoof track of an elk with the rear hoof track on top and just behind it?

DayMan

I see a hoof track with the hind leg hoof track behind it ! Can?t quite tell in the photo.. but I'm gonna say elk.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-11-19 AT 04:31PM (MST)[p]All I see are elk tracks for sure! This is what a cougar print looks like...
3615820161009072947.jpg

Yeti or chupacabra
Hard to tell did you taste it? To see how fresh it was

Not really I'm not trolling here looks like elk. Going the other way but depends on which way you look at it

Hunt Hard
Live Free
RIP

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom