Camelbak Care

S

Slide

I have a Camelbak and was wondering how the rest of you clean it before using it? I take a cap fullof bleach and wash it out with hot water. Any body else got a beteer idea? Just curious.

Thank You

LAST EDITED ON Feb-26-06 AT 08:07PM (MST)[p]I also dilute some bleach with waterand slosh it around and run the bleach through the bite valve.I then leave the lid open until it is fully dry before putting it away.

They sell cleaning kits for these,I have seen them in Cabela's,but I havn't had a problem with the bleach cleaning method.

On a sidenote I once left my camelback with some cytomax in it for about a week,took me forever to get it clean.The kit would have come in handy then.

beavis.gif

Yeah clorox is great. jason, I left some Cyto in one of my waterbottles last summer, it still has some black mold like spots in it. I'm sure glad it wasn't in my camelback.

Bean

I purchased the cleaning kit and use a little baking soda and water mix when I do a thourough cleaning. Personally don't care to taste the bleach residue. Usually just empty and rinse with warm water when it's only been a day or two.

A friend of mine told me a great idea to keep mildew and mold out of your camelback reservoir. When you get home, emptey the thing out, and then store it in the freezer. That way its ready to go and no mildew next time you need it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom