camera.....but no gun

L

littlefoot

took a hike through our property this am. lookin' to see if the cows had moved in yet. well, they have, and i didn't take my gun. my season (cow) is open till the end of february, so i guess i'll start packin' it with me. there were some good bulls that came with them. they'll probably hang around for a month or so, if things go as usual, so hopefully will have some more pics later. this year i ain't shootin' the biggest cow on the place. did that last year, and it was all but in-edible....
here ya go..

P1030702.jpg

P1030704.jpg

P1030712.jpg

there were 87 cows and 5 bulls in this bunch, but they were in single file and so spread out, that i could only get so many in the pic...
P1030722.jpg

caught these fellas sneakin' into the timber..
P1030727.jpg

P1030733.jpg

walked up on this guy taking a rest...note the 'kicker' on his right side..
P1030745.jpg

he finally stood up...
P1030747.jpg

That bull would make a beautiful mount with that long hair! Great pics.

Chef
"I Love Animals...They're Delicious!"

hb...washington..season opened 1 august, closes 28 february

egrass...yes, i shed. just gotta keep these buggers around for awhile longer.

great pics as usual. looks like you got yourself a nice chunk of property there.

Krusty.jpg

Nice pictures. Glad to see that some good bulls made it through the season. If thats around the clockum I hope the WDFW counts the animals!

LAST EDITED ON Jan-26-05 AT 05:43PM (MST)[p]Man littlefoot, I love the property, Now I see why you can wait to shoot your cow towards the end of the season.
If i get the opportunity to shoot a cow I was gonna shoot a big one but ill think ill take your advice and shoot a younger one. Better eatin.

littlefoot, I already got my elk this year but my uncle's still looking for his AHE cow. If you're having fence problems or any of your neighbors are interested, I know of some tag holders who would happly do some damage control work. After all, that's why the areas open right now. send me a pm if you want. I go to school in Ellensburg.

WaWantmonster, I think theres a bunch of us looking for AHE cows, no snow this year to drive em into the orchards. Ive been out looking but unsuccesful so far. Im in Selah.

beautiful place you got there . I have only taken one bull , a small 4x3 . He was pretty goog eating . The cows that my camp has taken , maybe 12 or so , the young ones always taste best .
If I ever take a nice wall hanger , he will be made into burger , with no beef fat . Elk burger with beef fat tastes kinda rancid . Had the butcher do it once , never again !

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom