Camping in Unit 92

greysriver

hey all, anyone familiar with 92 in Wyoming? If so is there places to camp? We could hotel it if we have to, but would rather camp if there are some decent places?

Thanks in advance.

In my opinion, where you camp depends on where you want to hunt on that very big unit. We hunted the north end of the unit many years ago and camped up by South Pass because we wanted to be in the trees. Then one year we hunted a late season and just camped next to the highway in a little gravel pit. It was so cold at night that it froze the cherry pie we had inside our tent. We ended up hanging out in a service station bathroom in Farson to keep warm.
The point being you can pretty much find a place to pitch a tent anywhere. It is just a matter of how much comfort you need.
I would recommend going a few days early to scout. Once you find some good antelope, you can then scout for a camping spot in the middle of the day.
Good luck. It is always a fun hunt, regardless of where you hang your hat!

How in the neck did you pull this off:

"We ended up hanging out in a service station bathroom in Farson to keep warm."

Sleep while standing up as who in their right mind would lay on the floor in one of those dirty bathrooms in a service station.
There goes the "scent blocker" .

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

By the way how good were your antelope that you took from 92? is it a possible trophy unit? And one last question, are four wheelers a must, or can we get around in a truck pretty well?

Thanks

>By the way how good were
>your antelope that you took
>from 92? is it
>a possible trophy unit? And
>one last question, are four
>wheelers a must, or can
>we get around in a
>truck pretty well?
>
>Thanks

PM'd you....

Brian,
I am talking the cherry pie was so frozen you could pound nails with it!
We just found a spot on the floor of that toity that wasn't yellow and sat down there for an hour or two. They had a nice heater going on in there and nobody stops in Farson for anything! Besides, it was a very big bathroom!
You also have to understand that we were hunting a special late hunt. Half the bucks had already lost a horn or two. It was more of an outing than an a hunt, but we had fun despite freezing our pies! The regular hunt we went on was hot and dry.

I have personally never used an ATV on an antelope hunt, because the roads are usually good enough for a truck. We killed a couple of very nice bucks on that unit and saw one monster, but that was many moons ago!
Good luck.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom