Camping near Independence Rock

DidIDraw

Hi everyone:

I'm finally going to get away to hunt antelope in unit 63 just as the first winter storm rolls through. I had planned on taking my camp trailer somewhere near Granite Mountain. Can anyone tell me what the dirt roads are like after a rain? Are they sandy/rocky enough that I can still get an 18' trailer in and out? If the roads are not passable with a trailer can anyone recommend a good camping spot?

Thanks - hope you're all having a great start to the hunting season.

Head over to Devils gate and leave the beer in the cooler. Tell'um yer morman and they'll probably let you camp there for free...

I think you could get it in over at Weiss <sp?> at Pathfinder and I have not seen it but there is a camp place listed at Jeffery City. Nothing around Alcova is open past Labor Day in my experience except that little gas and sandwich place beside 220 and the road to the lake there. Don't try the burrito's !!!! Honest !!!!!

I just got back to Ohio from getting snowed out of the higher country south of 63. It's cleared up now from what I have heard.

Pat C.

DidIDraw,

Hope your seeing a few good ones. Best of luck on those speed machines. Therr's not much better than chasing those rascals on the big sky prairie.

I figure I at least owe you a lunch or a pint next time I'm down your way so have a safe and successful trip so I can get even.

Head'en for the pj today.

DC

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom