Camping within 1/4 mile of water source?

AZMZHunter

Last weekend I was hunting opening day of the 16A HAM Javelina hunt on the BAR S ranch. While sitting in a blind on a stock tank several ATV's and motorhomes pulled up and began to set up camp. I approached them and explained that I was in the process of hunting and that they were breaking the law by setting up camp within 200 yards of the pond. They refused to move and said they had the land owners permission to camp there.
I called AZ Game and Fish and was told that there was no violation since they were there with permission. Since when can a land owner give permission to break the law? If the land owner gave them permission to shoot a deer out of season would that have been ok, also?
Does anybody have a clear understanding on what the law says about this?

"It is unlawful for a person to camp within one-fourth mile of a natural water hole containing water or a man-made watering facility containing water in such a place that wildlife or domestic stock will be denied access to the only reasonably available water."

This is how the law is written. They very well may have not been breaking any law. Was there another water source close by? If there was, the law does not apply. Also, it doesn't say anywhere that a landowner has to provide water to anything, therefore, if there is water, they can make a decision on who can do what. It is a completely different thing than a landowner allowing someone to shoot something on there land withou a license. The two don't even compare.

It's Bush's fault!!!

People always do this crap. I stinkin hate it! In 3A/3C last year one of my areas got screwed over thanks to some 2 week campers. They decided to camp and leave all their crap 15 yards from the water. Have some respect for wildlife people.We also need more enforcement.

Its dumb they messed up your hunt. Did you get a ham?

A 16 year old thread. Lmao.

Wish MM would set up in their website settings to lock an inactive thread after so much time to prevent this silliness.

A 16 year old thread. Lmao.

Wish MM would set up in their website settings to lock an inactive thread after so much time to prevent this silliness.
Why read it and comment on it if it bothers you so much? lmmfao

Why read it and comment on it if it bothers you so much? lmmfao
I open all new replies to read them. You can't see the original date from the front page, only that a thread has been recently replied to.

Only then is the date noticed and I saw a 16 year old thread, so I replied. Hope that's OK with you.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom