Can anyone on the ibex hunt...

BluffGruff

tell me where you're seeing javelina? I keep striking out on these things, but this is the year, I can feel it. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
I once saw a lone javelina very high in the Floridas plowing his way through nearly a foot of snow. I swear he was saying "What the heck was I thinking coming this far up, stupid, stupid, STUPID!"

Tons of on-line resources say "cruise the arroyos below the Florida Mountains." We all know the OP is just looking for more details.

I too have a hard time finding these guys live. I've found road kill and got them on the game cams (like during the 1/2 hour we were in the house and they were in the garden), but still not seeing them on the hoof.

I have seen them in and around the Tres Hermanas. They are the little mountains just to the south west of the floridas on the west side of the Columbus road

>I once saw a lone javelina
>very high in the Floridas
>plowing his way through nearly
>a foot of snow.
>I swear he was saying
>"What the heck was I
>thinking coming this far up,
>stupid, stupid, STUPID!"

I saw some way up the mountain on the October hunt this year.

No way I'm interested in climbing that mountain for a Javelina though. And I have to imagine that javelinas that high up are the exception not the norm.

Ok, I stand corrected. Benefit of the doubt goes down the swirly. The knuckle-headed OP doesn't just want "more details." I'm not telling where my garden is either.

I have given out pins to people in private for sheep, ibex, deer, and elk. If I'm not going to hunt there again, who cares?

>I have given out pins to
>people in private for sheep,
>ibex, deer, and elk. If
>I'm not going to hunt
>there again, who cares?

Maybe they plan on hunting javelina there again...

Good luck to you. I would hunt other areas/units for javelina besides around the Floridas. I've seen a few in the vicinity but not many.

Carl

I've seen javelina everywhere in the Floridas. They are in all the draws that have water. They are a little harder to glass in the Floridas than the areas where I hunt them because they seem to hang out in thicker, brushier areas. Look for tracks and concentrate on those areas. When you do find them in the thick stuff they are harder to get than they are in the more open areas in other places. Good luck.

I hope you were able to find some , they are pretty much every where down there. People don't much share but Javalina are nothing like deer or elk meaning they are not up and out during the dark and or cold times. They wait till the sun rises and starts to warm and then they get out to start to feed, and wind can shut them down if its pretty cold wind...Again hope ya found some , best of luck..

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom