Canon plaza/vallecitos area

G

greenhornhunter

Anybody willing to share some info on this part of unit 51? i have an elk tag and am probably going to hunt in and around this part of the unit.

Kiowa mnt and south and east of there. Canan Plaza stay away from there!!!! I dont trust that place weird goins on there!! Poaching capitaol!!

Hey there,
It depends on what you want. If you want to see lots of elk I still say conjilon lakes is your best bet, but if you want info on the Valleitos/Canon de Vallecitos area pm me

I killed my first bull there back in 93. It is beautiful country. A key is to get in the thick stuff where there is good sign and sit silently. Fence crossings are especially good and that is where I killed my bull.

However, I agree with the post above, the most elk you will see in the unit is around the Canjilon lakes area.

Good luck!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom