"Cardiac Cards"

Jabali

What a rollercoaster!!!!
They gave the Steelers all they could handle.
We love the Cardinals in Arizona.

Hey Jab, i'm really starting to like you a lot!! :)

Whata performance by my boys from AZ, i really thought we had it, but that 2 minutes left on the clock killed us!!

Even though i like Pitt's coach and most the players, them boys played some mighty dirty ball tonight to pull off the "Steel"...pun totally intended!!

Along with being a die hard Denver fan, i have new found respect for an new team that i have always hoped would make it someday..... GO AZ!!

48288e6577d023b6.jpg

would have been nice if the flags would have been thrown for the Steelers like they were for the Cards.. Hate it when the officals see penalties for one team and don't throw the flags for the same offenses on the other team.. I think the Cards played a hell of a game and still almost won in spite of the poor officiating. Far as I am concerned AZ was the better team dispite the score.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-01-09 AT 11:42PM (MST)[p]Those 2 goal line stands were amazeing, and Larry Fitzgerald is phenominal, best wide recever in the leage.

The Cards Defense shot themselves in the foot WAY to many stupid penalties.

It is funny though, the stealers won there last superbowl by the refs, although I dont think this one was as bad as there win over Seatle.

But I do think the cards played a better game other than the unexseptable stupid penalties.

EDIT: Almost for got about that CRAZY ASS interception at the end of the first half was awsome even though it was the stealers guy.

If just one little thing would have went diferent, they would have one that game. I guess it was just ment to be.:)

Jake H. MM Member since 1999.
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

It was pretty crazy here in PHX at the 2 parties I went to.

Being the defensive minded athelete I am, it was tough to see Holmes do whatever he wanted, regardless of coverage. Triple coverage in the corner of the endzone and he still gets the ball?!?!?!?!?!? WTF!!!! He should have escaped with nothing less than a sore a$$!!!!

And also, not saying the officials screwed us; but officials should be a non-issue. When you look back at a game, and find that the officials had a legitemate influence on the game, it sucks!!!

Oh well, Cards had a good run. They did make that 4th quarter exciting, I'll give em that!!!

Whats up with #92 form Pit? sucker punching the down (Card)lineman and then holds him down for a couple of sec. The (Card)lineman tries getting up and the #92(pit) just bull rushed him dowm again! WOW amazing what the NFL is turning into. BUT I LOVE THE GAME (When my team is playing)!!!

NewMexicoRob,

That was a safety, Aaron Francisco. That thug was beating down a safety! I think he should of been thrown out of the game for that crap. He is one heck of a defensive player but he definitely went a little roid rage on that play!

How about the Arizona safety running over the FG holder? That was crap too. No need to hit a guy who can not defend himself.

As for the ref's throwing the game?? I must not have watched the same game as you guy's. What plays are you guy's referring too? I thought it was a great game aside from a few knuckleheads acting like thugs!

Hopefully Arizona can hold that team together one more year and make another run! They are definitely a team to be reconed? with!

The guy running over the holder was not enough to call. 3 guys were running towards the holder and kicker, and the guy kind of stumbled over him. I was watching the game with 3 college coaches, and they said that was marginal at best.

I don't think the refs threw the game; the Cards' lack of defense did that...!!! I do think the refs did make a few marginal calls at pivotal times against the Cardinals, though.

But then again, some of the calls they made and replays I saw really showed how inexperienced and hot-headed some of the players were. Alot of holding, unsportsmanslike, and personal fouls...That'll kill ya in the end.

+1 SS

I thought it was a great game. I wish there would've been 2 minutes left after the Holmes TD recept. I think the Cards would have put it in the endzone. Last years game was great as well and if they keep playing the Superbowls like this, I'm going to have to keep watching (as long as they don't get a lame halftime show again for next year)!

That was an entertaining game. Officiating was a non-issue. Some questionable calls on both sides but that happens in every game and it didn't affect the outcome of this one. Cards made a good run but couldn't make a defensive stand at the end. The Cards defense faded and the Steelers made the plays to seal the deal.
-Raptor

Forget the officating; it was not the main issue.

The turning point -- probably a 14 point swing in the score and momemtum --was the interception at the end of the half. The strangest part is that not one of 11 Cards had the ability to run down a lineman and knock him out of bounds during that 100-yd. return with basically no time left on the clock.

If the Cards had scored from the 1-yd. line rather than throwing the ball to the other team, it would have been a mucho different game from that point on, IMO.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

I second outdoorwriter. The momentum & game changed with that one interception @ the end of the half. Yes questionable calls on both teams, but I don't think officiating was the reason the cards lost. Dumb mistakes & turnovers lost it for them.

In any close game the losers can blame the zebras for their lack of points to win- but for some reason the winners won it all on their own. Lots of flags went both ways in this one, most were well deserved. I'm betting that the mvp was decided in Holmes' favor cause of Harrison's thug mugging call. Lot's of emotional unsportmanlike conduct on both sides as you would expect for such a hard fought battle. But GO STEELERS!!! Too bad a -hole rooney thanked Obama, What the hell did he do???

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom