Cass' hunting video

M

MrBaitnFish

Anyone heard how the video is going. Cass has been pretty quiet lately. Maybe he should start taking pre-orders. Sign me up for one Cass.

Hell, I'd buy a copy. I think the expensive would be worth it for all the laughs it would produce. Can see it now, video clip of Cass' dad shooting a little 3 point, then video of Cass holding the 3 point saying that this was a second ideer that they didn't catch the kill shot on video. Then a video segment of Cass' Evil Little Brother holding the 3 point saying it was yet another indentical buck. Sounds like a Keeper to Me.:):) Not to mention the footage of Cass' friends and Family getting mad at some guy riding a quad down a road because he foiled their stalk attempt on a Spike Elk.
069729.gif

I believe Cass is on his Nevada archery hunt now..........should be seeing some big bull pictures any time soon.

JB

I'm w/ D13er on this. I'm saving reserves for Cass. I think he'll produce some good pics (even if they aren't of post-killed game).

Michael~All Gods creatures welcome... right next to the mashed potatoes and gravy.

Cass' video will be kept behind the door that says "you must 21 to enter."

I always wanted to know what was behind that door anyway.

I believe today the 19th is the end of the season for Cass, anybody seen or heard anything? I'm getting worried.

JB

He's photoshopping his spike elk he shot yesterday into a 380" b&C herd bull.

Hey guys,
I just got back tonight, Got not the best video because most of the video my dad was doing the calling and videoing at the same time without a tripod, Then the past 5 days of the hunt had our buddy Guy come in from vegas to do some calling for us. To be honest the whether was just horrible, we were beginning to think that due to the massive heat that was going on that the cows weren't going to all go into estrigen(sp) and we would not have a very good chance at a bull. The first week of my hunt was spent checking my areas to see if my summer scouting bulls were still in the area. From the 7th to the 19 (today) was spent hard hunting these bulls, making sure they didn't get too educated and called quite a few nice bulls in. This morning was the best weather we had had the entire hunt. Last night the north front blew in and we set out 2 Montana Decoys with some cow in heat scent around the bushs near them. This morning we awoke at 3:30 and headed down into a lower canyon above horse and cattle camp. There were bulls just screaming with the snow / rain that was blowing through. At about sunup, well it wasn't really sunup the cloud cover made it hard to see, a nice 6x6 came in with about 8 cows. Guy was setup just to the east of me and me / my dad were set up with the camera in a pocket that overlooked the decoys at 34 yards and 5 shooting lanes. The 6x6 came right into Guy and just nudged around the cedars without providing me with a shot. Then about 20 minutes later a bugle was coming closer and closer as you will hear in the video and I don't know if he got the entire bull tearing the tree but this 6x6 was pushing 16 cows and 2 calfs up a ridge and right to our decoys. Cows came over the ridge and went west up the canyon about 30 yards from this bull. I guessed his score to be about 370-375. Just a really pretty 6x6. Long everything. He walked in and I was getting ready to draw back, put my range finder on him. 104 yards. Sadly enough I have a 90 yard pin for coyotes and such but didn't even attempt the shot at this bull. Let him walk off. After that we walked up onto a flat and got into 2 bulls. 1 was about a 330 6x6 and the other was just a blistering 7x7, just blew my mind. The 6x6 was working his way up the canyon faster than the 7x7 so I decided to set up just for him. I set up with a cedar next to me on my left, 2 sages with a 2ft opening and another cedar with about a 4 ft gap and then another cedar. Bull came right up the way we thought he would, guy crawled on his hands and knees around the medow cow callings trying to bring the bull out into the medow for a clear shot. Insted the bull came about and into that sagebrush opening I had that was about 2 ft wide. I came to full draw and waited for him to come around the cedar to my left, Wind changed and that bull was gone. Guy / me / my dad went and looked at the tracks, 10 ft! the bull was 10ft from me on the other side of the cedar. Sadly I wouldn't say I blew my hunt, Learned a great deal about how to work elk, call a lot better and got some video of some decent - moderate bulls. And quite a bit of video before sunrise of bulls just screaming. I'll get it up once I edit some of the obscene material that came out of my mouth after some of these mornings. Elk - 1 Cass - 0

-Cass

Sounds like a great time Cass, glad you had fun. Thanks for the story and better luck next time.

Drum

Cass

I HOPE YOU WEREN'T LETTING THEM BULLS HEAR YOUR PROFANITY???

THEY DO NOT LIKE THAT KIND OF CRAP!!!

ALL I CAN FIGURE IS SOME OF THEM DID HEAR YOU,IF THE CAMERA WAS RUNNING I'D THINK IT WAS BECAUSE YOUR DAD WAS TRYING TO FILM THE ELK,CURSING AT A TIME LIKE THIS WILL SMARTEN THE DUMBEST OF BULLS UP!!!

PLEASE SEND ME SOME VIDEO,I'D LIKE TO SEE IT AND NEVER MIND THE EDIT JOB,I GUARANTEE I CAN HANDLE THE VIDEO,I'VE SEEN OTHER VIDEO'S THAT WERE MADE BY PEOPLE IN VEGAS,IT DON'T NEED TO BE CENSORED FOR ME TO WATCH IT!!!

THE ONLY bobcat WANTING TO SEE THE VIDEO!!!

Thanks for the story. Better luck next time.

Michael~All Gods creatures welcome... right next to the mashed potatoes and gravy.

Its just a shame that all that editing is probably going to screw something up and we won't get to see anything.

wink wink i won't tell anyone that you are full of it cass

"90yard pin for coyotes and such" and you couldn't stretch-out another 14 yards on an animal the size of an elk? A very "sporting" decision, indeed!! Sounds like you had a great time and enjoyed yourself, that's what really matters!! ;-)

Well I will tell ya what Cass, had that been my elk tag and I had a 90 yard pin I would have been lobbing arrows at the bull. Don't let anyone kid ya, they would too. Hell, I know a guy that spent a few days down on the Pahvant looking for 3 hit big bulls a guy hit with his bow. It doesn't kill 'em if ya wound 'em and don't find 'em. Ethics Smethics! Unbelievable the amount of "hit" elk I have heard about.

Shoot Cass Shoot!!!! You can't get 'em if ya don't hit 'em!

You know you guys might be right, but im old enough I will be able to draw this tag again. I'll be able to start putting in in another 5 years and hopefully draw it before im 50.
Your right, I have a 90 yard pin for coyotes but if I hit a coyote and it's hit bad I don't care, no one really does. I did however make a neat shot on a rabbit i think monday or tuesday. It was about 12:30 and me / my dad were headed back to camp and he stopped in the road and said a rabbit had ran across the road. I couldn't see it and I didn't have a target tip so i pulled up the binos and still couldn't see it. Grabbed a broadhead and said screw it, shot where he told me and the bunny jumped straight up in the air and started floppin around. Broadhead went straight through his skull, was a neat shot.
But the fact is, is that 90 yards is long even for an elk and the bull had 15 cows. I didn't wanna chance hitting a cow or making a bad shot on a bull that caliber. I couldn't live with my self if I stuck a big bull and wasn't able to find him. It would just literally make me want to quit bowhunting.
People have got on my butt because I didn't shoot but the fact is I know I did the right thing and that's all that matters.

-Cass

Good call, it was your hunt and you made it what it was, should of come north up the cave valley rd and there was about 23 bulls crossing the road every day 360 class on down to spikers, damn things keep me up all nite howling for those ladies, went to CO hunting and when I got back I think they got the heard bull, haven't seen him, but now the rest of them are on the moutain hiding in the thick stuff, used to bowhunt and the bowhunters get a bad rap no matter what, pizz on em, just as many are lost with the rifle as the bow if not more, look at it this way if you made the 90yd shot and killed you would of caught hell anyway, you made the right call and sounds like to me you are prepared to live with it, experience talkin here I got 2 more yrs to reapply cause I didn't kill either and I live up here. WHITE PINE,LINCOLN COUNTY BULLS ARE THE BEST!!!!!

Yea that bull got takin 3 1/2 ft from his bed. Nice bull. I believe it's sitting down in Mt Wheeler electric if you wanna take a look and see if it's the same bull. I stopped in there to drop my uncle kevin off some presents and he showed me it.
From what I heard all the hunters were over in 11 so I stayed in my own little canyons. My honeyholes blew me away, I had seem big bucks but never in my life would I had thought bulls were this thick!
I have 5 more, I think im gonna put in for a cow tag over the next 5 years cuz I LOVE elk meat MMMMMMMMMMMMMM :)
If anyone wants to apply with me next year for deer or elk, were gonna have a pretty nice size group putting in, so far it's 4 but im looking for more. Always better to have more people in camp, just a funner hunt.
Oh GJM, what really made me mad was 2 things. The weather, and the fact that my relative brale was up there hearding cattle with 10 horses! so if I got a bull way back in I coulda called him to come and get it out!

-Cass

Cool story CASS. The best from you yet. I think that it has a lot to do with you not telling everyone that you killed a monster, and just wait to see the pics!!

Again, good story, sounds like you had a great time.

>Hey guys,
>I just got back tonight, Got
>not the best video because
>most of the video my
>dad was doing the calling
>and videoing at the same
>time without a tripod, Then
>the past 5 days of
>the hunt had our buddy
>Guy come in from vegas
>to do some calling for
>us. -
>1 Cass - 0
>
>
>-Cass

Holy crap!! Cass did you say Buddy Guy did some calling for you?? Did he do it on his Fender or Les paul guitar?

LAST EDITED ON Sep-21-04 AT 09:59PM (MST)[p]Our buddy Guy
He's a guide outa colorado from the crooked wash Ranch.

-Cass

wow,you guys are still ribbing on cass,showing your age eh.........Cass,sounds like you had a great time.That's all that matters.good luck man.

Hey cass, I just want to applaud your judgement by NOT taking a 90 yard shot with a bow. Wounding an animal is not what hunting is about. If it happens with a resposible shot so be it but when idiots are taking shots because they can't control themselves those are the idiots that hurt our sport. Again cass, Good story. Great judgement.

Reserve me a copy,
I've been putting off building a video library, however this could change everything, Cass maybe if you sign my copy I'll turn you on to some honey holes :)
& don't worry about blurry images, just do a voice over explaining its a drug induced vision quest filter.
Make sure you send mine next day mail !!!

Cass

WHERE IS MY COPY OF THE MOVIE???

I'VE WAITED PATIENTLY,CHECKING MY MAILBOX TWICE A DAY BUT NO,HELL NO,NO VIDEO!!!

FORGET THE EDIT JOB,I TOLD YOU I'VE WATCHED MOVIES FROM VEGAS BEFORE,JUST SEND IT PLEASE!!!

I DON'T NEED A 'KILL' SHOT,JUST WANT TO SEE THE MOVIE!!!

THE ONLY bobcat WAITING FOR THE BULL MOVIE!!!

Hey Bobcat Bess, Cass's video is about bull...........bull #####. You should know that by know.

Dads got the camera in colorado right now videoing his guided colorado elk hunt, He gets back on tuesday.

-Cass

You do know that you record on a tape right...............
Oh ##### you forgot the tape......Doh

Yea but I figured i'd just let him keep goin.
Plus talked to him tonight, 2 of the 4 guys tagged out tonight
1 Dustin took a 7x7 375-380 and Mike took a 390 bull rough scored. I want to see the pics when he gets home tommorrow so bad!
Hope he gets one tommorrow morning!

-Cass

Just wondering out loud here but what elk season is open in Colorado on 9/28 for an out of stater?

Stalker

Cass I think your time at this site is just about over. You have lied twice and got caught and swore you would never do it again and now your handing us this bullsh*t. I used to stand up for you but you just have some problems that you should be over at this stage in your life. If this does pan out to be true I will be the first one to stand up, apologize and eat a large helping of crow. But with your track record I doubt we will ever see pictures.

Cass,
Private ranch? You are talking "game farm" right? Now I'm really confused as you said he was hunting. Since you had hoped he got his elk 9/28 which was also the same day he was suppose to return home did you tell him to have the "ranch owner" put the grain out so the "hunting" would be better?
Stalker

Nope
The MOther Well Ranch, They ended up taking a 386 (Biggest) bull (mikes)
a 380 bull (2nd Biggest) Dustins bull
and a 370 Bull (My dads bull) Im going to figure out how to upload the video onto my computer tonight do some editing so you dont have a 30 minute video and then find a site to host it at.

-Cass

I appreciate that browtine, It's going to be a long video so if you like it tell me what you think
Im gonna upload it to my computer later tonight and figure out a way to send you it. I would really appreciate the help Browtine.

-Cass

Cass,
You do know that the MotherWell ranch is a game farm right?
3 bulls over 370" is a " Mother of a lot of Bull".
$20k each must be nice but it ain't huntin. I hope you edit all this out of the video.
Stalker

most video makers require hundreds of hours of footage to make 1-60 minute video but Cass has it all "in the camera", that is impressive.

JB

3 great bulls, once in a lifetime opportunity for these 3 guys.
Say what you want, the shot 3 bulls and passed up Numerous nice bulls. Say what you want, they hunted and shot the bulls of their lifetimes.
An experience I only hope to have, grow up and stop bickering.

-Cass

Cass

SOUNDS LIKE 13,500.00 BULLS RIGHT???

IS THAT AN SCI OR B&C SCORE YOUR TALKING???

PLEASE SEND ME THE VIDEO,AND I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT THE ONE WHERE ALL THREE BULLS ARE BEHIND HIGH FENCES,I'M TALKING ABOUT YOUR HUNT!!!

I'VE BEEN WAITING!!!

THE ONLY bobcat ASKING FOR THE THIRD TIME FOR THE VIDEO!!!

The Motherwell Ranch is a game farm. Real hard earned trophy I am sure. Motherwell was a farm where Chronic Wasting disease was found. The Colorado Division of Wildife found evidence that the penned up animals spread the disease to wild game. Way to go on your dad and his friends, always nice to see support for an outfit that leads to the demise of true " WILDLIFE ". Again way to go............. loser.

You know what
forget it.
If you wanna see the video, call me and I'll work somthing out.
But i'm sick of this site now, Im sick of the jerks that roam this site.
I'm not gonna waste my time posting some great footage just to have a hoard load of jerkoffs critisize it. Seems that no matter what I do, no matter what I post it seems to get reemed. Im gonna finish the upload tonight, and if browtime wants to post it it is completely up to him. But im done with this site, the jerks on this site have just got to go.
I have never once been crued to anyone, maybe screwed around but never like this.
You can talk about me as much as you guys like, but when you go and start talkin about my father, you can kiss my ass.
Im done.

-Cass

Now, now, little buddy. Don't go away. I once let some of these horses-asses get under my skin, but do ya know what? If you are not full of high-fives and way to go's they don't like ya.

Go hunt the game farms and get a governor's tag, because if you don't, they will. I can't wait to get my sportsman tag and shoot the biggest bastard on the winter range and if no one likes it they can kiss my butt.

People here talk ethics, they wound half of the elk herd and then justify their actions by discussing it here. They talk percentages and watching from a distance and surgical steel and all of the other BS stories they can come up with. I wish one time I could hunt and run into all of the ethical people that frequent this site.

Yes we do see some awesome animals here through pictures and I like seeing them. How many times do I have to hear about the big bucks and the 30" crap that gets tossed around here. We all see them, but very few show proof. So when I hear about a 30"er I let it go in one ear and out the other.

Look at Dawg. Hell, he posts some big buck pictures and everyone gathers around and hammers the guy to death. Still haven't figured that one out.

Come on Cass you and Old Oregon need to get in an old fashioned internet brawl. You telling Old Oregon you have never been hit by a puss before was a classic. People give you crap because you are young and don't feel threatened by ya. Maybe you need to hunt down some MM guy and whoop his ass. Maybe they will back off then. ;-)

You guys can give it to me now because I really don't care. :)

LAST EDITED ON Sep-29-04 AT 01:49PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Sep-29-04 AT 01:46?PM (MST)

Have to say this is an entertaining thread, if at Cass's expense. I guess you lie in the bed you make (or don't) after all. If you cant defend your actions and standards, this is what you get.

ktc- Since the majority of us on here are just unethical, do anything for horn, all talk and no walk asses, spouting ethics, but secretly just dreaming of the day we can afford our next game farm shoot on this site, I guess I should have just went ahead and blasted that beautiful 6x6 Colorado bull that was staring at me broadside for about 15 seconds at about 80 yards uphill in the timber, right after I dropped my raghorn. Should have left my raggy to rot, or at least called my buddys up to tag the little one... but curiously that NEVER crossed my mind. I dont know what came over me. :) Or the year before in Idaho when I got a long look at a snarly 200"+ 32" nontypical buck, broadside at about 200 yards, in a unit I didnt have a tag for, right before I had to head back home. Strangely, against every fiber of my being, I just let him bounce off into the sagebrush flat. Or... naahh, you wouldnt believe me anyway. I have nothing against you at all, however, I do take exeption to blanket stuff being thrown around about peoples ethics and personal standards, or lack thereof, that they nothing about...

Carry on...

Quit your bitchin Cass. The fact that the Mortherwell Ranch is still open pisses me off to no end. CDOW slaughtered about 500 deer and about 150 elk to try to stop an outbreak of Chronic Wasting Disease that originated from the Mother F***** Ranch. Grow up, you played it out to sound like some grand hunting story and a " once in a lifetime " event. You get pissed every 6 months on this site and leave and then your back a month later. I don't give a rats ass if you dream of hunting a tame elk some day but don't try to pass it off as a major accomplishment to those of us that don't agree with the idea. Your dad contributed to a ranch that has spread a disease that could have major impact on the future of hunting free roaming animals. If my son looses his opportunity to hunt in 20 years because of CWD, ( which I don't think he will ) I'll hold people like your father and his friends partially to blame. If you guys want to screw up hunting just join PETA. Bye Cass, don't let the door hit your dad's 370 bull in the ass.

This is my kind of thread. I love causing trouble and boiling the pot over.

I am not into game farms and never really put much thought into going to one, probably never will. Here's the problem; people with money and ground see an opportunity to make some big bucks. So they do. Not many people turn down a 6 or 7 figure job opportunity whether they were a pimp or a elk rancher. Money talks. Therefore, people grow elk. Obviously there is demand for the product or they would not exist. I know a handicapped dude that hunted a elk ranch. He was happy, but that was him. I don't walk in his shoes so I cannot say whether it was right or wrong. He felt it was the only way for him to get a big bull. I sure as hell ain't gonna rip him apart for his decision. The CWD thing, it sucks and surely don't know how to fix the problem. Yes, it is definitely a problem.

Ethics are in the eye of the beholder. Do you walk into a 50 acre corn field to hunt pheasants if someone is already in it?

Do you ride your quad down a canyon to get your elk out? Everyone sucks for doing it unless it is your (not you personally) tired worn out ass that has to pack it up the hill. That is the justification and then it is OK.

Is it ethical to drive a arrow through the middle of an elk, can't find it and shoot another? Cass, has an opinion on the matter and he is stupid for bringing it up. The fact is this; no one knows if it died or lived. Too many things could kill it days or weeks down the road. Yes it may heal. So ethically one would shred his tag and call it a year. Right? Sure as hell not me. I am unethical. ;-)

Use 2-ways? rangefinders? Road hunt? shoot 400 yards? Get in someone's way? The list can go on forever and it does at MM.

I really don't blame Cass for getting pissed about people trashing his dad. To me that is getting personal. I wouldn't really like it either and neither would most of you.

OK, bring it on. :)

I don't believe Cass even knows someone that killed a bull at the game farm. It's all BS.

JB

Cass

I'D LIKE TO SEE THE FOOTAGE FROM 'YOUR' HUNT!!!

THERE DOESN'T HAVE TO BE A KILL SEEN FOR ME TO ENJOY THE FOOTAGE!!!

ARE YOU STILL MAKING IT???

I LIKE LOOKING AT LIVE 'RACKS' AS MUCH AS DEAD 'RACKS'!!!

ARE YOU CALLING ME 'ONE OF THE JERKS???I CAN TAKE THE TRUTH,I JUST NEED A TRUTHFUL ANSWER,HELL MY WIFE'S BEEN CALLING ME A JERK FOR I DON'T KNOW HOW MANY YEARS???

I'D LIKE TO SEE THE NEVADA FOOTAGE!!!

THE ONLY bobcat WAITING FOR THE MOVIE!!!

ktc, couldn't agree with you more,
& to all of you wishing Cass to leave this site, Please fill free to kiss my; fat, hairy, ass, Don't worry your Superior ethics will allow for face to butt contact in this scenario.
Ironic how such grandiose ethics allows for dissing on someones father, yeah you may have ethical superiority on the keyboard, however you have zero class.

There's nothing unethical about shooting game farm animals. It just isn't very appropriate on a "hunting" forum. It's like buying beef with the hide still on.

JB

"No license is required. Guided one-on-one. Four days and three nights.

Bull scoring up to 360 - $8,500
Bull scoring 360-400 - $13,500
Bull scoring 400+ - negotiated "

Hunt of a lifetime, for sure.

CASS,

Hey man, I don't know you and you don't know me! I live in wyoming and have been hunting my rear off my entire life, granted I am only 26 years old. I know i am young and not traveled as many miles as some of the ole' boys running around this site. But let me tell you one thing, I have replied to very few posts around this site and when i do it is a rare occasion and i will tell you why. I don't know what kind of people are on this site but as far as i am concerned a better portion of them are ignorant pricks. I have been around for alot fewer years than alot of them and i can't help but laugh at some of the comments some of them make. There are about 10 to 15 of them that are the dumbest of all. and unfortunately they are the ones that reply the most, usually with dribble running from there mouths. Even when there is a guess the score post, i mean these people don't know there a&* from there elbow. and it is the same ones time after time, after time, you get the point. if it is not negativety coming from them then it is some sort of whining and crying!
I hope you don't let people spoil your attitude, it is just not worth it. espically with the dumba#$es doing it around here. i guess my point is, kilowatt, and all the others have got a good sight around here, but it is being spoiled by a few people. Sounds like your dad, and friends, or relatives had one heck of a good hunt. i don't necessarily agree with the game ranches and all the other jazz, but that is not what is important. as long as they had a good time, they are proud, that is what matters. and when people start talking about your family that is when those sorry excuses for human beings should be cast out with the rest of the garbage. sooooo, go ahead to those individuals that i am positive will have a comment to send my way, bring it on! i could give a sh*t less. any time you want to run your mouth about me, i live in jackson hole, wyoming, come on over and we can discuss it like real men.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom