Cc hits Begin!

I got curious and looked up my wife's points. She had 14 also. For some reason I thought we had missed her deer app a few times. Luckily I did buy point guard for her, if her knee is not doing well we can get her points back

The draw is over. The only other hits coming through are from those rejected cards. False hope.
0DA39A08-0CB0-4610-B6B4-32B5044D937B.gif

I got curious and looked up my wife's points. She had 14 also. For some reason I thought we had missed her deer app a few times. Luckily I did buy point guard for her, if her knee is not doing well we can get her points back

If you Purchased point guard then yes, you can get your bonus points back for next draw But next time she draws for that same species, she has to use her tag or donate them to an organization or donate to a younger child or grandson onder the of eighteen. Once all your bonus points are used up for that species only then can you repurchase point guard for that species.

If you Purchased point guard then yes, you can get your bonus points back for next draw But next time she draws for that same species, she has to use her tag or donate them to an organization or donate to a younger child or grandson onder the of eighteen. Once all your bonus points are

If you Purchased point guard then yes, you can get your bonus points back for next draw But next time she draws for that same species, she has to use her tag or donate them to an organization or donate to a younger child or grandson onder the of eighteen. Once all your bonus points are used up for that species only then can you repurchase point guard for that species.

used up for that species only then can you repurchase point guard for that species.

We wont play any games with the point guard. If her knee is good enough to hunt she will hunt

Wowser!!!! Good news is that there will be that many less 20+ point guys out there to compete with top end hunts.
Even at 15 people per year leaving the pool so it will only 200 years to get through It at current numbers . Wishful thinking tho

$300 pending. Applied for 12 late muzzy deer hunts. Would that possibly be a deer tag? Had 22 points. I bet I messed up somehow.

Not a chance. Never has happened before and never will happen. Where we pulling this random info from?

Spoke with multiple outfitters based on what their clients did or did not draw. As well as my own application and others I know personally.

Last edited:
I think their screwing with me by not charging my card. Apparently 12 points wasn't enough for a NR Archery 12AB Muley tag.
As long as someone wasn’t charged I feel more secure in my charge being real. It’s when everyone says they have been hit that I begin scratching my head.

Cc got hit for $300 12aw late 1st choice 6a 2nd I drew 12A w late in 2014 with 15 nr points would love to do it again! But I’ll be happy with 6A in early November as I’ve seen some pretty nice bucks there while muzzy elk hunting several times. For now I’m doing my research on Colorado unit 49 muzzy elk in mid September that I drew.

Last edited:
I used to hate paying up front for applications but I wish we did so that people could just wait for results
Back when the fee was paid upfront (in AZ), it was done by check/money order. When the drawing moved to an online system, that was no longer possible. Arizona's banking laws do not allow for you to pay upfront by credit card for something you aren't guaranteed to receive. So, as long as there is an online drawing system that requires the use of a credit card, it will be impossible for them to charge the full fee at the time of application unless of course the state banking laws are changed.

Still pending, what? Why is this taking so long, ?

I think there’s little chance if a tag now, main hope was a sheep tag. NR with 29 points.
Too many points behind the crowd to expect a deer tag for the hunts I applied to.

Not as of this evening, I've been checking my cc like a new daddy waiting on his first kid in the maternity ward! Man I saw where oilcan didn’t draw with 25 pts. Something doesn’t seem right with that. ?
He’s 85 guys away at about 8 tags turned over before drawing. Likely 8-10 years before a tag, especially on a boomer year like this. Guys with high teens to low 20’s are 40-60 years away if they can outlive some folks.

I pulled 12BW late hunt resident with 3 points!!! LFG!
I turned that tag back in 2 yrs ago in 2021 using my pointguard due to some family medical issues. I'm still catching heck from my Buddy's. Drawing that tag with 3 Res points is like having the winning mega millions lottery numbers.
Kill a big one!

He’s 85 guys away at about 8 tags turned over before drawing. Likely 8-10 years before a tag, especially on a boomer year like this. Guys with high teens to low 20’s are 40-60 years away if they can outlive some folks.
I'll draw that tag way sooner that, hide and watch

I'll draw that tag way sooner that, hide and watch
I like the confidence …unfortunately the numbers say otherwise especially if the trend continues.

19+ NR has 1754 people in the pool. If you take just the “late hunts” or super premium hunts your looking at 10 tags burned per year In the bonus pass .

Roughly 175 years to burn on that pace. I’d guess 2-2.5% of tag burn due to impatience, settling for a tag, or just looking to get out of the game which is 44 tags. So 55 tags a year being generous is 32 years to “guarantee” it again

I like the confidence …unfortunately the numbers say otherwise especially if the trend continues.

19+ NR has 1754 people in the pool. If you take just the “late hunts” or super premium hunts your looking at 10 tags burned per year In the bonus pass .

Roughly 175 years to burn on that pace. I’d guess 2-2.5% of tag burn due to impatience, settling for a tag, or just looking to get out of the game which is 44 tags. So 55 tags a year being generous is 32 years to “guarantee” it again
I actually drew that tag in 2021 (12bw late) and had to return it with Point Guard due to family medical issues. I caught heck for it from everyone I knew as I was booked early and had to do so at the last minute. I drew it in the random tag pass and even in the bonus pass there are no real guarantees. I have a BIL that has been max points since the beginning and finally drew 13 b a few years ago. Luck plays a huge part it in all. Nothing is really a sure 100% guarantee, if you draw a tag with max points it's still not a done deal you're going kill a whopper worth waiting 25+ years to draw. It could turn off dry and antler development suffers, a burn could destroy the best parts of the unit, and I could go on and on, not mention Life Happens and you might have to return a tag. So what, a glass half full philosophy might work for some, so why go bed to bed tonight, no one is guaranteed tomorrow, so if really one only plays for the sure no miss shots in life, their odds of that not changing are still not guaranteed. I'm 68 and in great physical health and shape, praise God. When that changes, as it inevitably will, I may reasses my glass half full philosophy in life. Why not swing for the fence, for certain, odds are one will never hit it out the park without the effort.
Hey best of LUCK to you this fall and that you draw your for sure hunts and kill a whopper!
Bret

The past 5 years I could've drawn the Kaibab Archery tag and I kept drawing other tags so I would swing for the fences and apply for a strip tag while I continued to build points. This year I drew a good archery tag in Colorado so I was on the fence about the Kaibab tag again. I decided I would apply for the Kaibab and if I drew I would return the CO tag. 12 points wasn't enough to pull the Archery Kaibab tag this year point creep surpassed me. The past 5 years I would've drawn guaranteed and it looked like I would've this year to. Nothings ever guaranteed and tag reductions and a great moisture year causing people with high points to jump and burn points can cause point creep to over take you. If you draw a tag and you can go hunt it don't pass up the opportunity you may not draw it again next year!

The past 5 years I could've drawn the Kaibab Archery tag and I kept drawing other tags so I would swing for the fences and apply for a strip tag while I continued to build points. This year I drew a good archery tag in Colorado so I was on the fence about the Kaibab tag again. I decided I would apply for the Kaibab and if I drew I would return the CO tag. 12 points wasn't enough to pull the Archery Kaibab tag this year point creep surpassed me. The past 5 years I would've drawn guaranteed and it looked like I would've this year to. Nothings ever guaranteed and tag reductions and a great moisture year causing people with high points to jump and burn points can cause point creep to over take you. If you draw a tag and you can go hunt it don't pass up the opportunity you may not draw it again next year!
In same boat as you. Need to find another archery hunt to burn my points on.

Amen, There are few magical places in the world and the Kaibab and Yukon are a couple of them to me. If I never get to hunt those places, so be it, somone bigger than me has other plans. I was blessed to hunt big S Texas ranches growing up way before 8' deer proof fences, corn slingers, heated box blinds, and selected genetics We have kids raising those super bucks and they're nice to look at but I have no desire to kill one. I drew a deer tag almost 30 yrs ago on the NRA Whittington center, crazy odds for sute, I think it was 5 tags in those days on a $5 entry chance. Life's good and those special places are becoming fewer and fewer to hunt. Best of luck to you this year Man!

I actually drew that tag in 2021 (12bw late) and had to return it with Point Guard due to family medical issues. I caught heck for it from everyone I knew as I was booked early and had to do so at the last minute. I drew it in the random tag pass and even in the bonus pass there are no real guarantees. I have a BIL that has been max points since the beginning and finally drew 13 b a few years ago. Luck plays a huge part it in all. Nothing is really a sure 100% guarantee, if you draw a tag with max points it's still not a done deal you're going kill a whopper worth waiting 25+ years to draw. It could turn off dry and antler development suffers, a burn could destroy the best parts of the unit, and I could go on and on, not mention Life Happens and you might have to return a tag. So what, a glass half full philosophy might work for some, so why go bed to bed tonight, no one is guaranteed tomorrow, so if really one only plays for the sure no miss shots in life, their odds of that not changing are still not guaranteed. I'm 68 and in great physical health and shape, praise God. When that changes, as it inevitably will, I may reasses my glass half full philosophy in life. Why not swing for the fence, for certain, odds are one will never hit it out the park without the effort.
Hey best of LUCK to you this fall and that you draw your for sure hunts and kill a whopper!
Bret
I like your confidence, that being said, as pointed out before, you will almost certainly never draw a late tag. I would burn on early and go have a fun hunt, that being said, I hope that everyone else in your point tier area has the same idea as you as it takes a bunch of people out of actually competing for tags.

I have 22 points and my son 12. One of the two of us drew a Nov Kaibab muzzy tag. Without the random tag system we possibly never would have had a chance. I personally like AZ’s system of how they award permits. I just wish it wasn’t so slow from the time they start charging until they finally announce.

It’s kind of funny as we both sit here and wait and kind of secretly hope it’s not the other. As I dad I hate to say that! He already drew a UT limited entry tag for this season, so I think it’s ok.

Any idea when G&F will releases the official results? I’m interested to see which unit I lucked out and drew from my two options.

I have 22 points and my son 12. One of the two of us drew a Nov Kaibab muzzy tag. Without the random tag system we possibly never would have had a chance. I personally like AZ’s system of how they award permits. I just wish it wasn’t so slow from the time they start charging until they finally announce.

It’s kind of funny as we both sit here and wait and kind of secretly hope it’s not the other. As I dad I hate to say that! He already drew a UT limited entry tag for this season, so I think it’s ok.
Mixed feelings for sure, was your son a youth hunt? Best of luck either way, when did the cc hit, over the weekend?

Mixed feelings for sure, was your son a youth hunt? Best of luck either way, when did the cc hit, over the weekend?
My son is 23. I’m 53, so he has more time to draw his tag!!! Haha we both applied for the unit 12 muzzy hunts. Just one NR tag given and I think 15 overall tags. I even added my hunter safety this year to try to give me a little more of an edge on what is truly a long shot anyway. It sure will be nice to clear the point slate for one of us.

I think the card was hit Wednesday.

There was more like 1300 with 19+ NR points. That is why I applied for 12A West early. There were 15 people in just the 12AWest early hunt alone with more than 19. So maybe it will go faster than i figured

My credit card got hit, super lucky I only had two nonresident points and only applied for the 12A-12B and the strips so it’s one of the two any ideas of when will find out what units we drew?

Just checked the Portal, 19 going into the draw now says I have 17. I'm going to wait a day or so to whats going on. Anyone else have different point # than expected?

Just checked the Portal, 19 going into the draw now says I have 17. I'm going to wait a day or so to whats going on. Anyone else have different point # than expected?
It says 17 because that's how many species points you have. If you have the hunter ed and loyalty, those don't show up in the draw app portion right away. But they do show up in the BP section. That's what I've noticed.

Scroll to the side. 17 bonus points, 1 loyalty and 1 hunter Ed? Atleast that's the way mine reads

It says 17 because that's how many species points you have. If you have the hunter ed and loyalty, those don't show up in the draw app portion right away. But they do show up in the BP section. That's what I've noticed.
Yep, saw the 2 points as group points on lower left. Thanks!

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom