CC hits

I just did the same calculation, but with 30 points (901 chances), 188 tags and 970,000 total draw numbers. That is 17.4% overall. Odds will vary a lot more for residents due to picking higher or lower demand hunts for lower choices. Seems like you should draw in the not too distant future..... Good luck!
17% is a lot better than odds for the ones without points! I just retired so I'll have lots of scouting time if I can get Powerball lucky.
Fingers crossed for everyone.

I think what the hold up is the higher ups noticed I finally drew a tag. (Possibly multiple tags). Once this was brought to their attention they are likely having a special board meeting to figure out how to over turn my results.
So stand by once they clear this up they will release the results

Stupid. Nothing for me.

My kid drew deer though, his first year hunting.

10 BP for bull, 8 for cow now.

AwardedChoice 1: Hunter Choice Number 1022 - Elk, Non-Resident, Archery, 161 - 164, 171 - 173, Antlered September 17 - September 30

Still cannot believe it. Only NR tag

Have NM archery elk Sept 1-14 also. Work is going to hate me.
Man, you're going to be busy!

AwardedChoice 1: Hunter Choice Number 1022 - Elk, Non-Resident, Archery, 161 - 164, 171 - 173, Antlered September 17 - September 30

Still cannot believe it. Only NR tag

Have NM archery elk Sept 1-14 also. Work is going to hate me.
Congrats! How many points did you have?

All red for me for 2nd straight year after drawing Non resident archery Elk in 2021and muzzleloader antelope in 2022.. Next year I'm definitely drawing a sheep tag I just know it 😄

Zippo across the board, except for:
Choice 1: Hunter Choice Number 1288 - Elk, Non-Resident, Any Legal Weapon, 114, 115, Antlerless December 05 - January 01

I had 4-points and my brother had 3-points. We got it as a 2-person party.

Is 6 points enough to draw any NR rifle antlerless elk tags? Never researched it but have been putting in lately. Just curious....
I’ve drawn multiple cow tags with never over 2 points.. rifle tags. Depends where you’re looking I guess

Depredation Bull and Area 7 Muzzleloader Deer for me. Overall, my family drew 2 Dep Bull, 7-area 7 deer tags, 1 Buck Antelope, 2-late Cow, 1 Spike, 1 Desert Bighorn and 1 California Bighorn sheep tags. That’s between 7 of us.
only two sheep tags? sheesh.
LOL

Blown away. My nephew drew the Cali and pretty sure he had low points. My sister in law drew the Desert with 15 in the same unit my Dad had 2 years ago which was the first sheep hunt any of us had ever been on. She also drew the same Dep tag as me which is 2 Dep tags in a row for her.
Congrats on your families’ tags..that the thing, you didn’t draw them, they did. I find it funny how people claim the draws “in the group”..but you didn’t draw it. Just my opinion

Well, if you knew how to follow along, you would see that I, myself, drew 2 of those said tags. We hunt together, as a family no matter who draws what tag. That’s my favorite part of hunting is sharing it with the people I care about. I feel bad for those of you that don’t have that or don’t understand that. If you don’t have anything better to write on somebody else’s post then I really feel bad for you. Just my opinion.

Well, if you knew how to follow along, you would see that I, myself, drew 2 of those said tags. We hunt together, as a family no matter who draws what tag. That’s my favorite part of hunting is sharing it with the people I care about. I feel bad for those of you that don’t have that or don’t understand that. If you don’t have anything better to write on somebody else’s post then I really feel bad for you. Just my opinion.
Just in the past few years, I was able to introduce my nephew to hunting & he’s ALL in now. Since then, his best friend has joined us. (He’s like a nephew to me) Unfortunately none of us drew in NV or UT this year. I’m grateful to share in their hunting experiences & wish I had more participation from my family.
I think it’s awesome that you guys all hunt together as a family. Congratulations on the tags that were drawn. 👍🏻

💯 In this age of ever worsening odds to draw good/great/rare tags, only an idiot would not relish and celebrate family/friend draw success and hunts and hope to participate in same of feasible. The alternative is a LOT less fun with time spent on more pedestrian hunts and tags.

Last edited:
Well said. To me family hunting is for me the most important event being out in the outdoors. My problem is both my boys starting families and having limited time to go with pops but I understand. Not sure if they’ll be able to go with me in September but will figure it out!

Well said. To me family hunting is for me the most important event being out in the outdoors. My problem is both my boys starting families and having limited time to go with pops but I understand. Not sure if they’ll be able to go with me in September but will figure it out!
Your boys need to be bringing you on THEIR hunts!

Your boys need to be bringing you on THEIR hunts!
I know what you mean but my boys are in a era now that drawing tags are almost next to impossible. Back in the day you could go to Colorado and get your deer tags over the counter the night before. But it’s all changed and it’s actually so easy to put in that’s why there’s record applications year after year.

Depredation Bull and Area 7 Muzzleloader Deer for me. Overall, my family drew 2 Dep Bull, 7-area 7 deer tags, 1 Buck Antelope, 2-late Cow, 1 Spike, 1 Desert Bighorn and 1 California Bighorn sheep tags. That’s between 7 of us.
Jeeze leave some tags for the rest of us haha congratulations

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom