CENTRAL MTNS MT NEBO MUZZLELOADER ELK

S

SHEDANTLERART

HEY GUYS I SEEN ANOTHER GUY POSTED ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT EARLY RIFLE HUNT.AND YES I WAS ONE OF THE LUCKY ONES DRAWING THIS AT THE EXPO.CENTRAL MTN NEBO MUZZLELOADER BULL ELK,CAN YOU GUYS GIVE ME A GOOD PLACE TO START,I KNOW ITS A BIG UNIT.IS IT WORTH TRYING OVER ABOVE LEVAN,OR STAY BETWEEN SPANISH FORK CANYON AND NEPHI CANYON.IM A LITTLE WORRIED HAVING THE EARLY RIFLE HUNT END JUST THREE DAYS BEFORE MINE STARTS ON SEPT 23.AND ARE WONDERING ARE ALL THE ELK GOING TO BE KICKED IN TO THE NEXT COUNTY.ANY AND ALL HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED.THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE ACTUALLY DRAWN AN ELK TAG AND I WANT TO MAKE GOOD USE OF IT. THANKS, AND GUYS WHO DREW THIS TAG I WOULD LOVE IT IF YOU WOULD SEND SOME PICS THROUGH EMAIL.THANKS KELLY

If it was me with the tag i would stay between spanish and nephi canyons. Ther are however a few nice bulls takin on the east side of the red cliffs. good luck.

My advice is to not be to picky. Take some time and scout. The elk will be pushed hard during the rifle hunt. If you are real brave try up on the top on the south side of Willow Creek above Mona. It would be brutal getting an animal out of there, but the best bulls on the unit might be in that area. Don't pass up any bull scoring 320, that could very well be the biggest bull you could find. Also, don't overlook Maple Mt. There was a 380 bull there after the hunts last year. Probably made it through the winter just fine. This unit has gone downhill for the last 5 years and it looks like it won't get any better in the foreseeable future.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom