central rac meeting

swbuckmaster

Long Time Member
Here is my take on what was said

SFW member/rac member wanted to keep the Le elk numbers on the snatch the same. Then said the divisions numbers are basically crap and why should they rubber stamp anything the division present. Again I say the division is not at fault and cant even do there jobs when it comes to management in this state. They are puppets to this group.

SFW member/rac member also came up with the the idea that if you shoot a bull that is 10 it will throw off the age ratio on that unit. So how is this possible when they issue hundreds of bull elk tags on this unit and the average is still over by one year? Age objective average is just that an average! Or am I the one missing something here when they use the word average?

SFW Member/rac member also said it is getting lame on these LE hunts. He said when someone draws a tag there are 30 people that also want to help the tag holder out and these extra people are causing crowding problems. WTH I guess only guides can have a possy. I guess it is a bad thing when the elk hunts are already a once in a life time hunt so if a hunter actually does draw the tag he should just tell his family to "piss off",or " draw your own tag if you want to hunt".

SFW member/rac member asked a question about the deer fawn numbers on the henry mtns. His question was "what is the fawn recruitment on this unit." Anise said 70% survival rate and you need at least 60% to grow a deer herd! Anise then said the rest of southern Utah fawn recruitment is around 40-60% survival. Well to me something is not making sense. WHY ARE THE DEER NUMBERS ON THE HENRY MTNS GOING DOWN EVERY YEAR? The objective is 2,000 and the highest its ever been is around 1500. Its now around 1200 and trending down. WTH if the fawn numbers were correct the deer herd would be growing out of control. Especially since they only issue what 30 tags a year and there isn't a doe hunt down there.

Now the buck to doe ratio on the Henry mtns is sitting at 59/100 so 10 more management tags were proposed. I'm sure there are a lot of big old crappie non broken bucks people can find right. I sure dont want to hear SFW whine next year that all of these tards were just shooting broken or young bucks like they did with the elk.

The houndsman president stepped up to the plate who is probably also another SFW member and said we need to control the real predators affecting the deer herd numbers. Man! So Im pulling this number out of my AZZ but aren't there about 2,000 estimated cougars in Utah. I am also probably low with this estimated number! Doesn't one cougar kill a deer a week. So that one cougar is killing about 52 deer a year. 52*2000= 104,000 deer. Na the cougars aren't affecting the deer like the wolves aren't affecting the elk in yellowstone! Now out of those 104,000 deer lets just say that half of the ones killed by cats are does. thats what 52,000 does? Just think if the division came out and said they wanted to kill 52,000 does a year!! Now lets just ignore that the bears are at an all time high in Utah and we all know bears dont kill deer they only eat honey and grass and help prevent forest fires!!!

Now lets get off the bash sfw soap box and point out what else was said.

One old rac dude could not believe no archery tags were being cut. He proposed we cut the archery tag numbers in half because he thinks that most of the bow hunters are in the southern and south eastern units. He also said he is sick of the rifle guys taking it in the shorts. Anise even said that most of the bow hunters did in fact hunt in those regions. WTH Didn't The actual survey the division took say that most of the bow hunters were actually hunting in the region closest to their home and this is why state wide archery was put back in place? There are 15,000 bow hunters state wide and they have half the success rate of the rifle hunters which have 78,000 tags and have a 25-31 percent success rate.

So the million dollar questions the division needs to find answers to are.
1. How do they manage a herd that is over objective by 3,000 elk without killing anything? knowing it will probably double its size again in one year.
2. How do they allow for more rifle rut tags and not have a tard shoot the best bull he sees so sfw can still kill 400" bulls on a 5 year old age objective unit?
3. We know tards are very good at killing the cream off the top during the rut and let the lesser bulls do the breading year after year. so how does the division manage for the horns SFW wants when they know the genetic pool for growing the cream is getting shot out every year?
4. How do you manage the average age objective when a tard shoots a 15 year old 5x5 no one wanted and throws the average age objective out of wack?

Now Im all for cutting tags if deer herds are going down. I just think they need to cut the crap out of the rifle and re distribute them to a lesser weapons first. Making them all equal 33% rifle 33% muzzy 33% bow 1% can go to SFW. To me this is fair. now if the deer numbers continue to go down you cut each weapon equal until the buck to doe ratio is met.
Fair is fair! This would get rid of the hunter against hunter crap and it would no doubt increase the buck numbers across this state. win win

Im sure there was other crap that was discussed but I still feel the rac's are not meant for the general public and I just went to another dog and SFW show so to speak!!
There is nothing I could have said in this meeting that would have changed the already made up minds of the rac. But then again I already new this....

So 15,000 StickFlippers?

360 fps Bows with 175 yard Pins on them = 15,000 X an average of 7 wounded/Lost animals each = 105,000 animals not including the animals they Luck out & Kill!:D

Sorry sw,couldn't resist!:D

Your last Paragraph/Sentence makes the most Sense,it's all been decided long before RAC Meetings take place!

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

SW. The cougar numbers are as much of a lie as any other numbers. And jfyi I know the Pres of the houndsmen is not SFW. You need to get out of your wasatch box once in awhile into the real world. Cougar numbers are inflated to have something besides dwr to blame for deer. Let's go for a hike and you show me all these lion tracks or kills? Hope your in shape :)

I am glad you posted up your thoughts on the meeting.

As far as the population on the Henry Mountain with a 59/100 buck to doe ratio, the problem is that bucks don't have babies. So with that many bucks, and so few does, you are not going to have the same population growth that you would have in a unit with a smaller ratio. 60% is not an all encompassing number, it is also an estimate. 60% may be good for a general unit at 18/100 but not 59/100.

The management hunt is an okay hunt because it does give some good opportunity to sportsman who want to draw a tag before they die or can't walk anymore on the Paunsaugunt and the Henry Mountains and the bucks they take don't mess up the herds genetics.

It sounds like most of the SFW comments were opinion based, not from good research or logic.

I laugh at the statewide archery survey that said people hunt close to home, because when we had to pick our area I didn't see even 1/3 of the people I saw the year before on Zion when you could go anywhere.

Cougars do eat deer, but 104,000 is a guess give or take 80,000. I personally think humans in cars driving 75 mph through a migration area do more damage, at least in the winter. Most people drive slower in the mountains where they summer.

I don't know how to grow 400 inch bulls statewide and still give opportunity to hunt them each year, but if anyone does I would like to get a PM.

Thanks for going swbuckmaster

screwed the pooch on the wasatch......but i got my say so oh well.....gotta laugh at the division uh 'we guessed the last three years and i guess we were wrong on the population'......the majority of the tags issued will have little to no impact on the problem areas while the public land areas are gonna take a beating this year.

littlebeaver.jpg

a32_cleaners.jpg

How are they saying that 1/2 of the archers are hunting either the southern or southeastern units? I dont even know anyone who archery hunted either of these units.

respect my authorita

R.I.P Wasatch, I was there also, kinda felt that is was pointless to go. SW, I though there was a guy there who looked like you, I was going to chat for a second but you came in late and you left early. Beav, I didnt know you were there, I talked to your dad for a second.
That was my first rac meeting, not what I expected,

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

Ya that was me. I kinda wish I had put in for the wasatch now. This will be the last good year on it.

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

well said split tags up same and seasons same amount time. 14 days each to be fair all way around. get rid of extend archery hunts to kill last rutting buck or last doe to fill freezer.at last minute. WHY

Kawboy i was the guy sitting down on the bench that asked you where you put in.....and whether it was premium or not. Khaki Tag Jacket with camo on sides......black hat with glasses.....

Holy crap SW I don't even know where to start now that I read your post, i kinda feel dumber for the time spent to take that in..... ;-)

thanks for coming to the rac, least we do have people like you that care enought to show up, however misguided they may be.... ;-)

littlebeaver.jpg

a32_cleaners.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Apr-21-11 AT 11:00AM (MST)[p]Berry
I hate to get drug into these type of "I know you are but what am i threads" but sometimes guys like you want to bring me down to your level.

So here it goes. I hope it makes sense im trying to dumb it down for you. You felt stupid after reading it because, it was way over your third grade reading level. So na na nubobo stick your head in do do. Im still better then you!;-)

SW me and you don't see eye to eye on most stuff and this is another example......it peav's me a bit to have someone go off on SFW when they are actually standing for the right things. I don't recall anyone else who gave a crap about utah's most accessable and used unit. Say what you will bout them but they stood for the correct things when very few others did.

Who cares if they are limiting opportunity???? UTAH IS A HELL OF A LONG WAY AWAY FROM BEING AN OPPORTUNITY STATE!!!! the deer herd is in shambles, elk aren't going anywhere anytime soon cause of the objective. Until we have a deer herd and elk herd comparable to colorado's we can't become a opportunity state it just won't work. I understand the range issue but the percentage can be increased in UT IMHO. By all that's holy if we are over objective we better issue some damn cow/doe tags to fix it!!!

Before we can have anymore opportunity we need many many many more animals. The only way to get that is to kill less of them, forget ratio's and percentages.....that's it kill less deer=more deer next year......no way around it. When i say kill less i mean the broad spectrum all across the entire predator scope

My personal opinion is shut the deer hunt down for a couple of years and see what happens......let the MOTL bucks grow a couple of years and see how satisfied the social side of the world is.....

Until the average guy can kill a nice buck in UT there will not be opportunity. when that happens, SW you will be killin 200" deer every year ;-)

littlebeaver.jpg

a32_cleaners.jpg

No, I don't but I believe that it should be a solid possibilty for EVERYONE. UT doesn't offer that too people right now IMHO on the general units anyway.

littlebeaver.jpg

a32_cleaners.jpg

So, since Anis Aude publicly admitted to "guessing" on the elk counts for the past however many years, how accurate do you think our deer counts have been over the years? And for all you DWR trusting individuals, at what point after you've been lied to for years do you begin to trust someone/them again? I think it's a fair question after the other nights RAC meeting.

I also don't think they are "SFW puppets". If that was the case, this whole cow elk proposal wouldn't have made it to the table. SFW is strongly against this slaughter.

It's always an adventure!!!

BUll/Berry

What does the division gain from being dishonest to the public over its elk? Answer is nothing!

Now ask yourself what does Don Peay/sfw gain from being dishonest to the public? More tags, push their agenda, more money, less crowded hunts for the rich,less crowded hunts for the guides. I could go on and on.

I think managing an elk herd on public land is defiantly a balancing act. You cant get it correct every time. There will be cycles. Meaning you will have its ups and downs cycles. It wont ever be perfect when your dealing with nature/winter kills/disease/predator up and down cycles.

Now can either of you tell me the exact numbers of elk we have on the Wasatch? "nope" Can you tell me the average age of elk on that unit? "nope" You have to rely on the division for that info.

At least the division has to look at the whole big picture. They cant just look at size of horn. If the age objective rules are set to a number and the average age is over you have to kill more bulls they didn't make up the rules. SFW and the rest did. The division just follows the rules!!

If the elk numbers are over objective they have to kill cows and bulls to get it under objective. The division again just follows the rules.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-21-11 AT 10:51PM (MST)[p]Berry
About the deer quagmire you and I will never agree on what?

I dont even think you know what I think about the deer!

You think the deer are in the toilet for quality on general land compared to le units and your argument is there are no deer. You think they issue way to many buck tags on the general unit and the quality sucks. Am I missing something?

How the heck do we differ? I think the deer quality on the general deer hunt sucks compared to a LE unit. I however love the LE quality in the archery only areas. Its as good as the henry mountains and I can hunt it every year!!!!

Now you want to see more bucks on the general unit correct?

The only way you will have Henry quality bucks state wide is to cut all the archery tags down to zero and cut the rifle tags down to where the archery tags are right now 16,000 or less.

Now you cut all the rifle tags down to zero and increase the archery tags to 90,000 and you will have henry mountain quality state wide where everyone can draw a tag either every year or every other year, despite what the anti bow crowd thinks! We dont wound and loose more then we kill. If these were facts I would find loads of dead deer all over the front all killed from arrows. I have yet to find one in 10 plus years of hunting an archery only area. In the 20 years Ive archery hunted in Utah Ive only wounded and lost one deer. I know for a fact I'm a sneaky mother when I'm on the hill and in the 10 years of hunting the front I only average one or two shots a year. Its that hard to kill or wound a deer with a bow and I hunt 30 plus days a year and I dont pass up deer..

Now somewhere in the middle there is common ground for you and I if we both look at the big picture. I believe the quality would be somewhere around the bookcliffs or better. It is a fact that if you even the tags out. It will shorten the effective shooting range down. It will allow for more tags to be issued for the opportunity guys and it will allow for less deer to be harvested so the quality will go up. How many times when your rifle hunting do you hear boom boom boom boom re load boom boom boom. In archery or muzzy hunting you only get one shot. In archery hunting the average guy doesn't have the time to be successful and he also cant just kill the largest buck on the mountain every time. If this was true I would have a shizz load more of way bigger bucks then I already have.

Now what the hell is wrong with this idea Berry??? Where do we differ on the general deer issue????

LAST EDITED ON Apr-21-11 AT 11:21PM (MST)[p]Catman

I know the cats have got to be one of the hardest animals in Utah to get a correct number on. I also know a few years ago on the foothills in front of Mt timpanogos from AF canyon to Provo canyon they killed 20-40 cats in one year. I dont even think the division new there were that many cats up there. So lets just say if you applied this guess to the whole state I would say there are way more cats then people really knew.

Guess what happened to the deer herds up there? Guess what happened to the sheep herds up there?

They all went up and they didn't even target the coyotes...

More importantly to a deer hunter the buck to doe ratio also went up. Go figure!

You know me and Ive told you this before. I also dont think we should kill the crap out of the cats either. So dont get your he-string in a bunch.:p Maybe you should bring those dogs of yours out here and ill show you a few tracks they can chase.

My point is if you also look at the big picture you will see that this archery only area has loads of big ol cats that no one even hunts and it still has loads of big ol bucks... So again somewhere in the middle there is common ground where you can run your hounds till there pads wear off and you can still hunt big bucks. So why do you and your bro fight the archery issue? Why put down one of the best tools for opportunity and quality out?

I know your contemplating burning a few points on an archery LE tag!

By the way do what good brothers do and slap your brother for me!!:7

Sorry swb. The division is not following the rules. If they were, they would have been doing accurate counts all along instead of the lazy way. Apparently between 2009 and 2010 we had a banner calf crop. Increasing an elk herd by 2000? Now that's impressive survival right there. Like I said, for those of you that want to drink the DWR koolaid be my guest. I will continue to question their numbers and their motives when appropriate.

It's always an adventure!!!

sw?

"Fight the Archery Issue"?

LMAO!

I RAZZ the StickFlippers & Have Fun Doing So,Sensitive bunch of PLICKS!

Over the years I've packed my Bow quite a few miles,coulda shot several Bucks but just not Quite what I was looking for,for the most part! And No!I don't have a bow with a 175 Yard Pin on it!

The Archery Hunters started Their BS with me many years ago!

They are still Whinning about the LE Elk Rifle Hunt being the best Hunt,I've been on LE Elk Units for many years,Don't tell me that the Tail end of the StickFlipper LE Elk Hunts ain't Good & that Bulls ain't Screaming,but that ain't good enough,the StickFlippers seem to want the Entire RUT,well put in for the ANY WEAPON Hunt & Hunt with Your Bow if you want an Easy Hunt!:D

Another Question sw?

Several Years ago,they decided to decimate Lions in the Book Cliffs,for the most part Mission Accomplished!

Ya,there's still a few Lions around but they thinned em perty much out,but the Deer Herd never Improved,WTF?

Don't even tell me it's not PISS POOR MANAGEMENT!

I'll make you a bet sw?

I'm talking a Money bet!

There ain't near the Lions left in Utah as You claim there are!

That Excuse of the Lions killing all the Deer in TARDville is gettin old with me!

If it's So,them Lions are wearing DWR Jackets & Orange Shirts!

Bull I dont have a say on how the division came up with the numbers. I left after the bucks and bulls part. So I apparently missed the part about how anise said he was a liar and doesn't do field counts. Why dont you get me up to speed. I just have a hard time calling someone a liar when it comes to their job. I think most people when it comes to their job they do the best they can. Especially a job where they pay quite a bit to schooling.

Killing off the herd, Does give you opportunity for the cow hunters. look at the result's. Anise said we just have to create opportunity units "that is just the reality" so what do they do? create the unit's wasatch,manti,fish lake (proven disaster)

1.Opportunity goes up for ONE YEAR for cow hunters.

2.Opportunity goes down for the spike hunters. (next years calf crop)

3. Opportunity for LE goes down

4. Opportunity for archery either sex goes down.

5. Opportunity for Quality goes Down

I could go on for days!!!!!!

LAST EDITED ON Apr-22-11 AT 08:48AM (MST)[p]Bob

sw?
"Fight the Archery Issue"?

LMAO!

I RAZZ the StickFlippers & Have Fun Doing So,Sensitive bunch of PLICKS!

There is nothing good that comes about razzing when it comes to this stuff especially if you want to see a deer herd with any bucks in it. Sit at the table and start making intelligent decisions. We all want better bucks to shoot!

The Archery Hunters started Their BS with me many years ago!

They are still Whinning about the LE Elk Rifle Hunt being the best Hunt,I've been on LE Elk Units for many years,Don't tell me that the Tail end of the StickFlipper LE Elk Hunts ain't Good & that Bulls ain't Screaming,but that ain't good enough,the StickFlippers seem to want the Entire RUT,well put in for the ANY WEAPON Hunt & Hunt with Your Bow if you want an Easy Hunt!

For me bess its not about having an easier hunt with a bull during the rut. It comes to common sense. This is the issue to me. 90%+ rate weapon in the rut with the most tags issued = the cream shot out every year before the cream has a chance to breed and pass on the genetics to grow big horns. It then leaves loads of undesirable smaller bulls no one wants to shoot to do the breading year after year. guess what those bulls get way old and do screw up the age objectives especially if you are the type that looks at the inch data. Then you have to ask yourself what happed to the quality?

Another Question sw?

Several Years ago,they decided to decimate Lions in the Book Cliffs,for the most part Mission Accomplished!

Ya,there's still a few Lions around but they thinned em perty much out,but the Deer Herd never Improved,WTF?

What are you talking about the deer herd never improved in the books. The deer herd in the books is thriving the elk herd in the books is thriving. I see more damn deer out there then I do anywhere in this state.

I try to avoid these posts, but every once in a while I get roped in.

First, I don't believe anyone should be able to tell someone what a trophy is, what a nice buck is and so on, especially on a public resource. Someone telling me on a public resources what is big enough and whats not is hard to take.

I have dreams about big bucks, big bulls and the record book, but one of my best "trophy's" was my first buck a 7 inch spike deer. I was so proud of it that I put his horns on a plaque.

I have not shot a spike deer since.

There is way more to hunting in my family than trophy inches. I am concerned that my son and daughter won't be able to hunt deer this year due to the tag cuts. I could care less if I get a tag but it will be very dishearting if they don't.

I like to hunt deer and so does my family so people telling me that there is plenty of oppurtunity to hunt spike elk misses the point. We hunt elk also but truely like to hunt deer.

I am all for cutting tags if it helps the herd. I was all for a closure on the Book Cliffs when they closed it down. The Divisions number said there were 2 buck per 100 does and my speculation seemed to concur. No Bucks is not healthy

Cutting buck tags for the sake of trophy menatality doesn't help the deer herd. That subject has been hashed out to the end so I won't bring it up again.

Last year my daughter had a chance at a three point buck. 5 seconds longer and see could have shot. We did see a really nice buck also but it was to far to get too in time. So how can someone tell me the average person doesn't have this chance. No we didn't have the chance every moring and every evening at three point or better but we had our chance.

I don't buy into the DWR numbers that they are the end all save all but I do buy into them more than someones speculation.

Last thing. Going to Vernal for our turkey hunt. From the Dam to Heber I saw what seemed like a 1000 deer (it was close to that number). My kids couldn't believe how many deer there were. on the way home two days later through the same area we saw maybe 30 deer. So what speculation is correct. Is there a 1000 deer or is there 30 deer. At least the division trys to come up with some numbers.

WOW sw!

You are more Secluded than I thought!

There will always be a couple/few decent Bucks taken in the Book Cliffs!

But on average,mostly PISSCUTTERS being shot with PISS POOR Genetics!

Thriving My Ass!

>LAST EDITED ON Apr-21-11
>AT 11:21?PM (MST)

>
>Catman
>
>I know the cats have got
>to be one of the
>hardest animals in Utah to
>get a correct number on.
>I also know a few
>years ago on the foothills
>in front of Mt timpanogos
>from AF canyon to Provo
>canyon they killed 20-40 cats
>in one year. I dont
>even think the division new
>there were that many cats
>up there. So lets just
>say if you applied
>this guess to the whole
>state I would say there
>are way more cats then
>people really knew.
>
>Guess what happened to the deer
>herds up there? Guess what
>happened to the sheep herds
>up there?
>
>They all went up and they
>didn't even target the coyotes...
>
>
>More importantly to a deer hunter
>the buck to doe ratio
>also went up. Go figure!
>
>
>You know me and Ive told
>you this before. I also
>dont think we should kill
>the crap out of the
>cats either. So dont get
>your he-string in a bunch.:p
> Maybe you should bring
>those dogs of yours out
>here and ill show you
>a few tracks they can
>chase.
>
>My point is if you also
>look at the big picture
>you will see that this
>archery only area has loads
>of big ol cats that
>no one even hunts and
>it still has loads of
>big ol bucks... So again
>somewhere in the middle there
>is common ground where you
>can run your hounds till
>there pads wear off and
>you can still hunt big
>bucks. So why do you
>and your bro fight the
>archery issue? Why put down
>one of the best tools
>for opportunity and quality out?
>
>
>I know your contemplating burning a
>few points on an archery
>LE tag!
>
>By the way do what good
>brothers do and slap your
>brother for me!!:7
>
>
>

sw

i gotta get in here was it 20 or 40 cats killed?

big spread . should be some REAL numbers somewhere!!

Bess, lions dont have a thing to do with genetics.. Lions see steak running around, they dont discrimate against ugly/no headgear.

There are ALOT of deer and ALOT of elk in the books.. I'd say the lions are not a problem down there.. Coyotes on the other hand...

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Right on justr!

I told the DWR that decades ago!

But nobody seems to listen!

sw & others just keep doing multiplication & adding up where all the Deer went!

Sure Lions Eat,just like sw eats,just like others eat!

Ya we got Lions,not in near the numbers sw dreams about though!

Well sw!!!

Show me all the Great/SUPER/OUTSTANDING Genetics in the Book Cliffs Deer herd!

Hell Sakes!

justr lives here,maybe He can show them to me?

On average the Genetics/Average size of Buck taken on the Book Cliffs is PISS POOR!

LAST EDITED ON Apr-25-11 AT 10:45PM (MST)[p]b-bop you said "Ya,there's still a few Lions around but they thinned em perty much out,but the Deer Herd never Improved,WTF?"

my response was "What are you talking about the deer herd never improved in the books. The deer herd in the books is thriving the elk herd in the books is thriving. I see more damn deer out there then I do anywhere in this state."

Jstr said "Bess, lions dont have a thing to do with genetics.. Lions see steak running around, they dont discrimate against ugly/no headgear.
There are ALOT of deer and ALOT of elk in the books.. I'd say the lions are not a problem down there.."
Why? Cause they shot the crap out of them!!!!!

You said "Right on justr! I told the DWR that decades ago! But nobody seems to listen! " and I ??? your reading and comp skills. Now were up to speed I think....

Like always you missed the key points of even your own posts. We "jstr" and "myself" never said you will have better quality with less cats! You will however have a thriving deer herd. A herd that has lots more "does" and "fawns". You will have a deer herd with high numbers of deer. Which can translate into more bucks down the road. The books is a great example of this. YOU even said they killed the crap out of the cats out there and I see loads of deer. So I believe you!!

Like always if you want more or better horns you have to control "man". Man is the only thing that hurts the quality!!! You turn a bunch of tards loose on a LE elk unit with a gun in the rut and they will shoot the high end genetics out of an elk herd. You turn a bunch of tards loose on a deers winter range "bookcliffs rifle hunt" and they will shoot the genetics out of a herd.

You continually prove my points over and over again!!! If you would quite fighting me on the key issues you will have your "big bucks" and I will have my "opportunity". 33% 33% 33% general deer tag allocations. Move the rifle hunt out of the rut for elk and move to a system more like Arizonas.

It is possible to have "my" opportunity and "your" quality!!!!!!!!!! We dont need to shoot all the cats either to see the quality of the horns improve!!!

Bess whether you want to believe it or now you and I are on the same page we both want more, and better quality. We both like to hunt the cats. We both like to hunt monster bulls. We both dont shoot pisscutters!

Well sw!

After they started the LE Unit in the Book Cliffs I've seen the Quality on a Slow Downward trend!

Sure You'll have years/weather effect Herds that you have No Control over!

But it's just like everywhere/everything else in this State,over hunted/too many Tags issued & more by the year when in fact the Unit/Units can't take any more pressure/Thinning!

I hear people every year SCREAMING for a management Hunt in the Books,I agree there's a few Bucks that need to be thinned,problem is,everybody that Pulls a Book Cliff Deer Tag has one thing on their mind = 30"+ Buck,very few achieve that Goal!

The Unit is getting hit way harder than it can withstand!

Sure you can see Deer/Bucks,but mostly PISSCUTTERS!

Several years ago if they'd of let average age of the Bucks go up by just 2 years you'd of seen one Hell of a difference in the size of Bucks being Harvested,But Hell no,let's turn it in to an Opportunity/$$$ Hunt/Unit & over hunt that SOB like you ain't never seen!

If you only knew what Impact the Coyotes had on that Unit sw You would quickly change your thinkin on the Lions,yes there are Lions,just not in near the numbers you're thinking!

Just like Beav mentions above,TARDS & DWR are the biggest Predators!

The fish and game just put the Wasatch on the path to becoming the next Fish Lake when it comes to Elk. Nice work fish and game.

>Do a search on packout or
>just pm him he has
>those numbers. I dont give
>a rip either way.
>
>
>

you remember when you told me coyotes don't kill deer ?
i don't think lions kill deer.

The Wasatch is 1000 animals over objective, not counting the new calves...

The elk are having very negative effects on the winter range, bring the number down to where they dont overgraze it and keep from killing all the elk and deer in one bad winter. Makes sense to me.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

So the elk heard kept a pretty constant three year average, then for some unexplained reason jumped 1000 plus in 2010? Just what happened to cause such a jump? Could it be that when the biologists did there flying count where they projected they only saw 80% of the herd, were wrong in their count. So adding another 20% just perpetuated the bad count? So to bring the b.s. number back to where they say it should be, they offer up 3000 cow tags? Just what in the hell makes sense about that? Did you not see what bad numbers on the fish and games part did to the Fish Lake unit?

Hell Ya I seen what Their BS did to the Fish Lake Unit!

It's time Boys!

We gonna Stomp the Wasatch out!

They been slowly workin on it now for several years!

But this 'TOO MANY COWS' BS Logic is total BS!

Counting Kill-able Elk(Calves!) before they hit the Ground,now that's perty Damn Low right there just to Justify their BS!

Alot of TARDS will Suck the BS in though in hopes of getting a Tag,Hope they enjoy the Shootout with TARDS/Orange everywhere!

Hope all the Opportunists are Happy when We have one more LE Unit destroyed!

I didn't attend the central rac meeting, but here are my thoughts on the increased deer numbers. First off...why is it that when sportsmen pick up a rifle, bow, muzz, or any weapon think they HAVE to shoot something. IMHO it is up to the sportsmen to help with the numbers, if we want to see mature animals, ease off the trigger and let the smaller bucks alone. Don't buy a depredation tag, leave the does. Also all you bench living, winter range inhabitants, Ace grabbers, move off the winter range - tear your house down down and do more. I don't think any flippin organization can help anymore than the sportsman.

I agree that sportsman can make a difference by choosing to eat tag soup. I did it for a cow elk last year on the wasatch and plan on doing it again this year. I have a selfish motive hoping that any cows I save may mother the bull of my dreams a few years down the road.

Same theory applies to shooting young bucks.. We need to let them them live.

Hey Prism!

For many & several years I done the:"Save a Doe" Plan!

I think I failed!

They just issued more Tags!

Wished everybody would band together & do the same thing!

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom