Champion tree farm in Washington

B

bugle1in

Hey guys, has anyone hunted the late muzz season in the champion tree farm for deer?

I didn't hunt the late season but was working in there,we must have been in the hot spot because there were13 deer taken in two days just on the short spur rd. we were on. mostly 2pts. but 2 nice 4pts. we were logging in the area during the sept. bull rut and saw shooter bulls everyday one was a 9by8. we would bugle every morning about 5am. every time we would get at least 3 to answer.

That makes the job FUN!!! I work inside and only wish to be able to do that before work. I apply for the special hunts every year but havn't been drawn. I have been thinking about hunting the late muzz hunt and was wondering how the success is. Wasn't sure how crowded it was either. Can I get ahold of you if I ever get lucky enough to draw the limited tag? I have a really good freind that has been hunting up there his whole life with his family. He know the place like his back yard. Wouldn't be surprised if you a have run into him. Do you hunt it during the regular season?

i didn't hunt the regular season but was working there. i would be more than happy to help on a bull hunt but for deer there were you find em. i only live 20min. away. i got drawed for deer 2 years ago and got a 3pt. on the 2nd. day. i put in for elk only now on the late muzz. its not to hard to get a deer. i eas up there today and saw a couple of bucks and 1 bull. just sent off my acess permit money so i can hunt cougar thats almost gaurteed anymore. we were working up by blackdiamond and isaw a lic. plate i think that said bugleemin or itwas real close. i hope you draw its a real nice hunt. my only suggestion is use a c.b. there is alot of log trucks up there. let me know if i can help you.

Yeah, the deer are tough to keep track of. Do you use a call for cougars? I will continue to put in for the elk hunt. I am sure the odds are terrible but it sure would be worth it. 20 minutes away? I live in Sumner, fairly close. The license plate you saw wasn't mine. I have seen it before though. Check your in box.

I know this is gonna sound stupid but i didnt even know i had a in box. your gonna have to help me out here on this one. i'm just a tree cutter lucky to be able to turn this thing on. i live in roy but sounds like you are just as close if you can get through little puyallup[orting].

That's ok. I didn't know either. Click on messege board main page. Then click on in-box. You have to be signed in to see it.
I wanted to find out if you knew a buddy of mine who is up there a lot.

no i dont know him. its usally dark on the way in and out. i just got my permit back so i will probably be up there towards the end of the week for cats. i used a hypher cow call over in rimrock 3yrs. ago and shot a 7ft male. my whole crew and i hunt muzzle loader elk on the east side. we have't been all that lucky the last 2yrs 2for7 in 01 and 3for7 in02. pack forest is usally pretty fair for late deer unit 654 in eatonville.we tried deer in naches but that season is too early . my parents live in okanogan so we go over there for coytes when it gets cold. lots of nice muleys over there but not much for blackpowder hunting.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom