Chances of Killin a Whitetail

W

woodtick

Me and couple buddys are headin to unit 97 next weekend and were wondering about the whitetail density in this unit?

TICK
TALL, WIDE, AND HANDSOME

LAST EDITED ON Nov-18-09 AT 12:51PM (MST)[p]As a rule, whitetails are not normally dense animals and I would see no reason there would be any difference in unit 97. However, in November their plumbin does the thinkin and you might see they are quite a bit denser then usual at that time of year. I have had them run up to me and face me down on the trail. I swear his eye brow raised and he had a lusty glint in his eye. Good thing I wasnt wearing doe pee. I have also heard about them running smack into the side of a vehicle...pretty dense I'd say. So all in all I would say your chances are pretty good next weekend!

Sorry Mr. Tick, I couldnt help a wise crack

Hey woodtick how did the hunting go in 97? I too have wondered if the whitetail hunting would be any good in this area. Just wondering how you did and what kind of deer you saw. I am on a crusade to find an area to hunt and hopefully kill a decent whitetail buck without paying to hunt on private land. There has to be somewhere in wyoming where a guy can go hunt whitetails and have decent shot at taking a nice buck. And I have hunted the black hills many times before, way over hunted and not very many mature deer. Too much private property. PM me and let me know what you thought of the area. Thanks and happy thanksgiving.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom