Cheaters off of a cheater

gznokes

Very Active Member
I saw a buck the other day with a forked cheater and it got me wondering, what is the most cheaters coming off of a single cheater people have seen or have pictures of.

I trolled around a little bit online and found this pic from Outdoor Life. This buck appears to have 7 cheaters of of what looks to be one main cheater.

500mount.jpg

I would not want to be a guy on the panel to score that. No matter how you do it, someone is going to argue about it!

That thing is crazy!

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

>I would not want to be
>a guy on the panel
>to score that. No matter
>how you do it, someone
>is going to argue about
>it!
>
>That thing is crazy!
>
>Mntman

+1
Ain't that the truth!
Zeke

Awesome looking set, But ugly as he11, But I like it.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

"Awesome looking set, But ugly as he11, But I like it."

Gator.... You sound just like a couple of my old drinking buddies at around 1:00am....... Terry

>I would not want to be
>a guy on the panel
>to score that. No matter
>how you do it, someone
>is going to argue about
>it!
>
>That thing is crazy!
>
>Mntman
>

That is the Dewdney buck and yup it was crazy at the panel. They couldn't get the same score twice. Original entry score was in the 380's. At the end of the panel it landed in the #2 spot.

I can understand a cheater or two, but that just looks fake. Don't get me wrong, I like fake ones. This looks like one that has "gone wrong".

I'm not one for telling my grandson how big of turd I had to pinch off from having to eat so much meat. I want to give him the antlers that hang from my wall and tell him the unforgettable experience that came with each and every one.

It ain't fake. That is the B&C #2 in the world. It was killed in British Columbia well over 100 years ago.

Dewdney1.jpg

Dewdney2.jpg

I've heard arguments about changing the scoring system such that you simple dunk them in water and measure the displacement. I'm guessing that one would be hard to beat. 1/2 moose hybrid?

Thanks for posting!!!

Just about every hunt that i have ever gone on, i take it seriously that there is a chance that i might come across a buck like that one. I may only get one fleeting shot and he may be a bit farther than i would normally care to shoot but i want to be prepared. This is why i get so anal about knowing exactly where my bullet is going to hit a varied distances and have backed that info up with that from the hundred or so big game animals taken and the countless hours of practice.

I may never or only get one chance... yet i'll not be surprised or unprepared if it ever does. Wow!!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

>I've heard arguments about changing the
>scoring system such that you
>simple dunk them in water
>and measure the displacement.
>I'm guessing that one would
>be hard to beat.
>1/2 moose hybrid?

That would be the Burkett scoring system.

That thing really scored 380! I love to shoot an elk that scored close to that someday. Thanks for posting never seen a mule deer that big.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom