Check your return card

B

BigSurArcher

Some smart guy on another site found that in huntnevada.com his report card "found" more records than it shows for tags he's drawn over the years. Could it be that the extra record found is possibly this year's tag that isn't shown yet?

Some others chimed in and there is mixed results.

My dad, my buddy, and I applied for deer as a party. Each of ours shows 1 more record found than what's shown. What's really interesting is that my buddy has never drawn a tag in NV, and it says "1 record found/ 0 records shown". Mine says "3 records found/ 2 records shown". My dad's says "6 records found/ 5 records shown". It appears that our party drew deer tags, but no other species were drawn among us.

Check yours and report back!

www.bowhuntingetc.blogspot.com

LAST EDITED ON May-23-12 AT 08:41PM (MST)[p]I'm showing 10 records found and 9 total tags since 1990... 4 on first page, 5 on second.

I'm in for everything, but deer is most probable...

I sure hope you are not getting me all excited over nothing because I show a similar result

2 records found 1 showing

Dads says 8 found and only 7 show

LAST EDITED ON May-23-12 AT 08:41PM (MST)[p]Mine says 3 records found and 3 show.

Member RMEF, Pope & Young Club, UBNM, UWC & the SFW Hate Club

Well on the other site there are residents with 2 more than what's shown, and others have the same # found as shown... so it's gotta mean something... I hope. Really thought I was gonna get to hunt antelope this year though.

www.bowhuntingetc.blogspot.com

Mine shows 9 records, 6 show! I put in solo. Theres no way I drew 3 speices. Is there? My wife would kill me! LOL

Just checked mine, 1 found/0 showing, hope that means we drew our archery deer tags, now just a wait to find out which unit.

LAST EDITED ON May-23-12 AT 09:03PM (MST)[p]Texted a friend who is on one of the county boards. He said the draw was conducted today.

If this backdoor method is correct, there is no love from Nevada for me in 2012.

Best of luck to all that have drawn!

Just checked my brothers his says 1 record found and it shows his elk tag from last year so I believe this is true!

So is mine a antelope or mule deer tag?

Well lets hope its true because i have 19 records and have only drawn 16 Nevada tags!

>Well lets hope its true because
>i have 19 records and
>have only drawn 16 Nevada
>tags!

That means you and I both drew 3 tags. Now Im not buying it. Dang it.

LAST EDITED ON May-23-12 AT 09:19PM (MST)[p]well i have two deer points and put 6 archery for deer, have two points for cow elk and put in archery for 075, plus i have 14 points for all my sheep and goats so i guess mine could be possible?

Plus i just checked my wifes, she had 5 records hand has had 5 tags so if it adds up i got 3, wife got skunked.

>well i have two deer points
>and put 6 archery for
>deer, have two points for
>cow elk and put in
>archery for 075, plus i
>have 14 points for all
>my sheep and goats so
>i guess mine could be
>possible?

Wow! you do have a shot. I have 4 deer. 7 Elk, 7 sheep, 7 goat. I shouldent be getting this jacked up at bed time. You guys are killing me.

Mine shows 2 records, one showing. An antelope tag from a few years ago. Interesting, wish I would have checked before the draw,

Rich

Interesting..........wish I knew what mine said yesterday, right now it says 11 but only shows 9. I know I have a VERY good chance of drawing both Resi Bull Elk and Deer this year so maybe there is something to it?

I would like to think its correct because if the theory is correct it looks like I have drawn. The thing that makes me doubt its correct is several people on multiple boards are claiming it shows they drew multiple tags. With Nevada's system I just don't think the odds are there for that.

I just looked at My Application history. The tag numbers dont jive. with the records shown. In my history I show 8 tags. My return card says 9 records. Only 6 show.

Well, if it's true, then I drew 2 tags. I put in for Archery Antelope, Early Deer, Archery Elk and Bear. My brother shows that he drew one as well and we put in for a party tag. Hoping for the 065 deer. Good luck everyone

If it's true, then I'm bummed. But happy for one of my buddies. Mine shows 4/4. Buddy Jeff's 5/5. Buddy Craig's 5/4. Have to wait and see what happens.

Don P

I have never drawn a Nevada tag ever and mine says

1 record/page 1 of 1

My buddy I put in every year says

0 records found

Don't know if it means anything, but if neither of us drew, they should be the same?

hunter433 - log onto your information on huntnevada.com. Under the return card portion, look at the bottom - it should say how many records found, then count the number of records that are actually there.

Mine shows 19 records found, but only shows 17. Very likely that I drew the tags I applied for deer and antelope.

141, 143, 151-156 antelope (4 points)
15 early deer - only 480 first choice apps last year and over 700 tags this year.

I also have 7 points for desert, 2 for cali and rocky, 6 for goat, none for elk, and 1 for bear.

Will see how it pans out.

Holy crap! 20 plus years of putting in for Nevada and now a backdoor? If what is says is true, I just got 2 NR tags. Only 2 weeks of vacation, my wife going back and forth overseas for work, small kids, and sure thing WY tags....it's going to be fun figuring this season out.

Checked mine. 7 records found and 7 showing which means 0 if its true. My sons are different. Both have records showing plus one which means tag for both my boys??? Big iffff.

I checked my family's and out of four applicants my son is the only one that had more than what was showing. If this holds true I sure hope he got his bull or sheep! Always a great time anticipating. We will all know sometime Friday....Best of luck to you all!!!

REMEMBER.....keep your kids involved!!!!!
Hunting is a family thing!!!

TC

Man, I don't know. if true that means me and my 3 boys all drew 1 tag each and my daughter did not draw.
Could this really be?
Jeez, I hope so.

Ok, I did it too, my wife says were all crazy!!!! I show two extra and my son shows one extra, he is under 15, Jr deer? I then called two buddies and had them check, both matched # of found to the amount in column. If this has any truth, I only put in for deer party, but my buddies show nothing, so the others were bull elk, silver state elk and silver state antelope, drew general antelope 2 years ago. I would ##### if I drew a silver state tag! I will post friday>

Well I don't know what to think.

Mine shows 22/20

wife shows 14/13

youngest son 5/5 but he didn't apply this year

oldest son shows 10/9 but I am pretty sure he did points only. It's the middle of the night where he is so I can't verify.

I'm skeptical.

Checking further, my other party member for deer shows 1 more record than what is shown. Must indicate a deer tags for us. Another guy that I usually put in with, who put in separately, appears to have drawn nothing.

I wonder how many times I am going to check the huntnevada site over the next day or so?

YES....It will start at 8. Just image all the people working (or should be)logged into Huntnevada.com at 8

lol

Ok. I show 6 records and have hunted 4 years. Put in for deer, antelope, and elk. It is probably the deer and antelope if this is true.

Good luck everyone.

I read somewhere that they would draw on the 24th and post on the 25th. Since they apparently did the draw today is it possible that they could post tomorrow?

Slim chance that it would post Thursday. They run a verification to make sure everything ran through without any hiccups. Friday is the safest bet for everything to be posted. But hey you never know sometimes. I believe it will be Friday but I guarantee I will check tomorrow....lol

TC

Mine's showing 8 found, lists 7. Buddy who has never put in before is showing 1 found, lists 0. Another buddy who did not put in with me shows 0 found and lists 0. One of his party members shows 9 found but lists 8, his other tag was Sheep. Looks like he might be on that Bighorn tangent this year.

NOPE... 2 records 1 showing, however I only drew once!
how do you explain the other record?

Looks like I drew either deer or antegoat in Nevada if this backdoor thing pans out! I kinda think it will work out. Seems to match up from what im seein.

Mine shows 0 records found and I applied for several hunts this year and have for several years. Don't know why I have 0 records.

jhawksd...

That is what my buddies shows, I presume it is 0 because zero drawn?

As I stated prior I am in the exact point/application situation as him but mine says "1 record found".

If you were a webmaster for a wildlife department, think of the fun you could have messing with people around draw time..... :)

I've drawn 4 Non-Resident tags in Nevada over the years and mine says 5 records found...so who knows!

Just checked mine and it too is showing 2 records found and I have only ever drawn once in my life. This will be interesting to see how it pans out. Will check my dad's here shortly and see what his says as well.

Last year was the first year I applied (deer and sheep) and wasn't drawn. This year I applied for deer, elk, and sheep (Cali and Desert). Mine just says 0 Records Found.

Mine just shows 0 reords found. Whats up with that? I put in for deer, elk, antelope and sheep. This is my 1st year to apply.

For those of you who are showing the same number of results as records found, you didn't draw a tag (if this "backdoor" is correct). Or if you show 0 records found and this is your first year puting in, you probably didn't draw any tags. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

LAST EDITED ON May-24-12 AT 08:25AM (MST)[p] I checked my sons out and this is his first year putting in abd. His says 1 Record Found / Page 1 of 1.

LAST EDITED ON May-24-12 AT 08:22AM (MST)[p]Bowman, is that a guess or do you know for sure? I've drawn 1 tag previously and mine has 3 found/1 listed. Mylittle brother has 0 records found and this is his first year applying.

My son put in for points only. His shows 10 found but only lists 9. So did they just give him a sheep tag to be nice?

I'm STILL skeptical.

Hey Elkohunter, maybe they gave my son a tag because I was on my CAB at one time. ;-)

I have been applying for about 8 years for all species and i have 0 records showing. The other tabs have my draw history etc

mc-Like I said, if this proves to be true, then you drew 2 tags and your brother drew nothing. I only know what I have read from this forum. Nothing is certain until you get results off of Hunt Nevada. It's pretty straight forward if you read all of the previous posts on this topic.

I call BS, both my dad and I show "1 found" for our tag in 03. If we got skunked again I am totally amazed. We put in separate too? If this is true I am headed to Reno to play Keno and bet on "10 numbers nogt getting picked" and win a million. Lol goog luck everyone!

cuz you have never recieved a tag. If you had one last year it would show one record.

this is the return card tab. If a guy fails to return his card
would it still show as a record?
I counted tags received from the application ;history tab and they don't add up for me or my son.
My son shows 10 records but has only recieved 9 tags in his history and has always returned his questionaire.
IDK

Bowman - somehow I missed the part about "If this is correct". Hopefully it's correct. :)

This thread has the feel of a bunch of school kids on Christmas Eve LOL.
If this idea pans out I should draw 2 tags. Tomorrow will tell the tale! Good Luck!

LAST EDITED ON May-24-12 AT 09:01AM (MST)[p]OK, you guys broke it. Now mine shows 5 records and 5 tags. Last night it was 22/20.

edit:
and my wifes shows 9/9 and last night showed 10/9

I think they closed the door

Interesting, so I went and checked my dad's and his was only showing 3 records with the number of tags he has drawn in his life. I went back to mine and now it's only showing 1 record found instead of two. Hmmm just going to have to wait for the results to come out and see.

Checked another guy I put in..

1st year NR applying for all species 0 RECORDS FOUND

My other NR buddy for all species (4PP) 0 RECORDS FOUND

Mine (NR) for all species (4PP) 1 RECORD FOUND.

None of us has ever drawn a NV tag.

I would guess that there is something to this??

Gentlemen,

Everyone go check again, it appears that all records have changed now. I am seeing 6 total, and showing 6. last night i was showing 8 but only displaying 6. this is a problem because i only applied for 1 tag and bought points for everything else. so it would be impossible to have drawn 2 tags. that puts a hole in the theory right there.

Furthermore i went in this morning and my numbers have changed as well as all my friends. i am afraid you guys got your hopes up for nothing.

they fixed there screw up....Permature on their part.
kinda like CALI draw 3 or 5 yrs ago they posted results
5 days early for 18 min.. I put a call they can't help til
late today because system won't let them look at accounts.9per the operator.

Ya we broke it, 10 min ago i was able to see the number of records and now it isn't showing anything.... still don't know what that means other than someone from NDOW looked at the forum this morning and had an Oh ##### moment

Guys,

THIS WAS NOT A BACK DOOR. Here is why.

Last night, it was saying 8 records with 6 showing. by your theories this means that I drew 2 tags, which is impossible. I only applied for deer and bought points for everything else. I hate spoiling the party, but my guess is that it didnt mean anything. especially since there are 2 nonres on here who by the theory drew 3 tags. bravo sierra.

ok I am sure that meant something not sure what now site shows me nothing..
It was like seeing a big present under the Christmas Tree and getting to touch its, shake it hold it to see if you could figure out what it is.....only to find out it was fuzzy slipper and PJ's from Grand Ma!
WELL TOMORROW IS Christmas at 8 am!!

Just checked mine again. It shows my one deer tag but no longer makes any mention of number of records found like last night

do you think the hunt app office would bother going on and changing or delete that info if it didn't mean something?
If we were all up in the night about this they would just be laughing at us. Unless of course there were so many of us checking that we were crashing they system. lol

I knew it. I thought it was strange that the theory had me drawing 2 tags. Would have been cool to be handed a silver state tag for not applying.

If it had anything to do with the draw I am not sure that they would admit it! Seems odd that they would change anything on it if it did not mean anything?

LAST EDITED ON May-24-12 AT 10:27AM (MST)[p]B82,you're such a party pooped. But you're probably right.

But its kinda like foreplay... sometimes that's better than reality. :)

NVB,

I know!! hahaha, thats what my buddies have been telling me all morning. because by all accounts if it was true then one of my close friends drew cali sheep tag. which lets be honest, would be amazing. unfortunately i think my rhetoric got to him and now he is in a spiraling depression.

Im just a realist guys, but... throw a spare tag my way!! I aint complaining!

Well everyone, as we say up here in Redmond, "they had a bug" and it was fixed this morning. You'll be able to confirm your suspicions tomorrow. Some of you that showed more records than listings in your report cards will be very happy. BTW - I didn't draw anything. :-(

Thanks for giving me hope again!!!
Mine was saying "zero records"

I don't have a tag yet for this fall so come on UT & NV!!!

I also have my doubts. It showed 3 more records for me, which I was kinda anticipating a few tags with the points I have and the units I put in for. My kid showed 1 more record and it is his 2nd year, so that could hold true. My dad however was showing 3 more records, but only put in deer and antelope, and bought a point for elk. That's where Im not soo sure. And my brother didn't show extra records and with 1 bonus point and the archery tags nearly triple for the unit he put in for, I just don't know how much I beleive. It's going to be a long 24 hrs ain't it boys.

>Thanks for giving me hope again!!!
>
>Mine was saying "zero records"
>
>I don't have a tag yet
>for this fall so come
>on UT & NV!!!

Check your bank statement for Utah's results. They've already taken money from me.

.... and if this back door method is correct then I also have a tag in Nevada.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom