Chopper found missing scout!!!

GOD BLESS, I bet he'll have some storie's to tell, hope it doesn't turn him off to the outdoor's.

I think this little 11 yr old earned his survival merit badge the hard way. Many prayers were answered.

and i heard it was searchers on horseback. however they found him, we can just be gald it turned out the way it did.

thankfully he is safe but they should take away his survival merit badge if he gets lost that easy. Did anyone check to see if the scoutmaster was missing during the same time period :)? Anyway glad it turned out with good results no matter how he was found

I heard yesterday right after he was found. It literally gave me chills and made the hair on my arm stand up. Awesome.

heard he called for a delivery from a pizza place on his cell phone, ordered pitza to be lelivered DA. it was accualy the pizza guy who found him,
not much of a scout if you ask me, how in the hell do you get lost.
bets are it was all a set up,

I think he has some mental issues that made it hard for him to find his way back. I think that the scoutmasters should have watched him a lot more and made sure he didn't wander off. I would say it looks fishy as well, but a kid with some problems wouldn't be to hard imagining getting lost. Good thing they found him alive and well, much props to the searchers and volunteers.

>I think this little 11 yr
>old earned his survival merit
>badge the hard way.
>Many prayers were answered.

My Sentiments exactly!!!!

No Gut's...No Story!!!

He is 11 years old. We all had mental issues at that age. It's called being a kid. I have gotten turned around before and I'm 38. They said he told them that he saw someone on a horse and was afraid to yell to them. I was a scout leader for a while and when the kids come in at 12 they are about immature as can be. But by the time they turn 14 you can see a big difference.

Maybe they need to come out with a GPS merit badge.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-23-05 AT 07:26AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jun-23-05 AT 07:24 AM (MST)

They can say what they want, I believe he probably has some sort of mental handicap. His parents made a special statement regarding their son's development. I believe it was "he is socially immature but not mentally handicapped", take that for what you will but if you need to specify your son's capacities, then that tells me he has some kind of issues. Obviously anyone can get turned around, but not being there altogether can make it harder to find your way back. And no, when I was thirteen I don't think I got lost walking 100 yards back to camp.

piranha, you're not really worth my time but I think I can muster up a few minutes to waste on someone as pathetic as yourself. Give it a rest! People get lost, and whether this young man has a handicap or not, or whether he is just like MOST (not all, you were camando by the age of three)young boys is not the important thing. He is home safe and so many good people got up and dropped what they were doing to pull together and help someone in need. This boy did the people of Utah some real good by being lost. I think it opens all of our eyes in many ways. Yes it reminds us that whether our own children or those we are incharge of on scout or youth camps we must do all we can to prepare and inform them of what to do when and if they get seperated. Him being lost also opens all of our eyes to the fact that good people can make a differance, how many people do you think went to work on tuesday thinking I can't go help look, and by the way he has been gone four days, he won't make it. Also reminds us that we are not alone in this life, and that whether you believe in God or some other supreme being, someone is watching and miricles do happen.

borntohunt

Great comments Borntohunt! I just wish that everyone was blessed with Elkmaster's navigational skills. I guarantee that there is not one person on this site that hasn't been lost before or atleast turned around(ok, maybe not Elkmaster cuz he's such a badass). It's hard to believe some of the a$$holes that come on here with their mindless thoughts. It's nothing short of a miracle that so many people volunteered to help look for him and that they were able to find him. Many thanks to all who participated in the search, Godbless.

Elkmaster... What an ass you are. I was up on the search every day, and with the father when he got the news that his boy was found. That was one of the greatest feelings that I have ever had. I hope you were only kidding with your set up comment, but if not, you truly are an unfeeling bastard. Better to keep that comment to yourself...KW

borntohunt,
you should change your name to borntobitchandmoan, honestly you take offense to anything. I was just saying that since he has some "issues", (is it okay if I say that?) that the scoutleader should have been watching him and making sure he found his way back. You aren't worth explaining anymore, honestly sounds like you should maybe get some couseling. By the way did you go up to look? If so, what was your name? I was up there looking for two days with my friend and his dad, and the fact he had issues didn't deter me, what was your excuse you pathetic POS?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom