chucker

>where to find chuckers near Jordan
>valley

I've seen Chukars driving around many of those gravel rounds in the evening time outside of jordan valley.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-03-19 AT 07:38PM (MST)[p]Why don't you burn several thousand dollars in gas, go through 3 sets of tires a year, hike hundreds of miles in the snow, rain & mud stumbling up and down steep canyons slipping & tripping over icy rocks while your shotgun goes flying out in front of you and gets busted up , spend a few nights freezing yer ass off sleeping in your truck that's stuck in the mud or snow somewhere out in BFE where there ain't nobody gonna be coming past until possibly april/may, carry a few busted up birdawgs a few miles back to the truck and then to the vet so you can give the vet a grand or two to patch him up. test yer skills with pullin' porkypine quills out of a high strung in perfect shape
birdawg.
Try paying a thousand bucks for a pup and spend months of time and effort training it just to find out it couldn't smell a rank fart if it had its nose up yer ass when you ripped it.

Do all of the above and you will know where to find Chukars around J.V.
Believe it or not Its really a hell of a lot fun!

LAST EDITED ON Oct-06-19 AT 11:48AM (MST)[p]>Runamuk...important question, did you kill
>any birds?
>
>from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

I get a few now and then, its mostly about hunting over good dogs
and being out in some big beautiful country that many don't even know is out there.

53340a35e8e9885fa4081945bb5c061f75411.jpeg

5542364ab263e30304ee1b9460494e826b53d.jpeg

49810f7caf324f79744a8932f6f128c24baa6.jpeg

My browning citori has been all over the west,canada,mexico,africa and the inside of the barrel is shot but the gun is scraped up bent up and gouges out of the stock all from chuckar country. so I was out thurs and fri. in Idahoe and ruined a new pair of dog booties and lost one, then ruined the dogs feet and had the good fortune of putting some dings in a brand new 725 citori 20ga. for one bird.I have taken hundred of chucker but the new hips I am using now are maybe because of the hundreds of mile of chasing them.Unfortunately after taking a good beating for no birds it does not teach me not to do it again and again.

Funny, after 12 or so years since killing my first wild chukar here in Idaho, my desire to be on the hill with my dogs gets stronger. Maybe it's because I'm not packing out 80lbs when successful like my big game hunts. Maybe it's because my dogs just have so much fun. It's not logical, that's for sure.

I'm sure I can find a pic in my phone that relates to every pic posted above including the quills.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom