Cleaning your mount?

HorseCreek

Very Active Member
Are there any products out there to keep the dust off the cape? Any suggestions on keeping the hide looking good?
Traditional only >>>------->

I use Swifter Duster sheets on all my mounts. Someone on this site suggested them I think they work great.

All mounts should be dusted every few months. If there is smoke in the house from cigarettes, there isn't much hope for keeping them clean for very long, the tar gets coated on the hair which will attract dust and dirt. For keeping the hair shinny, there are several products that work well. One product is called Proffessional Hair Care, High Gloss, that I use. Smells a bit at first but once dry, its fine.

I talked to a lady that use to clean mounts. She said she used Tire foam or tire shine on them. Then regroomed and comb them. Makes them look new.

I have not tried this yet. I have a taxidermy shop and when my mounts get dusty I just bring them to the Shop and Blow them off. If you do dont use an air compresser because it is moist ait. I have a motorcycle dryer (blower) It works good.

My taxidermist suggests a 50/50 mix of water and vinegar in a spray bottle. Just spray it down lightly and wipe off with a soft cloth. He too suggests every month or two.

Someone once told me that a misting of window cleaner (Windex)and light scrubbing with a paper towel, followed by a light water rinse and blow-dry would help remove the residue and dirt associated with cigarette smoke. Has anyone tried it?

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom