Cleft lip/ palate

Hardway

Very Active Member
Some of you may remember about a year and a half ago I posted about my son being born with a cleft lip and palate..... I did'nt post any pics at the time because I was pretty torn up about the deal. But after looking at some pics this morning I can't believe the change...... Thank god for good doctors.... It's just amazing what they can do especially considering you can only see about 25% of the work that was done. Two surgeries down, one to go....
1FB23E35-53E1-44FB-AFEA-4317F3097A08-24269-000018AA1CBEB8AB_zps928c745f.jpg
A434014F-0828-4FA1-9E63-5272F01D5118-24269-000018AA33D5883D_zpsae64afa1.jpg
CA57D444-8478-4F74-898C-0A118A813B03-24269-000018AAFB0EFEE3_zpse448f216.jpg

Couple good looking young Republicans there Hardway, Congrats!!!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Jr and I went out to the ranch this morning to shoot squirrels .... Should have never shown her how to crack open almond shells, I think she eats more than the squirrels .....
57661193-5EC8-4704-AB96-46AD464CEA2D-24269-000018ADD395F860_zps4cc0e99c.jpg
61E36DED-5602-4E7C-A24B-5C49A8796E65-24269-000018ADF3D3277A_zps2e1ae3ce.jpg
1D8DF48A-BAE6-4258-A52C-5044FD5DE092-24269-000018AE0F41CD84_zps6d4477d5.jpg

Wonderful kids you got there Hardway! Your doctor did a great job!

I guess it is almond time again.

A lot of folks down your way pronounced them "amons" (or they used to when I lived down there. Mostly the older people) instead of almonds. Which one is correct?:)

Eel

>Wonderful kids you got there Hardway!
>Your doctor did a great
>job!
>
>I guess it is almond time
>again.
>
>A lot of folks down your
>way pronounced them "amons" (or
>they used to when I
>lived down there. Mostly the
>older people) instead of almonds.
>Which one is correct?:)
>
>Eel

LOL...I've heard "Amonds", "Almons", and "Amons". It is believed when they shake the trees to get the nuts off some of the letters fall out :)

>>Wonderful kids you got there Hardway!
>>Your doctor did a great
>>job!
>>
>>I guess it is almond time
>>again.
>>
>>A lot of folks down your
>>way pronounced them "amons" (or
>>they used to when I
>>lived down there. Mostly the
>>older people) instead of almonds.
>>Which one is correct?:)
>>
>>Eel
>
>LOL...I've heard "Amonds", "Almons", and "Amons".
>It is believed when they
>shake the trees to get
>the nuts off some of
>the letters fall out :)
>
That makes perfect sense, LOL!

Eel

Nice!

Being a Hair-Lip all my Life Ain't been much fun!

Where were the Doctors back then?

Founder just Banned My Signature!
Hang in there!
I'm working on another one!:D

Hardway this is the best thread I've seen on the Campfire in a LONG time. Thanks!!!! Cute kids!!!

REMARKABLE JOB DONE BY YOUR DOCTORS, I AM HAPPY FOR YOU & YOUR FAMILY. LIFE IS GOOD..........HAVE A GOOD SEASON...........YD.

Nice looking kids. Glad they was able to a great job on it.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

LAST EDITED ON Aug-11-13 AT 08:47PM (MST)[p]HARDWAY....wasn't the surgery done at UCSF or am I mixed up as like you said it was some time ago? Great kids and glad that the surgery was a success.

Speaking of almonds.....one of the worst smells is when they take the almond husks(shells) and make a compost pile to forment them for fertilizer.........WOW.. it does stink. There was a processing plant down at FOMOSO, CA and one time we were waiting to get into FOMOSO Raceways early one morning and then the winds shifted and damn near made everyone BARF like RANSOM.

Eat too many of them and they will plug up your system for awhile...LOL

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Yes Kilo....All of his surgeries and treatment have been at the Pediatric Cranio Facial Clinic at UCSF in San Fransisco.

Funny story....The first surgery he had was at 3 months old. My wife and I had both planned to stay the night in the room with him since it's about 2.5 hours from home. Well about midnight or so I started to doze off in the chair and the nurse told me one of us had to leave since it was their policy that only ONE parent could spend the night. I said you had told us earlier that parents had 24hr visiting hours...she said "sure do, you just cant sleep" WTF. Grabbed a blanket and went and slept in the back of our Suburban in the parking garage for a couple hours. The look on peoples faces when you crawl out the back of your car in a San Frasisco parking garage is priceless...LOL. I've done it every time since too.....My mother inlaw asked me "where did you spend the night?" I told her "The Suburban Estates" :)

No kiddin elkassassin one of my closest friends in high school was a hair lip and had 22 surgeries on his mouth by the time we graduated. We are both in our mid forties now. I don't know if he's had anymore work since he's living in MN now. Med. tech has really taken off over the last decade.

[/im
g][/URL]

That's a dumb ass policy. Funny story tho. Your youngins look great and I am really impressed how your son's mouth turned out.

[/im
g][/URL]

>Hardway this is the best thread
>I've seen on the Campfire
>in a LONG time. Thanks!!!!
> Cute kids!!!

+1, Great looking Kids!

He was a dang cute little guy even before the surgery. Both happy, healthy looking kids. No doubt a great home. I'm guessing mom is a real looker.

Great to see that smile. Congrats on the successful outcome!

I have never had to deal with this issue in my family, but here is a link to a charity I support:

www.operationsmile.org/

A little money goes a long way to helping those people in need.
Sorry for the hijack, but it just seemed fitting.

-------------------------
www.sagebasin.com
-------------------------

Wow! That is amazing! I'm really happy for you guys. Kids that have deformaties are behind the eight ball when they start school. Kids are cruel. Thank God for good doctors is an understatement! Congrats....this is a great story.

Today is the one year anniversary of my 16 year old daughters aortic valve replacement (open heart surgery). In that time, she's healed and played a full season of varsity softball on a team that won the CIF championship. Kids are strong as hell!

Steve

M'Balz Es Hari

Thanks for the kind words....being in a "childrens" hospital will definatley let you know how good you really do have it because I dont care who you are there is always someone dealing with something worse. Definatley thankfull.

Great looking kids Hardway, thanks for the update..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Its a shame that differences such as these create difficulties for a youngster, but people are what they are and it must be nice to put it behind. It certainly looks like the surgeon did a great job. Thanks to all of you doctors who bust your buts in school to make this happen.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom