CO application HELP

Dobber

When applying for Point only as first choice, do I need to purchase a Habitat Stamp? The way I read it, with all the the pop-up crap, you only have to purchase Habitat stamp if you are buying a license. You dont need to with a point only?

So I applied for deer, elk and pronghorn, point only first choice, the check out summary states:
Preference Point Option: No, I would not like to OPT out.

The way I understand it, by not opt out I will be charged the $25 for the Point. Just little WTF moment, but thought I better double check to make sure I am understanding it right.

yeah it was slightly confusing to me as well!
-you will need to purchase a habitat stamp if you DO NOT have a license already in order for your points only application to be accepted.
-and yes you DO NOT want to opt out (that would totally defeat the purpose of applying just for a point and you would simply be making a application handling fee donation to the DOW with zero benefits in return)

http://www.bowhuntersofutah.net

LAST EDITED ON Mar-31-10 AT 12:30PM (MST)[p]

That is news to me, in the past, it has only been necessary to purchase a habitat stamp if you are applying for a license. Will check and get back to you.

Did you apply for a license as a second choice?

Sounds like you did good on the preference point opt out. If you did not check that box, you should be fine

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Nope, you don't" Here is from the brochure:

HABITAT STAMP REQUIREMENTS
For License Buyers: A habitat stamp is required of people 18-64 who buy hunting or fishing licenses. With a license purchase, the stamp is $5
and required with the first 2 licenses bought per year ($10 total).

txhunter58

The double negeitive with No, I would not like to OPT out and the pop-ups about the Habitat Stamp was a bit confussing.

I am sure the State collects a few extra bucks with applicants that don't draw or just put in for points.

Thanks again

It was never this confusing just two years ago, someone decided to make things confusing so applicants could or would screw up I think.

Brian
xvvgp.jpg

The way I understand it is you don't need a habitat stamp but yes if you do not have an annual small game or fishing license or a last years big game license then each point is going to cost you 25.00, This is to make sure they get more than just your application fee kinda going to be unpopular but thats what they did.

Windage and elevation pilgrim windage and elevation

What if I applied for a deer hunt which I will most likley draw. I said "no" to the habitat stamp. Won't I be able to buy the habitat stamp when I draw the tag? I didn't want to spend the money on the stamp if I didn't draw the tag. Is that ok?

If you're applying for a tag I think you need to buy the Habitat Stamp?
A few years ago I know you could draw the permit & buy the habitat stamp later,(but I don't know if you can still do that?)

I'm glad somebody brought this up.
I wanted points only, and I did check the box;

?Preference Point Option: No, I would not like to OPT out.?

I've been wondering if I did it right.
Confusing, double negative. Maybe I purchased a stamp I didn't need, as long as I get my points, and most of me money back.

Waaay confusing....

The way I understood it and the way it read was, "Your license/tag will not be mailed to you until you purchase a habitat stamp....."

So, I didn't purchase a stamp thinking I will purchase one if I draw. After that requirement is met, the tag will be mailed to me.

Does anyone know for sure that my thinking is wrong????

TopWater, that is exaclty the way I understood it and I ended up doing the same thing as you. Pretty confusing if you ask me. Maybe I should have just bought the stamp to ease my mind?

So...... If you want "points only" you check the box? or you do not check the box? I have heard both ways.... How confusing could they make it??????

Well,
I hope you 'don't check the box'?
Cuzz I didn't check it!
And I went Point only!

I applied but won't buy the Habitaty stamp until I draw the tag. Why get it if you don't secure a tag!

Woodruff?
I'm in Question Myself?
Not sure I should'of left it "un-Checked"?

My post # 16 is a Question?
I put in for a point only.
Should I have checked the box?
Or not checked the box?
Hell I don't know?
I didn't check the box,maybe I should have?
Anybody know for sure?

DO NOT, REPEAT, DO NOT check the box about preference points.

If you check it you will NOT get a point for applying this year.

Basically, you can opt out of getting a point and paying the $25 if you check that particular box. I know of no one that would actually do that, so don't really know why they did it.

If you leave the box NOT checked (and therefore you WILL get a point), it should say:

Preference Point Option: NO, I would not like to OPT out.

on the final payment page and receipt.

txhunter58

Thanks txhunter,
I thought I was right until I started reading this thread,lol!

>>>Preference Point Option: NO, I would not like to OPT out.

on the final payment page and receipt.<<<

thats zactly what my page says,,,,,, i just wanted a point,,, this seems harder than it should be ,,,, i also cant check on my info on their site ,,,, we have a e mail question in as to why,,,, as far as i can tell i'm good ,,,, but it is pretty confusing

Tell me about it confusing!

But I contacted the DOW about a month ago right after the new brochures came out. Got it straight then. Bottom line is the DOW that answered my email said it WAS confusing and to NOT check the box if you wanted a point.

As far as buying the habitat stamp: I always order the $10 annual stamp when I am applying. I will be hunting something whether I get drawn or not and I will be fishing too. Need it for both, so I just pay the $10 tax and don't have to sweat it later.

txhunter58

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom