CO Backdoor ?

Nope. That back door way does not really work anymore. Check your PP and scroll to the bottom and look for elk 2012 and see if u have 0 or one extra. o means you drew first choice if you have one extra pp then last year then you did not draw first choice. Remember this is only for first choice not for second choice you will have to wait to see for second choice

NR- i can't seem to figure out how to check the PP? I go into the DOW Limited License Draw Results and Preference Point Status then i go down and enter my CC# and DOB and i get this responce " no results found in this specified years" so am i doing it wrong? I have my on-line reciept for purchase of the elk licence. Any help would be great thanks Danny

It is possible that you have more than one CID numbers, I do. Instead enter name and drivers license number and see what comes up.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Thanks TXhunter, i tried the driver licence and it said not a valid CID# Then i tried a my cousins info which is in on the same application with the same results. Says the same thing. i guess i'll just wait it out even longer.

Try to original back door and see if it shows anything. Act like you are applying for a license, enter data and then select "Habatat and other licenses". when the next page comes up, scroll down and see if it shows you have an app in.

txhunter58

To check PP in colorado I go to dow site click hunting tab top left then click big game on left side 4th down then click draw results & preference points in blue. Fill in the info at the bottom. Last name, date of birth, zip code and then click start name search. Scroll to the bottom and look at your 2012 PP.

LAST EDITED ON May-20-12 AT 08:01PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON May-20-12 AT 07:54?PM (MST)

At the present time, you would get the result you described in post #2 above, if in 2012 you have entered the Colorado draw for the very first time ever, and only for elk. If that is the case (first year), that's also telling you that you did draw.

Then yes I would say you drew. It states "No Results For Years Entered" or what not, even though it recognizes that you have an application in. That should mean there no PP's to post since you have not gained one, being that you drew your tag. You should get your confirmation in the Drawing Results section once those are posted for elk later in the week. Keep checking the backdoor results as you described in Post # 7 above, as those will go up first. There, you want to see an entry in the Products-On-File list WITHOUT the word APP at the end. Then you will know for sure that you drew.

Here's my current list as an example. This shows the only tag I got is Pronghorn:

2012 - 465 NON RES PRONGHORN APP
2012 - 491 NON RES DEER APP
2012 - 481 NON RES ELK APP
2012 - 066 NRES ARCHERY PRONGHORN
2012 - 059 HABITAT STAMP WITH A LICENSE

Well, that definately means your app is OK, but not sure you can assume you drew (sorry to rain on your parade). When you go to the preference point page AND SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTOM OF THE PAGE there should be either 0 or 1 preference points under elk 2012. Did you scroll to the lower 1/2 of the page?

txhunter58

I have the same problem. There is no points for elk like there was for deer. Even if you scroll down there is nothing. It is there for deer, but not for elk. Went to the "old" backdoor and it says elk application. Looks like others are having the same issue, weird.

Rich

txhunter, read his post #2 again. When he queries the draw results page, he's getting the "no results found in the specified years" reply. That means the system recognizes his CID/DOB as valid, but that there is no PP history to show. Now that we know the elk draw is complete, the only way for that to occur is if two conditions are met....1) that 2012 is the first year he ever applied (which he has now confirmed), and 2) that he drew. And ONLY if he'd GAINED a point, would the system respond with a table showing his 2012 point total of 1 PP for elk. Otherwise, in his specific case, nothing will show at all. Of course within a couple days, soon as the backdoor is up, he'll know for sure.

You may be correct, but I contend that he would still have the lower preference point chart (bottom of the page) showing "0" elk/preference points/2012. Mine says "0" deer points since I drew. And I am not sure that all the elk drawing is complete. For deer, it took several days before eveyone had their point totals updated at the bottom of the page. But because it is his first year, that may make it come up differently.

Hope you are right.

txhunter58

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom