CO Mule Deer Draw

khharris

Hey everyone. I am new to this board and have really enjoyed it so far. I know that the CO draw is not right now, like AZ, but will be coming up quickly and be here before I know it. I have 26 points for Mule Deer and was curious if anyone had any suggestions on outfitters to contact and/or areas to look to hunt? We were thinking about putting in for 44 or maybe somewhere in the Gunnison area but just cannot figure out which unit to put in for tbh. I am looking to hunt a top end buck and want to hunt with a good outfitter with how long I have been waiting. Any info that yall might have would be great. Being that this is probably the only time I will be able to draw this tag I would like to give myself the very best opportunity possible to get a big buck. Thanks for your help and I look forward to hearing everyone's thoughts.

As far as 44 goes there really isn’t a legitimate and licensed outfitter available other than Gypsum Creek Outfitters but I’m honestly not sure what state that operation is in at this point. As far as the Gunnison basin goes there are many options. I personally guide in unit 54 for mule deer. Other good options would be Lazy F bar if you’re looking at 55 or 67 and Whinnery Ranch Outfitters if you’re looking at unit 66.

I operate Gunnison Country Outfitters we guide in unit 55 and 67. Feel free to contact me. Lazy F Bar is another good option they guide in units 54,55,66, and 67 they have a good group of guides.

If I was you I would PM Colorado Boy, and listen to what he says, I was in Unit 66 3rd last year had a great hunt. I believe there will be another couple of great Bucks killed in the Basin Next year.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom