CO Unit 66 2nd Season Deer

HiMtnHntr

Very Active Member
I cashed in my points on this hunt. Please understand that this is not a last minute plea for information, as I have been gathering information on the hunt here and there for the last several months (from bio, other hunters, etc..) I am just seeking to maximize me knowledge base. I've been on this site 15 years now an never have asked for a handout. Nor am I seeking to debate my decision to use my points on this hunt. I am interested to hear from hunters who have experience in this area, and particularly this season, regarding general areas, access points, and any other pertinent advice. I would be willing to trade info as well, as I live in WY and have a fair handle on the system and areas. PM if you would like. I appreciate any information you can provide.

HiMtnHntr sorry i don't have any info on this unit but good luck hopefully someone can help out.I will be there for the second season also although in a different unit and it looks like we will not get any help from the weather looks to be fairly warm for most of the season.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-07-14 AT 02:15PM (MST)[p]This is a sneaky good unit that takes very few to zero points to draw, as you know. I have hunted it three times, with this year being my fourth. I've hunted 1st season twice and this will be my second time hunting second season. It took my group of four a couple of years to learn our hunt area in the unit, but we have it figured out pretty well now. We have killed a couple 6x6 and 5x5 bulls and always have opportunity. We've seen some really big, old 6x6 bulls come out of there. We stay in Lake City and hunt mainly off of 149. One of our guys killed two of his bulls less than 1/4 mile off the highway near Slumgullion Slide sneaking through the aspens. Both bulls he killed were with other bulls when killed. The first bull I killed there was opening day 2011 at 11,700' elevation in a wide open meadow next to a quad trail. I will PM you with some specific areas.

Edit: I realized in your title you are deer hunting. I have a few recommendations for deer areas that I will PM you. Sorry about that.

HiMtnhunter
Shoot me a PM, I just got back from the archery hunt. I might be able to point you in the right direction

Sorry about that. I have tried 3 consecutive times to send a PM and I keep getting an error message. I'll type it up in an email and send it off.

I will be up there for 1st season elk. I will be happy to let you know what I see. Always willing to help out a fellow Wyomingite.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom