CO Unit 66

C

coloradobowhunter

I put in for unit 66 this year, I should draw elk still have a couple years for deer. Just wondering if anyone hunted unit 66 last year and how you did. Or just wonderin if you put in for 66 this year.

I hunted 66 for Elk but it was in 2001.
Good Luck on your draw. It's a good unit.
I hunted first rifle so the rut was over
for the most part but we saw 2 nice bulls.
300" class. Later Baker

I applied for archery elk in CO 66 and should draw a non-resident tag with 4 points. I've never been there, but it does sound like a decent hunt. I'm coming out alone (from S.Dakota) and will probably be roadside camping somewhere near Lake City. I'll bring my backpack/bivy gear too and try a few 1-2 night trips farther in.

I think I'll hunt Sept 13-24th and take my chances with the additional muzzleloader pressure. There should only be about 30 of them (based on 2008 numbers). What do you think about that?

glacial
Man it sounds like you got a pretty good plan. I started hunting unit 66 in 1995, I used too shot a cow elk almost every year. I have not hunted 66 in almost 4 years, so I hope I draw a archery tag, this will be my 2nd year of bow hunting too. Maybe we will run into each other. are you planning any scouting trips for the summer?

Coloradobowhunter,

I wish I could get down there scouting, but I've got to save my vacation time for the hunt. It's a solid 15 hour drive for me. So, I'm spending lots of time studying maps and trying to find others who have hunted there in the past. It's not the same as exploring the area firsthand, but it sure helps.

Feel free to email me ([email protected]). It would be good to know someone else hunting out there.

Good luck in the draw.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom