CO unit S61

stalker

My brother and I drew this unit this year and I would like to reach out for any info anybody is willing to share. Just starting to gather maps and plan to contact CPW officers.
Thank you
Kraig

Wow is right!
Your sheep area is farther west from where I hunted bighorn so I can't help but that's impressive that you'll be hunting with your brother. I've been on over a dozen sheep hunts with my brother but never a double on brown sheep like yours.
Have a blast and relish every moment!
Zeke

Zeke, I think you must be confused. This unit is as far east as you can be. As for the wow I can't believe it either. Of coarse we apply as a group so that is the only reason we both drew.

>Zeke, I think you must be
>confused. This unit is as
>far east as you can
>be. As for the wow
>I can't believe it either.
>Of coarse we apply as
>a group so that is
>the only reason we both
>drew.

Being confused isn't a problem for me. It happens all the time! ha

Best of luck on the hunt. It's gonna be good!!!

Zeke

I just pulled up the map, which would have helped me before I spoke up.

I must have been thinking of S62! I see where S61 is now and it's most certainly EAST and south of S7, where I hunted back in the day.

That's a spot in the world that I know nothing about and I'm not sure I've ever been to that country. I'm sure it will be something special for you guys.

Happy for you,
Zeke

The Pinyon Canyon Maneuver Area (military base), sits smack dab in the middle of that unit. To hunt the PCMA, you will need to go to an orientation class and they have those on the base and at Ft Carson.

The sheep are in the canyons along the Purgatorie River, and they venture out in the local rye fields (private land) to forage. You can pay $$$$ for access to the private land, or show up each day and hope they are on the PCMA or in the river bottom which is National Grassland.

If you choose to hunt the PCMA, drive to each canyon several times per day and use good optics.

Good luck to both of you!

PS I drew S04 for August!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom