Cody Area Elk

otcWill

Considering burning some points this year and wondering if anyone would be willing to discuss the area. Keeping my post vague, but I've got a specific unit that I've been researching for years now and hoping to touch base with someone with some experience in the area. I'd be happy to help someone out with whatever in exchange. Without listing all the states, suffice it to say that I have either hunted it or have a friend who has most anywhere (including the unit I've got my sights set on, but more info/experience couldn't hurt ;) ).

PM is best. Thanks!

Will

How many points do you have ? with max points you have several fantastic options. with less than max it gets more complicated.

I've either elk hunted myself or helped one of my sons in units 51, 54, 56, and 62. I'm also planning to burn some points and hopefully draw an elk tag in the "Cody corner" this fall.
shot me a PM if any of those units are on your list. I'm no expert on any of those units but can share some general info.

Thanks a bunch to all who've offered insight!

I love grizzlies and anything else that keeps the average hunter from being attracted to an area :). I'll be prepared and have spent plenty of time around WY grizz as well as AK.

I don't have max points and am going DIY. I really appreciate the help I've gotten. For those who've offered their info, rest assured I"ll keep it to myself this year and in following years. Also, if I can help anyone with another hunt I'd gladly do so. Good group here on MM. Thank you

Will

A very big pistol too. As they say in Alaska, save the last round for yourself if you shoot a bear 🐻 with a pistol- you’ll need it !! Alaska bush pilot pearl of wisdom!
Jerry
A .375 H & H Mag is a good one ☝️! LOL
Jerry

The other old Alaska advice......make sure to file the front sight of your pistol WAY down, so you don't chip your teeth when you stuff it in your mouth!

The other old Alaska advice......make sure to file the front sight of your pistol WAY down, so you don't chip your teeth when you stuff it in your mouth!
Yes indeed! Fine pearl of wisdom there ! 🐻
Anything better than becoming bear 🐻 poop !
Jerry 🍀😁

Considering burning some points this year and wondering if anyone would be willing to discuss the area. Keeping my post vague, but I've got a specific unit that I've been researching for years now and hoping to touch base with someone with some experience in the area. I'd be happy to help someone out with whatever in exchange. Without listing all the states, suffice it to say that I have either hunted it or have a friend who has most anywhere (including the unit I've got my sights set on, but more info/experience couldn't hurt ;) ).

PM is best. Thanks!

Will
PM sent

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom