Coffee

Hardway

Very Active Member
I aint talkin about that fu fu starbucks crap..... I'm talkin plain ole Folgers. I love it, I'm drinking it right now at 6:10 pm on a tuesday evening before dinner. Am I old?

1/2 a cup each morning for me!

Wished it tasted as good as it Smelled!

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

I'm with STTM. The smell taste differential is almost false advertising.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Yep, I like it... Even bad coffee is better than no coffee, especially while chewing on some raw bear ribs at 10,000'...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Drink a pot every morning. Then piss 3 pots worth afterwards. If I drink any after 6PM I won't sleep a wink and I'll be up every dam hour taking a leak. I got the bladder of a toddler.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

I usually wake up to a Dew but when I'm at the cabin, first thing I do every morning is start a pot of coffee...gotta have it black!!

What are they talking about, smell to taste differential??

~Z~

>I usually wake up to a
>Dew but when I'm at
>the cabin, first thing I
>do every morning is start
>a pot of coffee...gotta have
>it black!!
>
>What are they talking about, smell
>to taste differential??
>
>~Z~
It smells a lot better than it tastes.

i'll drink it anytime ,,,,,,,, black,,,,, i can drink a cup and go straight to bed :) dont care how it smells ,,, it tastes good :)

Love MY coffee. Folgers, at my house, but whatever is available will work. But like some others, if I have it after 3pm, I'll be up all night.

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

Ransom; I bet that your Dad drank Fogers coffee and the reason you drink it today. My dad did also and it is my favorite brand.
Sure beats that instant crap they had in the Army C-rations.

RELH

I have a cup of Folgers Instant Coffee every morning while reading the local POS paper that Ransom won't read or buy.
Now when I am with Ransom for breakfast, then it is Farmer Bros. coffee and Ransom drinks enough to keep the toilet flushing for 2 hours....they go broke on coffee when he is there.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

>I second the Folgers.

I bet you're the sort of plick who would drink it from a Mikasa china cup driving a five speed work truck and still be debonair enough to keep your pinky extended like you learned in finishing school.

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

If Folgers doesn't make a car air freshner they should. By far the best smelling coffee out there. Tastes OK with a little sugar to.

>If Folgers doesn't make a car
>air freshner they should. By
>far the best smelling coffee
>out there. Tastes OK with
>a little sugar to.

Cupsy told me to tell you it is too.

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

I've started liking the Dunkin Donuts coffee at the gas station a lot lately, been getting an ex-large cup every morning, only want my coffee black.

I've been drinking black coffee since I was 16. I drink at least a pot a day and right now I have my cup and thermos here with me. For the most part I drink Folgers and as far as I'm concerned it tastes to me just as good as it smells. I'm up at 2:30 am and drink coffee until about 8am. I don't usually have coffee during the midday or afternoon unless I'm back with my folks who still drink coffee all day long. I too can drink 2 or 3 cups of coffee and go to bed and sleep like a baby. Coffee is a part of my daily routine. Without it my day just goes in the toilet.

When I go hunting with my partners I am the first one with my boots on the ground getting the coffee perked so I can at least have a couple of cups before I head out. I have been known to take a thermos in my tree stand with me a time or two as well. Just got to remember the PP bottle. :) I'll most likely ruffle some feathers here but IMO one pot of coffee still isn't as bad for you as one can of mountain dew. Now that's some nasty stuff! Ha ha ha LOL

GBA

pot of folgers classic roast everyday. maybe a couple of cups a day during the summer.

A pot of black coffee has been a part of my morning routine for over 30 years now....can't/won't start my day without it. Like with GBA, at hunting camp I'm up 30 minutes before anybody else so I can have my pot of fresh brew, ain't nothing better.

Don't give me any of that decaffeinated crap either, drinking coffee without caffeine is kinda like drinking whiskey without alcohol.....what's the point??

>Don't give me any of that
>decaffeinated crap either, drinking coffee
>without caffeine is kinda like
>drinking whiskey without alcohol.....what's the
>point??

I'm with you Kevin, I don't understand decaffeinated!

I agree with you on that too Kevin. Never understood decafe or why anyone would bother to drink it.

GBA

I too love my Folgers, black. I drink a pot every morning and like the guys above I pizz three pots to every one I drink. Tailchaser I think we may be related, I too have the bladder of a two year old, got it from my pops.

Bill

Kill the buck that makes YOU happy!

Folgers is good Caines Coffee is better (Kansas) I stopped smoking, chewing snuff and cut back on alcohol but I will never stop drinking hot black coffee !

LAST EDITED ON Feb-08-12 AT 09:39AM (MST)[p]We have a Keurig and I have Tully's or starbucks every morning with two shots of White chocolate syrup!!! Awesome!!It takes about 30 seconds to get my HOT coffee..

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

Had a cup of that stuff 3 days ago. Still shitting my brains out...

If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?
square-large-sec.gif

Isnt this a Mormon website? grin

Coffee, one of the 3 reasons I could not be a Mormon
[read, no disrespect to Mormons intended]

Coffee is like good wine and beer for that matter, if you are happy with your Folgers <yuck> then don't ever start drinking the good stuff. Same with wine, you won't be happy with those $6 bottles after drinking some of the better Napa valley Cabs or Willamette Pinots. Spend a week during harvest in Tuscany region and you just may forget about hunting season [now I'm getting carried away, if a beverage can do that you got problems!]

Get a fresh brew at Tahoe House [Homewood area of lake Tahoe] on a snowy morning and you will understand why most call it Folgers and not coffee....

>Isnt this a Mormon website? grin
>
>
>Coffee, one of the 3 reasons
>I could not be a
>Mormon
>[read, no disrespect to Mormons intended]
>
>
>Coffee is like good wine and beer for that matter, if you are happy with your Folgers <yuck> then don't ever start drinking the good stuff. Same with wine, you won't be happy with those $6 bottles after drinking some of the better Napa valley Cabs or Willamette Pinots. Spend a week during harvest in Tuscany region and you just may forget about hunting season [now I'm getting carried away, if a beverage can do that you got problems!]
>
> Get a fresh brew at
>Tahoe House [Homewood area of
>lake Tahoe] on a snowy
>morning and you will understand
>why most call it Folgers
>and not coffee....

I was like WTF...but then I saw you were from the SF Bay Area.

>Ransom; I bet that your Dad
>drank Fogers coffee and the
>reason you drink it today.
>My dad did also and
>it is my favorite brand.
>
> Sure beats that
>instant crap they had in
>the Army C-rations.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>RELH

Cuz

You are right both my dad and my mom drank Folgers along with all us kids. Both my granddads, all my uncles and my great uncles also drank it.

I like the smell of it, but I think it is NASTY to drink.

When I was a kid on the ranch, everyone made a big deal out of the morning coffee thing.

I wake up, ready to go to the moon in 5 minutes, I don't need coffee to start my day.

"Fathom the hypocracy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove that they are insured.....but not everyone must prove that they are a citizen"

Must be something about the Bay area....One of my cousins from the gay bay was at my sisters in So Cal a few months ago and she saw a can of Folgers on the conter and just about passed out. But then she is the girl who caught a mouse in her new 2 million dollar house and put it in the freezer to freeze to death because she didn't want to hurt it.....Whisky - Tango - Foxtrot.

LMAO! Who in the f**k drinks wine and knows all about that crap to boot? Harvest season making you forget about hunting season? Seriously? I cannot even begin to tell you how many man laws were broken in that post! The only way I will ever drink wine is if I'm out of beer and there is no store within walking distance (40+ miles if I have to drink wine, round trip of course).

You might try hitting up the MM clubhouse fellas. Sounds like you would fit right in with them! Wine! LMMFAO!

LMFAO!!!!!

One of the most out of place posts I have seen in the campfire!

Forget about hunting season????

WOW, no wonder when I hunt out of state with Kali plates nobody waves or nods and some flip me off.

Just puckin with ya west elk but to post that HERE??? You better have THICK skin.

Bill

It was a joke...good taste can get expensive.

I suppose I should have used shooting a beat up Winchester lever with a Bushnell banner vs a Red Rock Precision w Nighforce as a more appropriate example.

Uh-huh, that's what I would say too! It was just a joke!

Now I'm kidding westelk, I thought I saw your tongue tucked into your cheek but I wasn't sure. Sarcasm can be tough here.

Bill

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom