Coincidence??? warmed my heart

B

bucklover

LAST EDITED ON Mar-22-11 AT 09:33PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Mar-22-11 AT 09:30?PM (MST)

I went to the cemetery tonight just at dusk, to sing a "Happy Birthday in my heart" song to one of my sons. They have been there since 1995, after they drowned up in Idaho while visiting their mom. It was almost dark by the time I was able to get to the cemetery. There were three deer nibbling on the grass. One little buck, still holding onto his little two point rack, and a doe, were about 15 yards from my truck window. They were straight in line to my kid's graves, which was about another 15 yards out. Another doe was on the other side of the graves,about 10 yards further out. As I stopped, the closest ones walked over the my kid's headstones. The other doe walked up to them and stood on my youngest daughter's grave site. She passed away in 2005, from a brain aneurysm. They just clustered together there, right on top of the graves and looked at me. They were the only deer in the cemetery. I didn't even try to get out of my truck. I didn't want to scare them off. My kids had beautiful company and were being well watched over. I just sang my "Happy Birthday in my heart" song, and drove away. The deer just stayed right there as I drove off. Maybe it was just a coincidence, but it warmed my heart. It was such a special moment and I wanted to share it.

jeezus...I am a cold hearted bastard and you just gave me the chills....are you serious???

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

WELL.... IT JUST WARMED MY HEART AS WELL, VERY SORRY FOR YOUR LOSSES......HOPE LIFE IS GOING BETTER FOR YOU NOW.........YD.

Sorry for your losses. Your story brought a tear to my eye.
Thank you for sharing this personal moment. God bless.

Eldorado

My sympathies to you and your families losses but what you witnessed was not a coincidence, it was something ment for you. I can understand what you must have felt witnessing this. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Thanks for sharing your moment. It's not a coincidence. It's God's way of sending you comfort like He promised He would.
I would like to share a similar story with ya. On a year to the passing of my brother, who just happened to be the most elk obsessed guy I ever knew my folks stopped by the cemetery. They were both still struggling with the loss. But the foot deep fresh snow was kinda pretty. Sometime during the night what appeared to be a half a dozen elk walked through the cemetery. They circled back around and milled around his headstone where they found a little green before the long winter covered it completely.:) gave my folks a nice peaceful feeling after that. I'll always think it was the cow call I slipped in his shirt pocket before they closed the casket ;)

LAST EDITED ON Mar-22-11 AT 11:05PM (MST)[p]If you don't mind me asking, what's going on with your son? Is there anything any of us could do to help out where ever he is?

By the way thanks for that inspirational "Father's Love".. I had seen it before, but it's been a while. It was still as impacting this time around. I've said this before, as hard as it is to lose your child, there are more difficult things that some people have to deal with. One being to watch your child live a life with serious handicaps or health issues. To watch them suffer every day would be a heavy burden to carry.

Thanks for that elk story, and all the other nice comments. I hesitated to share my story because it is so personal, but some of you have shared things that have made a difference for me. I thought maybe this would help someone else who might be struggling.

Thanks for sharing the story. It is nice to see a bunch of "tough guys" softened up by a story depicting whats really important in life. I have four kids and can't imagine losing one of them let alone multiple ones. God bless you.

I cannot even imagine. Old as I am, the personal issues I have experienced, life in general..........this stuff leaves me stunned.

"whackin' a surly bartender ain't much of a crime"

Holly cow Bucklover did you ever put things back into perspective for me!! I wish you all the happiness in this world you have been through enough for 2 men's lives. That is a very touching and moving story. Thank you for sharing.

Thanks for the story. Really shows us the importance of things in our lives, also helps us recognize that not everything is coincidence.

Thanks for the little wake up.

I cannot fathom losing one child let alone three, you are a marvel to me to just be surviving.

This occurrence was not coincidence IMO.

Bill

Look out Forkie, FTW is watching us!

bucklover,

What a wonderful story. Spooky in a good way.

And, I am so very sorry for your losses and cannot imagine the depth of your sorrow. Your kids are very, very lucky to have a dad like you.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

Great story but damn sad man...keep your head up Bucklover!! Terribly sorry for your loss.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb37/Feleno/zFix.jpg[/IMG] ~Z~

My heart go's out to you, my wife and I lost our son in 2005 and to this day its like it was yesterday, you just received a very special gift from your kid's !!!! they wanted you to know that they are ok and with other family members. just keep looking for little signs they will let you know that they are watching over you.

Bucklover - I don't think this is a coincidence at all - just another manifestation of God's love for his children - one of his "tender mercies". He touches our hearts when we need it most (whether we know it or not sometimes) and is intricately involved in our lives in ways we can't see or comprehend and lets us know that in ways we can and will understand the most. This was a blessing, a comfort from a loving father in heaven. Treasure this memory always.

Thanks for sharing it!

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

I'm sorry for your loss, also. The hurt never goes away. You just get more comfortable with it, and the special memories and little things that happen, smoothes out the rough moments some.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-23-11 AT 11:10AM (MST)[p]I don't know you, but Thanks for the wake up call, helps ya realize what really is important in life, and to hold on to it with all you got...Thanks for sharing such a wonderful story ...I'm sorry for your loss... Its the tough times that make us stronger, and who we become down the road!!! Thanks again Becki

LAST EDITED ON Mar-23-11 AT 11:19AM (MST)[p]That was one heck of a post right there! Sometimes we thinK that we have it bad but you read something like this, it helps remind you that it could be a lot worse. I feel for your loss Sir!!

Joey

To all of you who have responded, I am truly humbled and comforted by all your comments. I hesitated to post this experience. I didn't want it to look like I was fishing for sympathy. But it sounds like it effected you guys the same way it effected me. I'm glad it had an impact. Just enjoy every moment you have with your kids and don't sweat the small stuff. Thanks again.

I really can't say out of respect for him. But I am praying he will wake up. Their Mom died a few years ago. My kids have made some choices that have saddened me since then. It's a real load I carry worrying I'm just not good at emotionally letting go. i love them with all my heart and soul.

Bucklover, I am sorry. You are a great guy to open up and share your trials. I wish you all the best!

Sorry for your loss, This has to be the toughest thing a parent would have to go thru.I feel for you.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Now I need to dry my eyes and get my butt home from work to hug my wife and 14 week old daughter!

I am so sorry for your losses, I cannot even imagine the hurt.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-23-11 AT 05:08PM (MST)[p]Life can be brutal and tragic!

It is also glorious and wonderful.

If you can't embrace the lows ? you will never truly embrace the highs.

e.

p.s. - bucklover, it looks like youv'e done both!

This life is short, we're all only here for just a little while. I can't wait until the day I can hold my daughter again and just say...I'm sorry. People ask why that? Because the very last time I talked to her, it was spoken in BAD anger.

NEVER let your loved ones leave in anger. You NEVER know if it will be the last.

I spent almost 10yrs in addiction after Maddy passed, and only by the grace of God (and rehab) did I survive and proud to say I've been sober for almost a year!

I'm sorry for all your losses and yes it truly touched me. Death of a child is something I would never wish upon ANY parent.

muleyman

Thanks for adding to the message I want others to get out of this. And hey man, you need to forgive yourself. If you believe in the hereafter, then you know your child has a way better understanding of "everything". God Bless You.

Thanks Mr. Bucklover ~ Your message really touched me and I pray others as well. A LOT of people on here are just too stubborn / hard headed to even "try & believe" in the one who created us all! It only takes a bit of faith...the size of a "mustard seed" I'm told :)

I know our Maddy is by HIS side, and yours as well waiting for the day we meet them in heaven...

taker easy my friend ~ jeremy

That was brutal. Like others have said, I'm going home and bear hugging my kid. I can't imagine what you've had to endure Bucklover. Thanks for sharing this with us.

"The value of any trophy from the field depends not on its size but on the magnitude of the effort expended in its pursuit." ~ Aldo Leopold

Sorry for the late response. I just saw it. Sounds like you have gone through hell. From the few things you have shared it is obvious that you are a kind and loving father. You may not think you have done things right, but your kids have seen your love and kind heart. We all make mistakes as parents. That's okay. It helps us grow and it lets our kids recognize we love them enough to keep trying. It may take a little time but they will come around. Just keep letting them know you are there for them. Thanks for the kinds words towards me. Don't be afraid to seek a little moral support from those of us out there that know where you're coming from. God Bless.

Wow man, I appreciate you sharing this with us.
It is too bad that it takes stories like this to put life back into perspective again.
So sorry for your losses.

Thank you it broke my heart to read your letter. But I believe families will see each other again.

Keep smiling and if you ever need help let me know.

All of the above.

Hats off to you bucklover.
What a man.
Wow, you guys that have lost kids, my heart just aches for you.
Hard to imagine that kind of pain.
HH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom