Colorado 41 42 and 421

lucky_draw

Hey I started a thread in the Mule Deer forum about this unit. I will be going there for the 3rd rifle season. This will be my first time hunting Colorado. I am just looking for all the advice and help that I can get. Thanks

I hunt 42 every year for 3rd season bucks. What class of deer you looking for?

Greatwhite_hunter Well I would be more than happy with a solid 4 point 170" or better. I am not really after meat, so I will eat my tag if I have to. I am just hoping that at least one of us will be able to harvest a mature buck. I know nothing about the area, so is this possible? Advice on places to look would be great also.

It's for sure doable. Bring some good binos, hunt the thick oak brush. How many guys are with you? If you want a few spots pm me

If you are in Grand Junction take the Highway 50 south bound exit off of Interstate 70, stay on 50 South for approximately 3 miles. Drive the speed limit and follow all traffic laws, keeping your eyes pealed for transients and jaywalkers. On your left you will see a Cabela's, park in the parking lot and walk into the store. In there you will find National Forest maps along with maps specific to your unit. Buy those maps and read them, then go out and find a place to hunt just like every other public land hunter does when they hunt an area for the first time. Good luck!

Don't follow this smarT A**S directions you will never even see the Cabela's.

Hunt high to start with but we have been getting alot of rain and cooler weather. It's not snow but i have seen a few bucks starting to work their way down off the tops.

I was out looking at muley bucks over the weekend and they are starting to show some rutting action here in my hometown. Has anyone been in these Colorado units lately to notice if the bucks are starting to rut?

Was in a different unit last week and the 2-3yr old bucks were starting to sniff the does. When one of em actually comes in the older bucks will show up to do their thing. Any day now!

I live in 421, and have started to see the young bucks chasing does a little the last few days. Saw a pretty nice buck cold trailing a doe here at the house yesterday. He was a nice 4x4 about 24"

MuleyFreak72 thats good to here. I am pumped for this hunt. Hoping for some weather and rut action to help us out. Is there much farming in this unit?

Just to give you an update we did not harvest any bucks on this hunt. We had a great time being away from work. So thats a plus. Thanks to everyone that helped and gave me info.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom