Colorado 4th rifle unit 74

monstermuleyhunter

I am looking into buying this landowner tag and wanted to know if anyone has hunted the 4th season? Ive heard the deer have typically starting migrating south by now but was hoping someone could help with info....any and all info would be appreciated

I've heard by the time the 4th season rolls around all the bucks have moved down really low(south portion of the unit)without much snow or have moved into 741 with a fair amount of snow. That's what I was told, cause I was looking into a landowner tag in that exact same unit a couple years ago. hopefully someone else has a little more info for you.

TICK
TALL, WIDE, AND HANDSOME

My son had the tag a few years back and it was horrible. Those deer in 74 migrate before that hunt. I'm shocked that there are tags available for a 4th season there at all. IMO, CDOW is taking advantage of people on that one.
I'd like to hear from anyone who has ever killed anything on that hunt. Anyone?

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

Here are 2 bucks I took pictures of the last few days of the 3rd season last year. We got hit with a good snowstorm right at the beginning of the hunt (Nov 3rd ish), but those deer were still pretty high. I'm sure they were on their way down, but a week after the snow hit, they were still at 9,000'.

Nov115x4.jpg

Nov114x4Edited.jpg

My buddy just got done with the 2nd season hunt and saw big bucks still hanging out north of Hermosa Drainage, so they are NOT vacating the country. They may not have even started moving south! The few times precipitation has hit, there has been no snow sticking below 11,000', and very little precipitation anticipated in the next 10 days. If you were going to pull the trigger, I think that it will be a great year to do so. I would still stick with the southern third of the unit, but it will be a high elevation rut this year, barring another Hurricane Sandy! PM me if you want more info!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom