Colorado available tags

The "draw" is in May/June, the application deadline is in early April. They are usually posted before the draw, but not the application deadline.

Limited license numbers are not set until the May Parks and Wildlife Commission meeting, well after the application deadline.

I usually review the Big Game statistics reports for separate species to get a good idea of the quota's for each GMU area... they do not change very much.

2f350s: Spend the money on additional licenses and HUNT more!

Tag numbers are proposed in the January CPOW Commision meeting, "cleaned up in the March meeting, and finalized in the May meeting

http://cpw.state.co.us/aboutus/Pages/CommissionMeetings.aspx

Look for documents pertaining to Chapter W-2 Big Game.

I've noticed that tag numbers don't change much in the process but they can based on winter conditions, harvest reports, and post hunt population surveys. I never apply for a tag until after the March meeting is held and final documents posted. I'd wait until after tag numbers are finalized in May but unfortunatley that is after the draw application deadline.

>Tag numbers are proposed in the
>January CPOW Commision meeting, "cleaned
>up in the March meeting,
>and finalized in the May
>meeting
>
>http://cpw.state.co.us/aboutus/Pages/CommissionMeetings.aspx
>
>Look for documents pertaining to Chapter
>W-2 Big Game.
>
>I've noticed that tag numbers don't
>change much in the process
>but they can based on
>winter conditions, harvest reports, and
>post hunt population surveys.
>I never apply for a
>tag until after the March
>meeting is held and final
>documents posted. I'd wait until
>after tag numbers are finalized
>in May but unfortunatley that
>is after the draw application
>deadline.

That's not accurate. The only license numbers proposed in January are for sheep and mountain goat, and they are approved in January as well. There are no "proposed" license numbers in writing for deer, elk, pronghorn, etc. prior to the May meeting.

Looking back to the early 2015 meeting documents concerning tag numbers, it looks like I was incorrect with my post. Thanks for correcting me ColoradoOak

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom