Colorado Backdoor method

JakeH

Long Time Member
Hey guys, just wondering when you all think the backdoor will be open for the draws this year. I have another hunt riding on whether or not I draw out and the sooner I know the better. What's the earliest you have seen it available.

Jake H. BIG BONE HUNTING Page on Facebook.
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

>Seems each species is different. Which
>one ya lookin for?
Yep, they stagger them out over about a month.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

I am still sore from the back-door I got in NM as a NR. I don't think I am ready for a CO back-door treatment yet.

>I am still sore from the
>back-door I got in NM
>as a NR. I
>don't think I am ready
>for a CO back-door treatment
>yet.

Haha......that is funny......

I thought I heard something last year that they were going to block the back door some how. Because the mess that year they had to redraw and people were mad that one day they had a tag using the back door method then after the redraw it was gone. I hope not it was fun to check it all the time to see if you got lucky. Anybody else hear anything like that?

Yes I was told the same thing. They are going to do something different this year like remove all preference points while the draw is being ran and not show any codes or current points until the results have been released. Not sure if this is exact but yes they are going to block or alter the back door somehow, I was told.

Backdoor didn't work for my buddy on his goat tag. It wasn't updated until after he had the successful notification on the website. The lady on the phone told him it had to do with what server the draw was happening on and how they were updating the licenses on file.

LAST EDITED ON May-12-16 AT 04:41PM (MST)[p]I just pulled this statement off of the CPW page when I checked my Current Preference Points. I don't remember see this before?

Current Preference Points

Preference Points for a specific species WILL NOT be shown, while the lottery draw for that species is 'in process.'

>Backdoor didn't work for my buddy
>on his goat tag. It
>wasn't updated until after he
>had the successful notification on
>the website. The lady
>on the phone told him
>it had to do with
>what server the draw was
>happening on and how they
>were updating the licenses on
>file.

there were a few people showing screen shots of the back door working this year on another hunting site previous to draw results coming out. They were showing the "500" code for sheep.
Mntman

LAST EDITED ON May-12-16 AT 05:56PM (MST)[p]Yep, that's how it worked last year too. They didn't post that message but that was how it went.

>>Backdoor didn't work for my buddy
>>on his goat tag. It
>>wasn't updated until after he
>>had the successful notification on
>>the website. The lady
>>on the phone told him
>>it had to do with
>>what server the draw was
>>happening on and how they
>>were updating the licenses on
>>file.
>
>there were a few people showing
>screen shots of the back
>door working this year on
>another hunting site previous to
>draw results coming out. They
>were showing the "500" code
>for sheep.
>Mntman
>
>"Hunting is where you prove yourself"
>
580 for elk, 590 for deer if it happens.

Go thru the g&p site like you're purchasing a license. You will come to a screen with apps/licenses you have on file. When the codes go from a 400 # to a 500 # you've drawn a tag. Good luck!

>Go thru the g&p site like
>you're purchasing a license. You
>will come to a screen
>with apps/licenses you have on
>file. When the codes go
>from a 400 # to
>a 500 # you've drawn
>a tag. Good luck!

Thank you!

Does this mean I drew?

5844colorado.jpg

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

LAST EDITED ON May-13-16 AT 11:37AM (MST)[p]I don't think so as it's still in the 400s...

But I hope I'm wrong because mine says the exact same thing...

First year applying for CO so we'll see.

Does CO ever post results early?

I'd really like to know before I have to apply for WY deer...

LAST EDITED ON May-13-16 AT 12:34PM (MST)[p]

Deer draw was the 19th last year. That 491# needs to go to a 500# to indicate successful draw. Good luck wiz!

>LAST EDITED ON May-13-16
>AT 12:34?PM (MST)

>
>
>
>Deer draw was the 19th last
>year. That 491# needs to
>go to a 500# to
>indicate successful draw. Good luck
>wiz!

they actually will have both numbers up. 400 series is the application (we all have) then after draw is done (a couple days prior to draw results posted) a 500 series code will appear also and that means you have a tag. Just no idea what choice it was. However once they update points you will then be able to determine if it was 1st choice vs 2,3 or 4th choice.

Mntman

>Anybody heard of any 500 codes
>for Moose yet?

No, but on another site they say the points disappeared yesterday, so the draw happened/happening. Hopefully early next week they will be posted. I won't start checking till I see someone say they are up..
Good luck in the draw DW.

Mntman

>My deer points disapered also.

This statement is on the CPW web site where my deer points were posted (in red). I would guess they are in the process of the draw now? Hopefully when they show back up it has a 0 next to it! Good luck everybody.

Preference Points for a specific species WILL NOT be shown, while the lottery draw for that species is 'in process.'

Please say a prayer for me that I drew my unit 22 3rd season tag. It is my go to hunt this year and if I don't draw, I don't know what I'll do. :) I had 8 NR points going in.
Good luck to you all...

Steve

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

There will be some creep with the late season dates this year but I would think you are safe being 2 above what it took last year.

I would hope that 8 will do it. I find it hard to believe that all units will have point creep. I just drew the Paunsy rifle with 20 points and thought that no way would I draw with the later dates. Good luck Steve.

Mine still showing a 400, I should have been guaranteed to draw my tag based on the last 4 years, I had plenty of cushion so to speak.

Deer Ridge? I don't think it's happened yet just in progress. Like I hope Moose still is!

Mine changed to a 500 number for deer and it said that I have stamp. But how do you know if you drew for your first or second choice tag?

>Mine changed to a 500 number
>for deer and it said
>that I have stamp. But
>how do you know if
>you drew for your first
>or second choice tag?

You can't till they post preference points or draw results in 2wks. Congrats!

Looks like my friend and I will be hunting deer in unit 70 third season this year. Wish everyone luck!
Bill

>Did anyone else not draw unit
>68 3rd season with 5
>points? Nr.
>Just curious, because last year it
>was a 50% chance with
>3 points.

I've never quite figured that out. I have a good friend who has drawn that tag 3 years in a row.

Buckmaster
My friend had 5 and I had 6 points. So it looks like unit 70 3rd season took at least 5 points.

Bill

Buckmaster

I posted this on the 68/681 thread:

My 16 year old son applied for a 3rd season non-resident tag with 4 points and didn't draw. This unit had "declining" point creep for non residents over the past few years.

2012 80% of those with 4 points drew.
2013 5% of those with 3 points drew.
2014 38% of those with 3 points drew.
2015 56% of those with 3 points drew.

non-res tag quotas stayed at 50 over this period.

>LAST EDITED ON May-21-16
>AT 07:58?PM (MST)

>
>My number is still 488, Maybe
>Monday ?

Deer? No.

Anybody know what the codes mean?

For instance, there is a 580 and 582 code for residents.

And, a 592 code for Youth Deer.

John 14:6

>Point creep was a killer. If
>this is correct 67 third
>season jumped at least 3
>points!!!!

No longer Point Creep!!! POINT JUMP

No dog in this fight for me (didn't apply) but my friend hasn't figured out how to do the backdoor trick. Any quick lesson available?

Brooks, the 0590 means you bought a habitat stamp. Whats up with you? Life so bad that you gotta rip others in another Colorado post and end both with all the explatives?

Whining has gotten old here,
DOW, has improved big game hunting ten fold, in Colorado, since I began shooting Deer in the early 60's.
The whiners will always excuse over NW herds, but the rest has improved.
Brooks264

>Whining has gotten old here,
>DOW, has improved big game hunting
>ten fold, in Colorado, since
>I began shooting Deer in
>the early 60's.
>The whiners will always excuse over
>NW herds, but the rest
>has improved.
>Brooks264

Perhaps you simply haven't been paying attention. It's free you know? It's just an expression.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom