Colorado Bear

coyote

7535mikes_bear.jpg

8532mike_bear.jpg

Saturday evening I took a friend bear hunting. Here in Colorado you can't bait or use dogs so we glass oak brush hillsides for bears or hunt waterholes. Anyway I told my friend if we see a bear you do the shooting since he had never killed a bear before. Well a hour before dark I spot this big boy way down at the bottom of the hill. Jeff took one look at him and says theres no way I can shoot that far you try it. I wasn't going to shoot that far until I saw his head and realized how big he was. So I get the shooting sticks where I want them take my time and squeeze off a shot. I heard the bullet smack him.we found good blood but was leary of trailing a bear in thick oak brush in the dark. So we went back in the morning and got him. I think he will go 400 lbs.

Very nice, where abouts in Colorado did you guys hunt this year. I took my first bear during the first ElK rifle season, got an Elk and a Bear. The Bear measured 5'8" from head to tail, guessing it would go a little over 400 lbs. We hunted unit 62.

Highpockets congrats on Killing your first bear. Have any pictures to post? I hunted in unit 53. Iv'e been fortunate to have killed a bear the last 3 years all in 53. I enjoy bear hunting as much as any other hunting.

Yep I got a few pictures will have to figure out how to post pictures, I will get them posted in a couple of days. What do you do with the meat, we made breakfest sausage and cut steak's out of it the rest into bear burger. Thanks

My taxedermist scored my bear at 20 5/16 Said the mount would be done in a couple of weeks. will post a pic then.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom