Colorado Buck

Country

Just got back from my third season Colorado hunt, despite the nice weather and a lot of hunters I was able to take this buck on the fifth day of the hunt. He is a little over 28 inches wide and has a little cheater that you can't see in the picture. Fortunately, I passed on two smaller bucks in the morning before coming across him. Spotted him about 1/2 mile away and was able to get within 350 yards before pulling the trigger.

Here is the pic, I was in unit 52. Hunting was tough with 70 degree weather just about everyday.
6574colorado_2012-2.jpg

Great buck congrats!!!

Romans 10:13
THE LORD IS MY ROCK
NRA LIFE MEMBER
marines.jpg

fox14.gif

Great looking buck! Congrats! I wish I would have seen a buck like that during my 3rd season tag. I ended up taking a 4x4. Not big buck but big enough for me. I was chasing a bigger one about 160ish but he gave me the slip twice.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-21-12 AT 02:23PM (MST)[p]That is a nice buck. And I understand about the weather. We saw one nice buck opening day (in 68) and wifey decided to take it. Good thing as that was the only good buck we saw all season. This year was just not right.

I hunt with a fella who has a real weakness for eye guards, so I guess you get a passing grade! Nice heavy animal.

>LAST EDITED ON Nov-21-12
>AT 02:23?PM (MST)

>
>That is a nice buck.
>And I understand about the
>weather. We saw one
>nice buck opening day (in
>68) and wifey decided to
>take it. Good thing
>as that was the only
>good buck we saw all
>season. This year was
>just not right.

Would love to see a pic. I heard it was really tuff with the warm weather. Jainoon

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom