Colorado Deer - 65 early or 67 3rd?

Bolt

Is 65 high country worth it or should I wait a few years and do 67 3rd?

I am thinking of cashing in on the 65 high country early with 11 points....but....I could try for 67 3rd because I have always heard good things about a 3rd season....

Anyone know these two units?

I hunt 67 every year for elk and have been for the last 10 years and before that units 54 & 55 for about 10 years. I would check on the winter kill this year in the Gunnison Basin first. I drew a tag in 2008 before the last one and did very well but it's not like it used to be.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-03-19 AT 07:07AM (MST)[p]Success rates are 70 and 100%

I hunt harder than most with horses. I am stoked about this hunt. I get first choice Before any of the second season third season and fourth season guys. And I get to scout it in August and they will still be there when the hunt opens. This hunt is much better than a third season. I'm excited for it.

Something about a horseback hunt above 11,000 feet. I get sick to my stomach when I touch an ATV. I grew up on them playing around in the back property. Just doesn't feel like a hunt if I'm sitting on one. Also tough to drive around in Lowcountry Hills hoping for a buck. For me, it feels much better to be in the high country. Especially during the fall colors. No ATV in sight. That's a hunt.

I could have drawn a late season tag and set around waiting for somebody else to push them or for the rut. I would rather try my luck off the edge of a cliff at 12,000 feet

>LAST EDITED ON Apr-03-19
>AT 07:07?AM (MST)

>
>Success rates are 70 and 100%
>
>
>I hunt harder than most with
>horses. I am
>stoked about this hunt.
> I get first choice
>Before any of the second
>season third season and fourth
>season guys. And I get
>to scout it in August
>and they will still be
>there when the hunt opens.
>This hunt is much better
>than a third season. I'm
>excited for it.
>
>Something about a horseback hunt above
>11,000 feet. I get sick
>to my stomach when I
>touch an ATV. I grew
>up on them playing around
>in the back property. Just
>doesn't feel like a hunt
>if I'm sitting on one.
>Also tough to drive around
>in Lowcountry Hills hoping for
>a buck. For me, it
>feels much better to be
>in the high country. Especially
>during the fall colors. No
>ATV in sight. That's a
>hunt.
>
>I could have drawn a late
>season tag and set around
>waiting for somebody else to
>push them or for the
>rut. I would rather try
>my luck off the edge
>of a cliff at 12,000
>feet
Well there will be plenty cliffs to choose from! I really like the idea of an early season hunt too. Like u say u can control things and u r not waiting on the deer to come to u. All u gotta do is cover enough country to find a good deer. That's a lot of points though for a early hunt but I think u could potentially kill a really big deer there too. Plenty of high country to choose from

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom