Colorado Deer Units 134/135/142

songdog

I have a buck deer tag for this general vicinity and know there are not a lot of deer in this area (quantity). However, I have heard that the quality of bucks is generally very good due to the lack of public land and buck tags which allows the bucks to put on some age and size.

Does anyone have any advice/recommendations on how to hunt this open country? I'm planning to get the highest vantage point and glass 'til my eyes bleed...

Does anyone have any experience deer hunting in either of these units? If so, I'd sure like to hear some of your stories...

Many thanks!

There is the Commanche National Grasslands in Unit 135, which opens up a huge chunk of public land. Spending serious time behind the bino's should help.

Whatch out for Tarantula's, scorpions and, of course, rattlesnakes.

What season?

I'll be hunting the early plains deer season, Oct.23-Nov.2. From what I can tell anywhere within a couple miles of water is a good place to start searching for a buck. Are there usually a lot of hunters down on the Comanche National Grasslands hunting deer? There are only 20 buck tags issued for Unit 135 so I don't think there will be just a whole lot of competition but you never know. Might be some coyote hunters or bird hunters to deal with though...

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom